Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damnit.. new problem. If i click the build button in unreal engine 4.11 it crashes the editor. Instantly.. with the whole send a report a bug message and all that... I tried twice so far... both times instant crash. Sucks. Was looking forward to kicking off a light build to try out this new light build stuff you guys mention is twice as fast... but so far no luck.

"Assertion failed: SubActorMesh->HLODTreeIndex == 0 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\StaticLightingSystem\StaticLightingSystem.cpp] [Line: 779]
    ERROR: HLODTreeIndex != 0 for '/Game/Maps/BathHouseResort_HLOD/Section_GuestRooms.Section_GuestRooms:PersistentLevel.FogSphere95.StaticMeshComponent0' while processing LOD actor 'LODActor_39'"

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
      Is the Realtime viewport on?
      Yeah real time is on

Comment

Can someone from Epic confirm if the following JIRA issues have been resolved?

UE-24280 - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ays-loade.html
        UE-24339 - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...er-the-ne.html
        UE-24505 - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...asynchron.html
        UE-24880 - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...oculus-ri.html

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
          When i converted my project to 4.11, something weird happened. Im guessing every material that samples a texture as linear color... has instead been turned to just "color" which causes me errors. I have to go back to all of them and manually switch it all back to linear color.
          I've tried to reproduce this in a blank project I converted from 4.10 to 4.11 Preview 2, but I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

If i click the build button in unreal engine 4.11 it crashes the editor. Instantly.. with the whole send a report a bug message and all that... I tried twice so far... both times instant crash. Sucks. Was looking forward to kicking off a light build to try out this new light build stuff you guys mention is twice as fast... but so far no luck.

"Assertion failed: SubActorMesh->HLODTreeIndex == 0 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\StaticLightingSystem\StaticLightingSystem.cpp] [Line: 779]
          ERROR: HLODTreeIndex != 0 for '/Game/Maps/BathHouseResort_HLOD/Section_GuestRooms.Section_GuestRooms:PersistentLevel.FogSphere95.StaticMeshComponent0' while processing LOD actor 'LODActor_39'"
          Can you post both of these issues on the AnswerHub and we'll look into them and see if we can reproduce on our end to get them reported?

Thank you!
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation

Comment

Hey guys! Just wanted to highlight this issue just in case it got missed over the weekend.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-resets.html

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
              Hey guys! Just wanted to highlight this issue just in case it got missed over the weekend.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-resets.html

Thanks!
              Hi NATO)_chrisjm,

Your issue has been assigned to one of the support staff to look into. Typically the support staff are not here on weekends, but rest assured it has been assigned and will be looked into soon. We'll post more informtion on the AnswerHub post once we've reported the issue or if we need more information to proceed.

Thank you!

Tim
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

Thanks! It seemed like a really horrible bug so I wanted to make sure you guys knew about it asap

Comment

Just tested the "Instanced Stereo" VR setting under Rendering project settings exporting to Android (ES2 -> development) and I see the following build failed error message:

Code:
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.02.43:276][  0]LogTargetPlatformManager:Display: Building Assets For Android_ETC2
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:418][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: 4 Shader compiler errors compiling WorldGridMaterial for platform GLSL_ES2:
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<false>, VF FParticleSpriteVertexFactory:
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: 'View' undeclared
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: 
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<false>, VF FParticleSpriteVertexFactory:
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<true>, VF FLocalVertexFactory:
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: 'View' undeclared
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<true>, VF FLocalVertexFactory:
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    Common.usf(894): warning: implicit truncation from 'vec3' to 'vec2'
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): error: 'View' undeclared
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:420][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): error: 'View' undeclared
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:420][  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:421][  0]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:941][  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: begin: stack for UAT
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:941][  0]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 1539] 
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Failed to compile default material /Engine/EngineMaterials/WorldGridMaterial.WorldGridMaterial!
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:941][  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: end: stack for UAT
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 205.9321742s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Cook failed. ---> AutomationTool.AutomationException: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for U:\UnrealEngine\MyProjects\stereoinst411test\stereoinst411test.uproject; see log C:\Users\aussieburger\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\U+UnrealEngine+Epic+Games+4.11\Cook-2016.01.18-18.06.06.txt
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Domain_ProcessExit
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): copying UAT log files...
                  MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BUILD FAILED
                  PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

known issue? This was testing with a totally blank new project with just a few spheres in it.
                  EDIT: I should mention it's exported for GearVR
                  Last edited by aussieburger; 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM.
                  Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

The Oculus audio plugin or sound sources using it make the editor crash, when exiting play in editor.

Comment

after install 10.11 previev1(2) in my vehicle BP when i press compile button- editor go crash (without feedback/report window), also my vehicle start lag when i drive it

Comment

Is there a way to get custom actor properties to properly show up as usable in Sequencer? Absolutely none of our custom actor or component properties show up. They are all exposed for BP and usable there, but not working in the new Sequencer.

I hope this is supported with documentation coming later? If it isn't supported, well um please do? This is rather important

EDIT:

Adding "Interp" to the UPROPERTY defintion will make the property show up in Sequencer, but selecting the property will not create a track. Still digging.

FURTHER EDIT:

Interp does work on some properties. It appears that Sequencer supports floats, but not ints? I haven't tried other data types yet.

Ok so it appears that Sequencer has built in support for the following property types: bool, byte, color, float, and vector. *Presumably* you can code up support for other types, but I am still trying to figure out how that would work. On the one hand I can udnerstand the lack of support for an int type since interpolation isn't as cut and dry, but it is doable and something we need so I will be digging into this some more.
                        Last edited by John Vanderbeck; 01-18-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                          I just noticed that using a "Material Instance" type also causes the editor to crash....
                          Bummer. If this remains, I simply cannot use 4.11.

Comment

Originally posted by spyro View Post
                            Bummer. If this remains, I simply cannot use 4.11.
                            Hi Spyro and KVogler,

Was this reported on AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section? I just did a quick test by creating a material instance and I'm not seeing a crash on my end. Any repro steps, call stack, logs, or other details to recreate this would be helpful to make sure this gets addressed.

Thank you!

Tim
                            UE4 Documentation

Comment

Was this reported on AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section? I just did a quick test by creating a material instance and I'm not seeing a crash on my end. Any repro steps, call stack, logs, or other details to recreate this would be helpful to make sure this gets addressed.
                              I havent reported it to AnswerHub as I thought it might be covered by the open ticket already...

Here is a short demonstration of the effect. I can reliably reproduce this behavior.
                              At first glance I was able to sort of create a material instance struct member as well, but then again not. The error is somewhat peculiar.
                              I made a short video demonstrating the issue (before writing a whole wall of text).

https://youtu.be/RxOEalRxuyk

It shows you a couple of crashes. Sometimes when the member is added, sometimes when a value is assigned. sometimes just by closing and reopening the struct editor panel.

If you need any more info (like the project files, etc.) let me know

Thanks for looking into this.
                              Cheers,
                              Klaus
                              Last edited by KVogler; 01-18-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

i have the same problem with struct like a write few post ago. Seems very evident and easy to reproduce despite seems being random.
                                pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

Working...
                                X