This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illusionray View Post
    Tim - I am not frustrated I saw that many guys asked for it and they were cool features to test and maybe in the rush you (Epic) forgot to show us how to test them. But I am far from being upset, having such cool things down the road!
    That's good. Hard to read context sometimes. I can say I've been in the same situation trying to try new things and not knowing can lead to frustration of not having information to do so. Not specifically with UE but really any program. Especially when I was first using PhysX Cloth.

We're happy to help where we can though with the new features though. Over the holiday break I'm looking to dive in a little bit more into the ones I've yet to use so it'll be fun to see what comes out of it.
    Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
    UE4 Documentation
    Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by joe.real View Post
      Getting these errors from the 4.11p1 installed from the Launcher. It's a Subsurface Profile material

MaterialEditorStats:Error: Error [SM5] DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(140,29): error X3018: invalid subscript 'EyeIndex'
      MaterialEditorStats:Error: Error [SM5] BasePassVertexShader.usf(86,29): error X3018: invalid subscript 'EyeIndex'

UPDATE: Subsurface Profile shading model was not the issue. It turns out all tessellated materials expose this bug.
      UPDATE2: Above errors are from a copy of an existing project converted to 4.11p1. I tried a blank project with starter content. Enabling tessellation on existing or new material doesn't lead to the shader compiler error messages above, but it simply doesn't render. E.g. turn on tessellation on starter M_Chair material -> no error message but the chair is invisible.
      Is this with instanced stereo enabled or disabled? Tessellation isn't supported with instanced stereo in this release.

Comment

Anim Dynamics seems interesting but it doesn't actually work very well... even on a mesh with a proper PhAT (like the default character) the simulation is pretty consistently broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Vance View Post
          Is this with instanced stereo enabled or disabled? Tessellation isn't supported with instanced stereo in this release.
          I enabled it (instanced stereo) in the converted 4.10 project where I saw the error messages. However, I didn't enable it in the new blank project where enabling tessellation on a starter content material fails to render it without error messages (all fresh default settings). The bug report (here) has been answered, and the second case seems already fixed internally.

Comment

Thank you for adding transition dither to LODs. Much appreciated.

Comment

I don't know if this has been spotted or maybe it's just me. The editor seems to freeze when loading world composition terrains. I also can't get it to play whenever I hit the play button from my persistent level.

Coming 2016| Interested joining my team, email me: daniiartsstudio@gmail.com
              Official Thread! Unreal Forums Follow us on Facebook Watch development blog on Youtube

Comment

I really hope we get an example character utilizing the new shaders. I have no idea what to plug into the new slots! Looks fantastic though!!

Official Thread! Unreal Forums Follow us on Facebook Watch development blog on Youtube

Comment

great features , is there any hope to finally have Multi-Touch support in windows platform in 4.11 ?

Comment

Cannot wait for stable release! Awesome work, Epic

Any info about DX12?

Comment

Tried to compile it from source using the 4.10.x Substance Plugin and it dies one it hits that. Anyone know of a possible work around? Would love to try out 4.11 but all the assets we are using depend on Substance :\ it worked in the past though seems to not want to now. Anyone who has knowledge of adding stuff via source input would be awesome cause when it comes to programming I am pretty much a noob.
                      Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                      Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                      FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                      Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                      Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                      LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Originally posted by egotwig View Post
                        Epic Games launcher for Linux, or I will stick to using Unity.

Thanks.
                        <laughs> You determine your engine use based upon a launcher? You jesting?
                        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                        -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14+: here.

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                          Cannot wait for stable release! Awesome work, Epic

Any info about DX12?
                          That's not already a part of the engine?

Comment

So far, I love the preview of 4.11.

The Sequencer is shaping up to be a well thought out tool, coupled with EXR output makes me a very happy camper. I'm not sure what else is on the list for inclusion of the Sequencer, but There are a few missing channels from EXR, such as Reflection, and Velocity.

One nice thing for some parameters would be different controllers, similar to how they are implemented in 3DS MAX, such as a noise controller or math expressions. These can be extremely useful for manipulation transforms.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use a PATH track.

Cheers,

Sterling
                            Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Originally posted by liondog View Post
                              That's not already a part of the engine?
                              DX12 according to the roadmap is still in the works. I think it can be enabled by adding a parametor to the editor exe I think it's -D3D12 it's mentioned in the 4.10 thread. Look up "how to enable DX12" should come up.
                              Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                              Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                              FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                              Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                              Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                              LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

New physically based shading model for realistic hair based on the latest research from film.
                                That is not hairworks i.e. does it work well on all graphics cards?
                                Hi!

Comment

Working...
                                X