Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any closer to skeletal mesh distance field shadows with point lights?

Comment

Originally posted by FatalMuffin View Post
      Any closer to skeletal mesh distance field shadows with point lights?
      They introduced capsule shadows for skeletal meshes. Those can cast both direct and indirect soft shadows. Basically doing the same thing with different presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
        Any ETA on full 4.11 release?
        My guess will be when the GDC Expo starts in March
        Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

Yeah, they should spend time taking care of the all the known issues, and bug-fix further. I'm getting some weird issues where I cannot import a skeletal mesh into 4.10, but in 4.11 it works. Unsure what the issue is but will just wait for 4.11, haha.

Comment

I guess UMG got fixing pass?
            Had zero crashes after week of working with it! In previous versions I got two or more crashes by daily basis
            Thanks!
            SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
            Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
              I guess UMG got fixing pass?
              Had zero crashes after week of working with it! In previous versions I got two or more crashes by daily basis
              Thanks!
              Woo! Yeah - it had some work done.

Comment

I am still on 4.9.2 - has the "compiling a widget invalidates all dependant widgets" bug been fixed?

Comment

Unreal Engine being free still seems too good to be true, even if you pay a 5% royalty.

I wonder if this is just an experiment and perhaps in a year UE will no longer be free anymore?

Comment

It will be free for ever since the source code wasout there for too long ^^
                    And to be honest... epic would destroy themselves if they suddenly change their mind. It would have horrific consequences for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanizitas View Post
                      It will be free for ever since the source code wasout there for too long ^^
                      And to be honest... epic would destroy themselves if they suddenly change their mind. It would have horrific consequences for all.
                      Well to be honest, everyone who is serious about developing would understand it if Epic would decide to revert it back to some kind of different payment model. At the end Epic Games is still a business and has to sustain a certain income, otherwise we wouldn't have the engine around for long.
                      The Unreal Wiki & Unreal Docs are full of helpful Information about almost every topic!
                      Found a Bug? Have a Question or a Feature request? The AnswerHub is your best friend!
                      Want to share/discuss your progress or a tutorial? The Forums are all yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.R View Post
                        Well to be honest, everyone who is serious about developing would understand it if Epic would decide to revert it back to some kind of different payment model. At the end Epic Games is still a business and has to sustain a certain income, otherwise we wouldn't have the engine around for long.
                        I totally agree - it is just way too awesome with zero barrier entry. You just need to focus, pool your creativity and talent to complete your games.

Comment

is there any plan of add decal's [Set Fade Screen Size] at blueprint?

Comment

Is there any Radeon users with shuttering problems then please help report this bug to AMD https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...reen-both.html

I am not 100% sure but all tests points to this bug on my Win 8.1 that editor has mass shuttering sometimes and only reversing to pre Crimson fixes this or using -SM4(for me it is much better with this). No crashes on my pc but just shuttering. Just tested preview 6, like Epic told that this is AMD issue.
                            tox.chat - Skype alternative
                            blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Hey There, this is my first time posting a comment.
                              I just wanted to ask that, would we be able to change the inherited capsule component shape in future update or any time soon ?
                              If not, I would love to have it
                              and if yes than I will be waiting for it eagerly.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rishabhabhani View Post
                                Hey There, this is my first time posting a comment.
                                I just wanted to ask that, would we be able to change the inherited capsule component shape in future update or any time soon ?
                                If not, I would love to have it
                                and if yes than I will be waiting for it eagerly.

Thank you.
                                Its on the trello board: https://trello.com/c/sjjZlwll
                                Though its backlogged so we have to wait :/ But vote for it, so they know people want this

Comment

Working...
                                X