This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 8 for 4.11! Please view the Known Issues List on page 1 of this thread for the updated list of known issues.

Important Known Issue: UE-27673 - Mac (El Capitan on Nvidia GPUs) crashes when building lighting. This is due to an Nvidia GPU driver bug on OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 or earlier. The solution for this is to update to OSX 10.11.4.

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.11 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.
    This is expected to be the final Preview for 4.11.
    The official 4.11 Release is currently expected to occur around the end of March.

Note: OculusMobile SDK on 1.0. (Desktop still 0.8)

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 8 - CL 2916259

Fixed! UE-27462 ShooterGame fails to launch on Xbox One
    Fixed! UE-28057 Android crash a couple minutes into StrategyGame
    Fixed! UE-28492 Lighting needs to be rebuilt in UE4 4.11 Samples
    Fixed! UE-28232 2D scene capture component crashes the editor when dragged into the viewport
    Fixed! UE-28441 [CrashReport] Crash on Duplicating from Higher on Beam Emitter Type Module in LOD1
    Fixed! UE-28491 Placing a Constant 3 Vector in a Material on Mac Metal causes log spam
    Fixed! UE-28391 HotReload is not updating instances already placed in the level
    Fixed! UE-27424 Reimplement GC cluster fixes in 4.11 to fix memory leaks
    Fixed! UE-28051 Android LaunchOn camera forced down in jolts when fired rapidly
    Fixed! UE-28442 SunTemple crashes on iPad 4 when opened multiple times
    Fixed! UE-28201 Can select child actor component in scene outliner after loading level
    Fixed! UE-28169 PSVR is mispredicting on several UE4 titles, need to adjust the prediction timing
    Fixed! UE-28114 Crash in shaped text when measuring an empty range
    Fixed! UE-28068 Eyes incorrectly offset with instanced stereo enabled
    Fixed! UE-27892 iOS leaks all HTTP responses
    Fixed! UE-28386 [Mac][Metal] - Panic/Crash when closing active window of packaged project
    Fixed! UE-28000 Instanced Stereo Rendering not being used
    Fixed! UE-27617 UnrealMatch3 not displaying UMG background material on mobile devices
    Fixed! UE-27637 Leap Motion plugin broken with 4.11, need updated code from them
    Fixed! UE-24713 Match3 crash on several Android devices Data != NULL
    Fixed! UE-26167 Unreal Match 3 Movie is causing crash on startup
    Fixed! UE-28558 Letterboxing in blueprint First Person on some aspect ratios
    Fixed! UE-28438 Player spawns inside the floor
    Fixed! UE-28564 Blueprint Errors not displaying in Log
    Fixed! UE-28054 Unable to get mouse control in the server window when networking in editor
    Fixed! UE-27863 Project freezes when launching on mobile
    Fixed! UE-28526 Match3 does not compile in debug
    Fixed! UE-26565 Shootergame fails to package for WindowsXP
    Fixed! UE-25688 Some ContentExamples maps have player start outside level boundary
    Fixed! UE-28240 Lighting needs to be built in Sanctuary map in Shooter Game
    Fixed! UE-27855 Crash launching project on mobile devices
    Fixed! UE-27798 Erroneous MoveFixedBody warnings when running construction scripts in game
    Fixed! UE-27535 Starting position of physics simulated bp is different in Standalone Game
    Fixed! UE-27154 Using StereoPano capture commands crashes the editor
    Fixed! UE-26789 Available HTML5 browsers are not automatically listed in the HTML5 SDK project settings
    Fixed! UE-28434 Matinee Capture Movie is rendering distorted when aspect ratio is set to 2:1
    Fixed! UE-28293 Multiple Content Example intro boards have typos or need rewording
    Fixed! UE-23446 If a hot reload is performed after adding a custom UserDefinedEnum class to the project, the Editor will crash.
    Fixed! UE-28189 Crash Occurs When Duplicating Static Mesh with Foliage Placed on it
    Fixed! UE-27824 Component in Child Blueprint Parented to Inherited Component Disappears
    Fixed! UE-26768 Sequencer crashing engine when opening Sequencer File with Audio setup inside (FAsyncAudioDecompressWorker:oWork() [audiodecompress.cpp:336])
    Fixed! UE-24967 Integrate D3D12 update from MS
    Fixed! UE-28005 KiteDemo: Deer spawn immobile in Kite Cinematic
    Fixed! UE-28003 Fail to QuickLaunch HTML5 through UnrealFrontEnd
    Fixed! UE-28162 Components added via IWCE in 4.11 to actor with inherited root component spawn in wrong location
    Fixed! UE-27795 Split Pins on a referenced Macro Library will crash the editor on restart
    Fixed! UE-28122 Plugin Warden links to invalid store page
    Fixed! UE-28154 Math expression node text not editable on creation
    Fixed! UE-28118 Instanced stereo rendering doesn't handle arbitrary eye gap sizes.
    Fixed! UE-27856 "Always" Save on Compile does not save the Blueprint
    Fixed! UE-27859 Cannot spawn tab because no spawner is registered for 'BlueprintProfiler' for multiple assets in Automation Test
    Fixed! UE-27987 Match3 Settings menu text is inconsistent
    Fixed! UE-27995 Match3 loses theme selection buttons after returning to Start Screen on Android
    Fixed! UE-28312 Android store version should not be limited to 65535
    Fixed! UE-28013 Rivalry runs very slow on Nexus 9 before Android 6.0
    Fixed! UE-26994 Directional Light (stationary) causing blown out lighting on suntemple with Mobile Renderer
    Fixed! UE-26900 Consistent hitch 1 minute into play on some Android devices
    Fixed! UE-27509 Save on compile set to always causes a crash on compile
    Fixed! UE-26284 KiteDemo: Missing foliage textures
    Fixed! UE-24793 iPadPro uses wrong resolution
    Fixed! UE-28196 Demo Display doesn't render text in Content Examples
    Fixed! UE-27990 Broken textures in KiteDemo
    Fixed! UE-28471 Shader Complexity view no longer showing particle effects
    Fixed! UE-26194 FBX Import flips faces of mesh on Import for static meshes

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find to the UE4 Answerhub
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 03-24-2016, 10:16 AM.
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Nice work Epic. I'm super excited for the final release next week! This is what makes UE4 stand above the rest.
      Abatron Development Thread
      www.abatrongame.com
      Steam Store

Comment

Originally posted by Devero View Post
        Nice work Epic. I'm super excited for the final release next week! This is what makes UE4 stand above the rest.
        Is that hopeful speculation or has there been official word on a release next week?

Comment

Originally posted by rharbinRFX View Post
          Is that hopeful speculation or has there been official word on a release next week?
          This is expected to be the final Preview for 4.11.
          The official 4.11 Release is currently expected to occur around the end of March.

Comment

Installed Preview 8 but when launching, I get a message:

Plugin 'LeapMotionController' failed to load because module 'LeapMotionController' does not appear to be compatible with the current verion of the engine. The plugin may need to be recompiled."

Clicking 'OK', I am returned to the Launcher without starting the engine.

How to fix this? (I do not currently have VS2015 installed. Is this somehow related?)

***Edit I 'resolved' the issue by removing the two Leapfrog folders from the Plugins/Runtime folder.
            Last edited by jrboddie; 03-22-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

we are already at end of the march... -_- you said "mid" of the march before.. cmon epic.. we is lov you, dont make uz cry

Comment

Wow the known issues list is getting really small!

Comment

Newest preview made so that mouse axis getters won't give any values if mouse cursor is set to be visible.

Why such weird changes?
                  In 4.10 the behavior was strange as well requiring you to hold any mouse button down for value to update if cursor was visible.
                  4.11 was great so far with no weirdness - axis values updated without needing mouse buttons to be held, but now it doesn't work at all if cursor is visible.

Edit:
                  I'm talking about this setup:

Comment

For the record:

New Report: UE-28634 We can't use the new UMG listenforinputaction (use of ActionMapping directly in UMG widget) when in UIOnly mode.

I hope you will fix this before the release, otherwise this excellent new feature won't be usable.

Thanks

Comment

I'm not seeing the 4.11.0-preview-8 tag in github. Did that get lost in the shuffle?

Comment

Originally posted by brmckee View Post
                        I'm not seeing the 4.11.0-preview-8 tag in github. Did that get lost in the shuffle?
                        Yeah, it will be available on Github pretty soon. Thanks

Edit: Ready! https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...11.0-preview-8
                        Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 03-22-2016, 03:11 PM.
                        Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Fixed! UE-27824 THANKS!!!

Comment

Can you confirm that UE-26410 (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...itor-lock.html) is fixed with Preview 8 & OS X 10.11.4? Thank You!

Comment

My simple project on android lost 12 fps . I had 32 on android samsung samsunggalaxy 3 Now it is 22 .
                              It happened after prewiew 7 .
                              Do not install prewiew 6 just immediately jumped from 5 to 7 .
                              The situation is similar on ios .
                              I only use Blueprints
                              I'm using UE4 Launcher version.
                              HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by jacenty; 03-22-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alperenozgur View Post
                                we are already at end of the march... -_- you said "mid" of the march before.. cmon epic.. we is lov you, dont make uz cry
                                No way, let them make it shiny and stable thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X