Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having a ton of problems win the latest preview on OSX 10.11.4 Every time I look at a material or try and add a texture (basically anything that will change the preview render in the material editor) it crashes UE4.

I switch to Metal and now just gets stuck in an infinite beachball. I have sent 6 or 7 crash dumps and will and something in answer hub

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-material.html
    Last edited by Anadin; 03-03-2016, 07:46 AM. Reason: Added answer hub link

Comment

Is there any plans in the near future for the media player or something similar in the engine ? It does work quite good just with video. But having sound sync with video is really not working at the moment, and I suspect it hasn't done that for very long.
      Seems weird that it hasn't gotten updated in a very very long time. Matinee is good but sometimes you would like pre-rendered cutscenes, and that's when the media player would be nice.
      Maybe I am just missing something and there is actually something else we can use ?
      Last edited by Robin.UltraUltra; 03-03-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin.UltraUltra View Post
        Is there any plans in the near future for the media player or something similar in the engine ?
        Seems weird that it hasn't gotten updated in a very very long time. Matinee is good but sometimes you would like pre-rendered cutscenes, and that's when the media player would be nice.
        Maybe I am just missing something and there is actually something else we can use ?
        So there is no way to play a video (mp4 for example) in a GUI (3D or 2D) or as a texture on the level ?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin.UltraUltra View Post
          Is there any plans in the near future for the media player or something similar in the engine ? It does work quite good just with video. But having sound sync with video is really not working at the moment, and I suspect it hasn't done that for very long.
          check this link , it has some information for you

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...rk-please.html

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
            First problem I've found so far, you can't build / package a project for Android unless you have the GearVR plugin enabled. The Clang compiler complains about linker errors, which are somewhat obscure.

I enabled the plug-in, restarted the editor and the project packages as it's supposed to now.
            Yes, I created UE-27552 for this issue. It is fixed with this GitHub commit: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...7d229c99fa2374

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
              So there is no way to play a video (mp4 for example) in a GUI (3D or 2D) or as a texture on the level ?
              There is, but sound is a big issue to get working and synced with movie image, and since they state that the media player and the widget (which you would use in that case) is both not ready for production it seems quite risky using that in you project :/

I see pyropace, well that gives some information but doesn't really solve my problem, hopefully we could get some more information about what happens next with the media player by some Unreal Staff ?
              Sure I could probably do a plugin and buy a third party software, but it is not really something I can do without knowing that it would be a valid solution. Would like to be able to use the Media Player

Comment

instanced stereo

Did anyone get the instaced stereo working? I tried it on 2 computers (2 x 980 Ti) and with SLI on/off and with instanced stereo on/off (the 4 possibilities) I always get something like this:

edit: how come I can't upload image? It's only url now?

0% on the second card.
                Last edited by vimaxus; 03-04-2016, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
                  Yes, I created UE-27552 for this issue. It is fixed with this GitHub commit: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...7d229c99fa2374
                  Thanks Chris,

A couple of other issues I've found:

1) If you press the Android Menu button to remove focus from the app, then click on the minimized window to open the app again, the screen stays black and it never comes back up properly. Our music kept playing in the background so the games obviously running, but it doesn't display again. This was on an NVidia Shield. Other devices too.

2) This one has been an issue for a while, but if you add a material to an image in UMG, and set it's draw / zorder to -1, it doesn't draw on the device. It does however draw fine on the ES2 preview and on windows, just when it's on the device it doesn't work. No idea how that one will be fixed..

EDIT: AHub post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-on-focus.html
                  Last edited by TheJamsh; 03-04-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
                    Did anyone get the instaced stereo working? I tried it on 2 computers (2 x 980 Ti) and with SLI on/off and with instanced stereo on/off (the 4 possibilities) I always get something like this:
                    0% on the second card.
                    Well, if I understand well, instanced stereo has nothing to do with bi-gpu rendering.
                    It is a technique to render both eyes without having to issue draw calls (gpu commands) two times (one for each eye).

So it's only an optimization of rendering on one card.
                    I'm not sure it can work on bi-gpu, even with the new "nvidia's VR SLI" driver mode.
                    [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                    UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.12-beta for UE4.22 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
                    UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.4.5 for UE4.22)

Comment

Originally posted by SRombauts View Post
                      I'm not sure it can work on bi-gpu, even with the new "nvidia's VR SLI" driver mode.
                      Sorry, it sounded so logical as VR SLI was supposed to be introduced in 4.11, I thought it's a way to make it work for both Nvidia and AMD.
                      So there is no VR SLI in 4.11?

Comment

where to download 4.11 preview 6?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinZAMD View Post
                          where to download 4.11 preview 6?
                          https://www.unrealengine.com/dashboard

This launcher .msi setup
                          then from launcher you can download UE4
                          tox.chat - Skype alternative
                          blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Are distance fields broken in 4.11? I tried to clone a project over for review and there zero distance field shadows and can't be visualized either.

Comment

Is it just me or is DK2 tracking broken?
                              4.10 works fine, but with 4.11 P6 everything is messed up.
                              If I look at the floor and shift my view from left to right, the view doesn't go straight, instead it makes a curve.
                              Like my eye to neck distance would be 1meter or so.

Also the Showdown VR Demo doesn't work at all.
                              Positional tracing is fine, but I can't look around.

Comment

Are distance fields broken in 4.11? I tried to clone a project over for review and there zero distance field shadows and can't be visualized either.
                                it's not supported on mac yet, but it works on windows, i tried it on preview 6

Comment

Working...
                                X