Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot, can't wait to try out the new rendering features as well as VR instancing support.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Thanks a lot for the hard work during all this year!
      I am looking forward to the Oculus SDK updates (Gear VR...)
      Cheers!
      Last edited by SRombauts; 12-22-2015, 05:28 PM.
      [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
      UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.10-beta for UE4.21 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
      UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.4.0 for UE4.21)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
        Thanks for putting the 4.11 preview out before the break. It would be amazing if you guys could post highres screens of the material setups for eye, tearline and hair!
        Yeah, it would be great if you could put a screen what/where to pin in the materials so we can test it

Comment

A few notes about the current state of instanced stereo in this release. The framework and basic rendering support are in this preview. There should be no issues or performance regressions with the feature turned off.

The feature is enabled by checking Instanced Stereo under Edit -> Project Settings -> Rendering -> VR. This requires an engine restart and shader recompile. The base pass and early-z pass should work with static meshes, skeletal meshes, sprite particles and mesh particles with the feature turned on (both serial and parallel rendering paths). A number of small optimizations and other rendering features are not implemented in this release, but will be ready for 4.11.

Instanced stereo currently works on PC (DirectX) and PS4. Other platforms will be something I look at after 4.11.

I made a video that demonstrates how the feature works:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTUwKC7GXjo

Basically, we're utilizing hardware instancing to draw both eyes simultaneously with a single draw call and pass through the render loop. This cuts down render thread CPU time significantly and also improves GPU performance. Bullet Train was seeing ~15 - 20% CPU improvement on the render thread and ~7 - 10% improvement on the GPU.

Comment

Any details you can share on the stereo layer support Ryan? Thanks for taking the time to explain the instances stereo!

Comment

Very excited for this update! So many great rendering features!

Comment

thanks for the updates

Comment

Fantastic update! Instanced Stereo sounds awesome. Any news on VRSLI?

Comment

Will Content Examples be upgraded with new Hair, Eye, Cloth and Skin shaders/materials?

Thanks.

Comment

Any info about Nvidia Gameworks VR and SLI-support?

Comment

Holy ****. I found all the new Settings nodes in Blueprint. Dreams do come true! Can we expect to similar treatment for input mappings?
                        Join Unreal Slackers, the largest Unreal Engine communuty on Discord! → https://unrealslackers.org
                        Have a question? Give me a shout on Twitter → https://twitter.com/heypfist

Comment

Originally posted by Vindkald View Post
                          Will Content Examples be upgraded with new Hair, Eye, Cloth and Skin shaders/materials?

Thanks.
                          Oh please oh please oh please, epic santa, please put this under the christmas tree for us to play with over the break...

Comment

Right as I get my project back to 4.10.1 this pops up. Evil!! Looks like I need to make a copy and play.
                            Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                            Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                            FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                            Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                            Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                            LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pfisterer View Post
                              Holy ****. I found all the new Settings nodes in Blueprint. Dreams do come true! Can we expect to similar treatment for input mappings?
                              ...care to provide a master list? I can't play with the new engine until Rama updates for it but I'm interested in holding off on certain settings-based workarounds if a solution is coming when 4.11 drops.

Comment

^ I'm also curious about these Settings nodes, I'd appreciate any more info.

About these performance optimizations (always needed and always great ), will they result in more FPS during gameplay, or are they just for in-editor performance?

Comment

Working...
                                X