This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    I've learned that GLES 3.x won't be part of the 4.11 Binary.

Cheers
    That is pretty upsetting, but thanks for finding out.

Can you please tell us when, if ever, GL ES 3.x will be one of the standard options shipped with UE4 ?

Comment

Hi,

I'm please could you expand on what the following means for VR. I primarily work in large scale VR for education. So need to run stereo in full side by side mode on lecture screens. We still use head tracking and wand devices but are constrained to using Unity 3D because we can use a custom camera rig and frustum to control the FOV and eye sep. Currently the only VR systems supported are small scale VR headsets with additional warping distorting the side by side to correct headset lens distortion needed.

Will any of these new features support turning the post process distortion off? I'm not sure I understand the release notes, any help would be appreciated. I'd much prefer to work with UE4 than Unity 3D on the next project.

Thanks
      Cat
      Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
      PREVIEW!
      [*]VR Updates:
      • Instanced Stereo Rendering
      • Head Mounted Display Camera Refactor
      • Stereo Layers
      • SDK Updates: Oculus SDK 1.0, SteamVR 1.0, PlayStationVR SDK3 Updates, and Gear VR LibOVRMobile 1.0 (not yet updated for Preview 1, but will be by final release)

Comment

In 4.11 preview 4 I am still experience an issue similar to UE-25625, but only with inherited BP actor. I have been experiencing this issue since around 4.7.

I have a Parent BP that inherits down into 4 child BPs that in turn inherit down to ~8 grand-child BPs each. Occasionally when I open after UE4 crashing usually one or more of my grand-child BPs will have their values reset to the defaults of the parent/grand parent.

I was first under the impression this may have been a "feature" that pushes down the defaults down to the children BPs, but it only affects some grand-children seemingly randomly while the others remain perfectly fine. After about 5 crashes all my values will be back to their defaults.

Does this sound like UE-25625 or perhaps a different bug altogether? Does any one know of any work arounds? I worked around this by data driving all my defaults, but this is quite tedious and was hoping this would be resolved in this version.

Also, a new issues I'm experiencing on 4.11 preview 4 is inability to launch to IOS due to generic company name in plist file. I made a post on the answerhub here:
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...generatin.html

Any one else experiencing this as well? Is this potentionally related to UE-25571? The quick version of the issues is that it appears that Bundle Identifier is being ignored when "launch to device" is used causing a generic identifier in plist which causes the package to be rejected by IOS.

I would appreciate any help with these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by treemakesagame View Post
          In 4.11 preview 4 I am still experience an issue similar to UE-25625, but only with inherited BP actor. I have been experiencing this issue since around 4.7.

I have a Parent BP that inherits down into 4 child BPs that in turn inherit down to ~8 grand-child BPs each. Occasionally when I open after UE4 crashing usually one or more of my grand-child BPs will have their values reset to the defaults of the parent/grand parent.

I was first under the impression this may have been a "feature" that pushes down the defaults down to the children BPs, but it only affects some grand-children seemingly randomly while the others remain perfectly fine. After about 5 crashes all my values will be back to their defaults.

Does this sound like UE-25625 or perhaps a different bug altogether? Does any one know of any work arounds? I worked around this by data driving all my defaults, but this is quite tedious and was hoping this would be resolved in this version.

Also, a new issues I'm experiencing on 4.11 preview 4 is inability to launch to IOS due to generic company name in plist file. I made a post on the answerhub here:
          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...generatin.html

Any one else experiencing this as well? Is this potentionally related to UE-25571? The quick version of the issues is that it appears that Bundle Identifier is being ignored when "launch to device" is used causing a generic identifier in plist which causes the package to be rejected by IOS.

I would appreciate any help with these issues.
          I've been fighting a similar issue with inherited BP in the current release with 4.10. For whatever reason, the thing will reset all my child class variables with whatever values are in the parent BP. Interestingly enough, it doesn't happen with all the children of a class. This has made me wonder if something was upgraded in the engine since it seems that it is always with the older inheritance classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
            I've been fighting a similar issue with inherited BP in the current release with 4.10. For whatever reason, the thing will reset all my child class variables with whatever values are in the parent BP. Interestingly enough, it doesn't happen with all the children of a class. This has made me wonder if something was upgraded in the engine since it seems that it is always with the older inheritance classes.
            This would be a good thing to check. Tomorrow I'll create some brand new BPs full of inheritances and will see if I can do anything to get them to reset. If it does work it is still not an ideal solution as larger BP projects would take some time to complete migrate over manually*, but it's better than no solution.

*Assuming r-click>duplicate would also duplicate the bug itself.

Comment

Originally posted by anders View Post
              Can we get some tutorial examples of how the new attenuation setting can work? Tried 4.11, but sound occlusion for example didn't work for me.

[EDIT] Got it to work now!
              In that screenshot you had your filter frequency up to 20kHz which essentially means the sound will be unchanged since the filter isn't doing anything. Same thing with the volume attenuation, so setting either of these values lower (or higher in the case of the volume attenuation) will cause audible changes provided the radius and falloff of the sound are large enough.
              ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 5 for 4.11! Please view the Known Issues List on page 1 of this thread for the updated list of known issues.

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.11 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 5 - CL 2858478

Fixed! UE-23373 [CrashReport] Crash occurs opening some animations - TSharedMapView<FName,FString>::Find()
                Fixed! UE-26336 Crash importing a skeletal mesh while the same mesh is open in Persona
                Fixed! UE-26230 Selecting a component on an instance crashes the editor.
                Fixed! UE-26203 Crash Occurs When Using Move Component To and Overlap Event
                Fixed! UE-26103 CLONE - Right clicking text fields causes window to shrink
                Fixed! UE-26004 Crash when redoing a paste of a copied event node
                Fixed! UE-25677 Unable to package code projects for HTML5 emcc link command line is very long
                Fixed! UE-25571 Can't Launch On or Package code templates on iOS
                Fixed! UE-25593 UnrealHeaderTool does not detect program plugins enabled by default
                Fixed! UE-25332 Can't paste a hierarchy of UMG widgets into a Panel widget after deleting previous child
                Fixed! UE-26466 PhysX libraries version mismatch
                Fixed! UE-26547 Crash in editor while compiling in Event Graph (One off crash)
                Fixed! UE-26432 Memory leak in instanced static mesh (e.g. foliage) lightmap building
                Fixed! UE-25948 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!NewObject<UGameInstance>() [uobjectglobals.h:1130]
                Fixed! UE-24553 Auto Convex Collision will cause crash when using significantly small meshes
                Fixed! UE-25006 Merge bug fix for Vertex Colors in UI Materials into 4.11
                Fixed! UE-24967 Integrate D3D12 update from MS
                Fixed! UE-24038 Setting ComponentTick as a Hide Category in an Actor Component Blueprint corrupts the BP and causes a crash when opened after an editor restart
                Fixed! UE-26134 Add missing GetNoAffinityMask
                Fixed! UE-26129 OpenRead of a file in OBB but outside of a PAK starts with wrong seek location
                Fixed! UE-26112 Widget Component blurry in when set to masked
                Fixed! UE-26106 AddToPlayerScreen not respecting camera aspect ratio lock
                Fixed! UE-26033 Blueprints: SPaletteItemVisibilityToggle crashing on a bogus weakobject pointer
                Fixed! UE-26021 SOverlay will not call paint for a child slot if that slot's rectangle does not intersect the overlay's clipping rectangle
                Fixed! UE-26005 Undoing and redoing the addition of an add component node creates an invisible node in the blueprint graph
                Fixed! UE-25989 PhysX crash closing QAGame on Mac
                Fixed! UE-25932 Making changes to a character's variables in the constructor is not updating correctly
                Fixed! UE-25905 CouchKnights fireball fires twice
                Fixed! UE-25850 Launch on Apple TV fails due to version mismatch
                Fixed! UE-25688 Some ContentExamples maps have player start outside level boundary
                Fixed! UE-24584 CRASH: User Defined Structs can have object references in a Map be set on the structure
                Fixed! UE-25599 [CrashReport] Auto-Convex Collision Generation crashing with specific Mesh
                Fixed! UE-25506 Vehicle Template's dashboard view camera on ground in VR
                Fixed! UE-25550 The diff tool causes crashes
                Fixed! UE-25507 Vehicle Advanced Template's dashboard view camera on ground in VR
                Fixed! UE-25367 Camera position too low in ShowdownVRDemo Cinematic
                Fixed! UE-25333 Mac project packaged in Shipping does not have a UE4 icon
                Fixed! UE-25235 Collision volumes don't keep their color in cooked game
                Fixed! UE-21503 Importing multiple SpeedTree assets that use the same texture will not assign correctly
                Fixed! UE-26298 In 4.11.0-preview-3 FBox2D is not backward compatible
                Fixed! UE-25411 Tappy Chicken does not display a numerical score on iOS
                Fixed! UE-22118 Renaming component causes Engine/Transient save error
                Fixed! UE-25848 Dbuffer Decals only render in one eye in stereoscopic with instanced stereo
                Fixed! UE-26277 Infinite loop in SMultiLineEditableText::MoveCursor when using Ctrl+Up/Down
                Fixed! UE-23921 Crash when setting a structure's variable to a custom enum named Color
                Fixed! UE-25747 StrategyGame and Sun Temple levels render as black on the several Mobile devices

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find to the UE4 Answerhub
                Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

can we get an example character with skin hair and eyes shading and set up.

Comment

An updated content example project, showcasing all the new character shaders would be awesome!
                    ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
                      can we get an example character with skin hair and eyes shading and set up.
                      We intend to provide sample content with the final 4.11 release.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Vindkald View Post
                        Will Content Examples be upgraded with new Hair, Eye, Cloth and Skin shaders/materials?

Thanks.
                        This, and some tutorials, will have us churning out some fantastic stuff. We just need the right training.

Comment

Great job !

Comment

UE-25747 is listed both in Fixed! in Preview 5 and in the Know Issues list
                            Guido Lein
                            Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

Comment

Any word on whether or not UE-18622 will be included in 4.11?

I really need that one fixed, there is a PR for it. https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2010
                              Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Originally posted by LeFxGuy View Post
                                UE-25747 is listed both in Fixed! in Preview 5 and in the Know Issues list
                                Hah, good find. I'll investigate this one tomorrow and take it out of this quantum state of uncertainty.

Comment

Working...
                                X