This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Is Oculus Mobile/Audio SDK 1.x already made it into preview 4 ?
    Not yet. The Previews are still on 0.6.2 for Oculus Mobile. But if you have access to 1.0 from Oculus, you can already grab the integration from them.

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Is GLES 3.x (going to be) available in 4.11 out of the box (without a need to recompile engine) ?
    I don't have that information right now but I'll try to track it down soon.

Originally posted by aussieburger
    Any updates on UE-25738 ?
    This was just fixed in the 4.11 branch, but right after Preview 4. Look for it in the next Preview version.
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
      Any updates on UE-25738 ?

GearVR build fails with "Instanced Stereo" activated
      https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...activated.html

would love to see what performance gains one could get on the performance challenged gearvr!
      Hey aussieburger,

I wanted to take a sec and clarify this one, so that you're not caught offguard when you see that Instanced Stereo is not working on your device.

The fix is to allow the build to finish by disabling it for platforms that are no supported. Right now Instanced Stereo is only supported for SM5. This fix will automatically disable it for unsupported platforms and a warning in the shader compiler will inform you if it's being it is being disabled.

I hope this clarifies what the fix is for UE-25738.
      Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
      UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
        Hey aussieburger,

I wanted to take a sec and clarify this one, so that you're not caught offguard when you see that Instanced Stereo is not working on your device.

The fix is to allow the build to finish by disabling it for platforms that are no supported. Right now Instanced Stereo is only supported for SM5. This fix will automatically disable it for unsupported platforms and a warning in the shader compiler will inform you if it's being it is being disabled.

I hope this clarifies what the fix is for UE-25738.
        Ah ok thanks for the info - are there any plans to add support for GearVR in the future or is it just not going to be possible on mobile hardware?
        Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
          Ah ok thanks for the info - are there any plans to add support for GearVR in the future or is it just not going to be possible on mobile hardware?
          Hey aussieburger,

I would love to bring instanced stereo to mobile/GearVR and it's definitely something I'm looking into. The implementation isn't as straight forward due to mobile hardware feature support limitations. We're focusing on D3D11 SM5 for the PC and PS4 for 4.11 and will be looking at other platforms in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
            I had an answerhub thread about this but they don't seem to have any plans for this.

but I did have some interesting findings while messing with all the settings (even got to decent performance with thousands of trees and quite long view distances). so maybe I can help you.
            is the performance hit on the CPU or the GPU? what are your polycounts for every LOD?
            things to try:
            - Make sure your foliage is set to Static (not Movable)
            - for every Element of every LOD in your foliage meshes, uncheck 'Enable Collision'. you'll still get actor collisions but it will ignore decals and other per-poly checks. you can leave this enabled for the trunk section of LOD0 if you really need it.
            Thanks for the tip on foliage! Although it seems obvious after reading this, but I was stuck and my brain just couldn't find any solution for this foliage performance problem I'll try it soon.
            Swarm Agent and Lightmass Troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Wilson View Post
              Hey gameDNA studio-

Can you elaborate on what you're seeing? I created a code project from the 4.11 preview 4 from the Launcher which opened the project solution in VS2015. Which version of VS2015 are you using (Community, Express, Pro)? Are you using the preview from source code or from the Launcher? Are you creating a new project or adding code to an existing project?

Cheers

Doug Wilson
              1. Download source code from GitHub.
              2. Run Setup.bat
              3. Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
              4. And it generates VS2013 .sln file at this stage.

I'm using VS2015 Community.
              Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

If I remember correctly GenerateProjectFiles.bat needs to be ran with a -vs2015 flag.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                  If I remember correctly GenerateProjectFiles.bat needs to be ran with a -vs2015 flag.
                  Just "-2015" actually

Comment

Setting foliage to static is fine, but how do you handle grass ? You can't have lightmass light the grass becuase of the vast amount of memory that would consume, so currently my only option is to make grass dynamic, so that lightmass ignores grass.

I seam to remember a setting in UDK to make lightmass ignore an object which would be perfect, but I can't find in in U4.

Comment

Originally posted by w_jones View Post
                      Setting foliage to static is fine, but how do you handle grass ? You can't have lightmass light the grass becuase of the vast amount of memory that would consume, so currently my only option is to make grass dynamic, so that lightmass ignores grass.

I seam to remember a setting in UDK to make lightmass ignore an object which would be perfect, but I can't find in in U4.
                      Can't you set it to dynamic while baking and then set it to static afterwards? You'll get the warning to rebuild lightmaps, but that can be turned off.
                      http://www.pixelpirates.se/
                      Architectural and product visualisations

Comment

Originally posted by Frepp73 View Post
                        Can't you set it to dynamic while baking and then set it to static afterwards? You'll get the warning to rebuild lightmaps, but that can be turned off.
                        @Frepp73, its a workaround, but I'd still prefer the option for Lightmass to ignore static objects.

Comment

I love modeling my favorite characters
                          Last edited by The Speaker; 01-28-2016, 06:47 AM.
                          [I]SUPER "EARTH" PATRIOT

Class: Healer

AMBROSE ASYLUM

Comment

Hi,

Any update on UE-25066 (crash - when stereo panoramic movie capture plugin is enabled)

Comment

Originally posted by rubenst View Post
                              Just "-2015" actually
                              Yes, it was in 4.9 but in 4.10 VS2015 was set to default and in 4.11 as the same as 4.9
                              Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Originally posted by w_jones View Post

you can still have dynamic lighting with static objects, they don't need to be moveable
                                Follow me on Twitter!
                                Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                                Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Working...
                                X