This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very unstable

Hi guys! I installed and tested preview 5 yesterday and have never experienced so many crashes in the editor. Selecting and moving objects in the editor seemed to be the main "offenders", so hopefully this will be fixed in the next preview. Also, the materials seem to be missing when building projects for android devices. I haven`t seen this one on the "known issues" list, but hopefully the devs are aware of it.

Cheers!

Edit: I guess this is what`s causing the editor to constantly crash --> UE-26423 Crash moving a static mesh in viewport after closing a widget blueprint .
    Last edited by brokenpoly; 02-12-2016, 06:44 AM.
    "Fast, fat computers breed slow, lazy programmers."

Comment

I just noticed little bug which you added in 4.9 update, it is still there in 4.11P5 + master. It's just one line fix, so I hope it will make it into final version.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-does-not.html

Quick pull request:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2052

It took me some time to find the reason why my feature stopped working, I did not expect BeginPlay not firing because I was working with native class.
      Last edited by Skylonxe; 02-12-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
        Thanks for the info! Would it be possible to get some kind of documentation/examples for the new shaders hair/eye etc. beforehand? Even just highres screens of the material and texture setups would help.
        Seconding this. No need for a big doc/explanation yet, simple screenshots of the texture/material setup for the new skin/eye/hair shaders that can be used as base reference, would already be a tremendous help. There is nearly a month 'til the official release, it would be great if artists could use this time to warm up with those shaders.

Comment

Hello.
          What about UE-20920?
          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Hey guys,

Just curious, do you need to do any mesh setup to get LOD dithering? The UT team just updated to 4.11 and my custom meshes don't seem to be dither, while the stock ones do.

edit: nvm, missed the material setting!
            Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 02-13-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

hi!

posted a bug here
              https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ader-fail.html

anyone else experience projects going black on android?

Comment

Jus got a big crash on OS X with Preview 5. Not even a kernel panic just a black screen then the machine rebooted. Weird. Preview 4 didn't do this. I was running the tappy chicken project. Trying to reproduce.

Comment

Wait wait wait, I just saw on the front page that the marker based anim syncing is in preview 5? Like, the Paragon "reverse root motion" thing that was shown? That's awesome as hell!

On a side note, is there any chance that you guys could write whether or not a preview is just fixes or if it includes new features? I almost missed this marker based thing and the anim dynamics from preview 4 (or was it 3?).

Comment

Having issues with decals, disappearing on the left eye o_o 4.11 Preview 5

Comment

Please fix these bug,UE-20798,UE-20815
                      Are these very difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by Icchansan View Post
                        Having issues with decals, disappearing on the left eye o_o 4.11 Preview 5
                        Hi Icchansan,

Can you post this on the AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section so we can investigate and track the issue there?

Please include any relevant information needed to reproduce the issue. You can also click the link in my signature for "How to report a bug?" to make sure all necessary information is included.

Thank you!
                        Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                        UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by pafupafu View Post
                          Please fix these bug,UE-20798,UE-20815
                          Are these very difficult?
                          Hi pafupafu,

Both of these issues are on the "To Do" list, but have been pushed to be investigated for 4.12. This could still get pushed out further depending on other priorities and bugs. Sorry for an inconvience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
                          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                          UE4 Documentation

Comment

UMG graphics looks horrible when game is paused, VR and normal (but I never tried in previous versions, just 4.11.0 preview 5)

EDIT: the problem is related to TemporalAA I tried with no AA and was perfect!
                            Last edited by osakaro; 02-15-2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to elaborate more on "
                              •Landscape layer whitelisting, allowing you to control which landscape components should accept which layers in the painting tool" or to point out a reference that explains this? Thanks!
                              Unreal/Unity Blog http://unity-unreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

What version of the Oculus SDK do i need to run on 4.11 preview 5? (too many pages to scroll through)

EDIT: Nevermind, sorted
                                Last edited by Steve_T; 02-17-2016, 11:21 AM.
                                | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Working...
                                X