Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.11 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    You can find it near the bottom of the Attenuation module of an audio clip! Simply check "Enable Occlusion" and set the values as desired!
    Thanks a lot, this is a really cool feature! I hope for more audio features
    Last edited by Eqric; 02-01-2016, 02:25 PM.

    Comment


      Is there any chance that bug JIRA [UE-20602] will get fixed in Version 4.11? It is impossible to morph a skeletal mesh that is a slave of another skeletal mesh.

      Comment


        Will this release contain the new walk animation features from Paragon ? in a easy way to setup and use ?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
          Is there any chance that bug JIRA [UE-20602] will get fixed in Version 4.11? It is impossible to morph a skeletal mesh that is a slave of another skeletal mesh.
          Hi Wallenstein,

          As of right now this is marked as "To Do" in our system and assigned to a developer. The pull request submitted by xulture is set for 4.11 from what I see. Until this has been resolved on the ticket I cannot guarantee that it will actually make it into 4.11 just yet.

          For any follow up or update you can comment on this AnswerHub ticket here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...hildren-1.html
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation
          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |
          _____________________________________________
          Follow me on Twitter @TimHobsonUE4 | My Personal Website
          Photons Be Free: Mini-Tutorials and other Curiosities

          Comment


            Is there any documentation how MaterialParameters have changed. I just noticed that some of my Custom nodes are broken.
            At least these are not working anymore:
            Code:
            Parameters.SVPosition.xy;
            View.SceneTextureMinMax;

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jenny Gore View Post
              Is there any documentation how MaterialParameters have changed. I just noticed that some of my Custom nodes are broken.
              At least these are not working anymore:
              Code:
              Parameters.SVPosition.xy;
              View.SceneTextureMinMax;
              Try SvPosition and Frame.SceneTextureMinMax

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ryan Vance View Post
                Try SvPosition and Frame.SceneTextureMinMax
                Frame.SceneTextureMinMax did the trick. SvPosition did not.

                Comment


                  Converted Refunct from 4.8.3 to 4.11 preview 4 and did some testing using shipped builds:

                  As you can see on the pictures performance seems slightly lower (bad), exposure slightly brighter (neutral), and SSR cone slightly bigger (good). Also TXAA is different but I am not sure if its better or worse yet.

                  4.8.3: http://i.imgur.com/HJyOpkz.jpg
                  4.11p4: http://i.imgur.com/lyfKLeW.jpg

                  Also there seems to be an issue with having a black screen when ALT+TAB back to game until moving the mouse and for this project when I am underwater (only in shipping build)
                  Last edited by dgrieshofer; 02-03-2016, 08:09 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
                    Hi w_jones,

                    Lightbuilds should be ~2x faster now using Intel's Embree method. I've not done any specific time comparisons myself, but you can test this yourself by going into the BaseLightmass.ini file in the Engine/Config folder. You can change the line `bUseEmbree=true` to false to use the older method.

                    This does not affect Intel or AMD cards specifically. Embree provides faster ray tracing then what we originally had implemented, which helps speeds up the light build process for calculations of your scene.
                    Wow, amazing. Any info how it handles overlapping UV's? Currently it increases render by an extreme amount. (I went from 4 hours to 30minutes by just fixing the biggest UVoverlaping object).

                    I know these overlaps should be fixed anyway, but it can be quite a while untill that happens in a project and it feels like it increases the time by an unnecesarry amount.

                    Hmm, maybe ill install the new preview this weekend and test it :P

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by dgrieshofer View Post
                      Converted Refunct from 4.8.3 to 4.11 preview 4 and did some testing using shipped builds:
                      there seems to be an issue with having a black screen when ALT+TAB back to game until moving the mouse and for this project when I am underwater (only in shipping build)
                      This isn't exclusive to 4.11. AFAIK it happens when you're inside some kind of postprocessing volume. I currently have the same issue on 4.10 when inside Elven Ruins' filmgrain volume.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by yesnsk View Post
                        Dear Team Epic Game! Thank you very much! You really made me very happy!
                        In previous versions of the engine UE4 I struggled unsuccessfully to resolve the problem of 1 sec. Particle animation limit.
                        you have finally decided the issue. Now you have made possible the long particle animation in Cascade Editor !!! Thank you! you make a truly useful improvements!
                        Holy heck finally!

                        Is this using the old bUseEmitterTime checkbox?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Talrosh View Post
                          Wow, amazing. Any info how it handles overlapping UV's? Currently it increases render by an extreme amount. (I went from 4 hours to 30minutes by just fixing the biggest UVoverlaping object).

                          I know these overlaps should be fixed anyway, but it can be quite a while untill that happens in a project and it feels like it increases the time by an unnecesarry amount.

                          Hmm, maybe ill install the new preview this weekend and test it :P
                          Aside from the speedup in the raytraces there should be no quality changes or anything different from the previous method.

                          This is not going to fix any overlapping UV errors you may have. The should still be handled by manually fixing the UV in your modeling application or using the Auto Generated Lightmap UVs from within the Build Settings of the Static Mesh Editor.

                          Overall you really shouldn't have to worry about Overlapping UVs when using the auto generated method if you've already got a good UV layout for your texture that has broken apart UV islands. The auto generated UVs will just repack/scale these UV islands so that they are not overlapping. It will not add any new seams or splits. Typically when I work on a scene with custom assets I will use the auto generated method, and then if needed I will go back and tweak that in my modeling application for the best results. Often times though, I will not have to adjust in a modeling program. Even if it's just a rough UV layout where you don't want overlapping UVs it may be OK to just do a flat mapping style lightmap UV if you intend to go back and fix these all later. Just some thoughts.
                          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                          UE4 Documentation
                          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |
                          _____________________________________________
                          Follow me on Twitter @TimHobsonUE4 | My Personal Website
                          Photons Be Free: Mini-Tutorials and other Curiosities

                          Comment




                            Hardware instancing indeed works good on Android & iOS and this is awesome! Thank you Epic
                            Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                            Comment


                              Any update on UE-16488? I am still (in latest 4.11 preview) getting a lot of warnings in my logs whenever I delete or change a blueprint structure.

                              See this answer hub for original issue: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...many-warn.html

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
                                Any update on UE-16488? I am still (in latest 4.11 preview) getting a lot of warnings in my logs whenever I delete or change a blueprint structure.

                                See this answer hub for original issue: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...many-warn.html
                                UE-16488 (Adding to Struct causes 'Inappropriate Outermost' warnings) was confirmed fixed a while ago with the 4.9 release. You may have identified a new issue. If you believe so, please log a new bug report for it on the Answerhub.

                                Thanks
                                Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                                Enterprise Program Coordinator

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X