Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Match 3 - A New Mobile Learning Resource!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LEARNING RESOURCE] Unreal Match 3 - A New Mobile Learning Resource!

Unreal Match 3 is built from the ground up to help developers learn how to make mobile games using Unreal Engine 4.

With Unreal Match 3, you can:

Unreal Match 3 utilizes UE4 features such as the Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG) UI editor and the Paper 2D toolset. With the Unreal Match 3 project, you can look through the game’s Blueprint scripts, art assets, and C++ code, and use the assets for your own projects. If you’ve ever wondered how UE4 supports ads, achievements, in-app purchases, and leaderboards, this download will show you how they work in a live environment, as well as how they were set up within the project.

We've had a blast creating this learning resource for you all - check it out and have fun!

Just a note, for Mac users downloading the project in the launcher:
    • If you're not going to set up your own Flurry code (instructions here), disable the Flurry Analytics Plugin before building the project.
    • The project is set up for Shipping, so if you'd prefer to build a Development build, open your DefaultEngine.ini config file and change bDevForArm64=True to bDevForArm64=False.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 04-21-2016, 05:46 PM.

YEUS! Been waiting for this

Comment

Very awesome, though I've already been through all the frustration of figuring this out myself.

One thing though: You can't restore purchases on Android, any ETA on that? It's fairly crucial that this is possible.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Epic!

Comment

What's the licensing terms with regards to the source code?
          Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sslaxx View Post
            What's the licensing terms with regards to the source code?
            from above: "you can look through the game’s Blueprint scripts, art assets, and C++ code, and use the assets for your own projects. "

I've seen nothing that contradicts how we can use all the assets that Epic has given freely. Use them to your hearts content in personal, hobbiest, or commercial projects. Can't sell the asset itself, but can use it in commercial projects.

Of course, that's just my armchair lawyering.

Go crazy!

Comment

Any chance of a future Match 3 video tutorial?

Comment

Fantastic!
                | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Tried to compile for the Android. Won't compile.

Comment

Great stuff, thx a lot

Comment

Huge thanks for this! I hope the docs are detailed, will look into them soon.

Til then - I saw on Google play this is a 62Mb download limit. Does that sound large? That puts it right along Candy Crush Saga which has a lot more content. I guess I'm really wondering if there are size optimizations to come later down the line or if this size is expected?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                        Tried to compile for the Android. Won't compile.
                        Hey theProfessor. Please report this to the Bug Reports section of the UE4 Answerhub, along with all details and error messages, and we can investigate why this is failing to compile.

Cheers
                        Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

This is a great initiative. Will this project get kept up to date with future UE developments? Tappy Chicken for instance could do with a small remake since UMG gave us a better option for UI work but it's not been kept up to date. No biggie for Tappy Chicken, would be nice to see this project getting continued love if needed though.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Lauren! There are a few local files on your computer which were not copied over when the demo was downloaded. Both of these are the media files (UE4_Logos): D:/Lauren.Ridge_D1146_Main/UE4-UserContent/4.10/CompleteProjects/Match3/Content/Movies/UE4_Logo_Portrait368.mp4

Any chance you could release these 2 movies so that we can link to them properly?
                            WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                            World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                            WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Something struck me - did you guys add code to make sure there will always be at least one solution at any one time? How is this handled? It'd need to be added in code once new gems fall down as well once three items have been matched.

Comment

Working...
                              X