Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works for me but I can't open a project I created in p1, I've submitted the crash log

Comment

Not sure if I passed the answer or if it has been but has the issue with Substance plugin been fixed with or with out the source? When I tried to use the source plugin from 4.10 with 4.11 P1 it would halt on compiling once it hit the Substance Plugin and in past versions I had no issues. Would love to test it out though a lot of the assets for our project use Substance based mats :\
      Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
      Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
      FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
      Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
      Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
      LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
        Hey everyone,

We appreciate the eagerness to test the new shaders, and we understand that the information currently available during this preview isn't sufficient to really jump in and get started with them. Our developers are still working on creating the basic documentation for these to have in time for the final 4.11 release, and at this time, nothing is ready to share. The good news is that around the time of release, we plan on sharing meshes, textures, and materials so that everything is readily accessible.

If I am able to get my hands on some of the work-in-progress documentation, I'll share what I can here. But otherwise, we understand and accept that these shaders may not be getting full community-attention during the Preview.

Cheers
        Looking forward to it. Thanks guys.

Comment

Out of curiosity, will it be possible to hot-reload plugins in 4.11?

Cheers,
          Alex

Comment

Is it normal that everytime I save a project/asset in the editor the right mouse make my camera move towards the top? It's kinda funny and annoying at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikos View Post
              Is it normal that everytime I save a project/asset in the editor the right mouse make my camera move towards the top? It's kinda funny and annoying at the same time.
              Hi Ikos,

I did a quick test with this, but I'm not sure I follow what you mean exactly. Can you please make a post on the AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section with detailed information on how to reproduce this and possibly with a screenshot of before and after what happens with the camera?

Thank you!

Tim
              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

Anyone tested with AMD card and is it running fine with dynamic lights on viewport?

Maybe reproducible by 1: creating new project 2: New map with some assets 3: set light to dynamic 4: set Num dynamic shadow cascades to 4 5: it should start to slow down like weird shuttering.

R9 270, last year it functioned much better even when dynamic shadows quality was set to 4. If anyone has AMD cards please try this scenario.
                Last edited by AE_3DFX; 01-15-2016, 01:18 PM.
                tox.chat - Skype alternative
                blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

@ epic team , can you tell me pls if this pull request get taking care of this update or still (Allow Android to act as server with OnlineSubsystemNull)"https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1820/files"

thanks.

Comment

I'm on Windows 8 64 and I do not see an option to load 4.11 in the Library. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
                      Hi Ikos,

I did a quick test with this, but I'm not sure I follow what you mean exactly. Can you please make a post on the AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section with detailed information on how to reproduce this and possibly with a screenshot of before and after what happens with the camera?

Thank you!

Tim
                      I tried to explain it better here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...projectas.html

Hope it helps.

Comment

Does the Event Track work in the new animation sequencer? I can not seem to do anything other than set an Event key. It does not show up in the blueprints.

Comment

Originally posted by jayroth View Post
                          I'm on Windows 8 64 and I do not see an option to load 4.11 in the Library. What am I missing?
                          I restarted and it became available.

Comment

Originally posted by mhnoni View Post
                            @ epic team , can you tell me pls if this pull request get taking care of this update or still (Allow Android to act as server with OnlineSubsystemNull)"https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1820/files"

thanks.
                            Hi mhnoni,

This pull request is still under review. Unfortunately we have already passed feature lock for 4.11, so it is unlikely that any more pull requests will make it into 4.11 unless they are absolutely critical.

Tim
                            Engine Support Technician

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                              Hey everyone,

We appreciate the eagerness to test the new shaders, and we understand that the information currently available during this preview isn't sufficient to really jump in and get started with them. Our developers are still working on creating the basic documentation for these to have in time for the final 4.11 release, and at this time, nothing is ready to share. The good news is that around the time of release, we plan on sharing meshes, textures, and materials so that everything is readily accessible.

If I am able to get my hands on some of the work-in-progress documentation, I'll share what I can here. But otherwise, we understand and accept that these shaders may not be getting full community-attention during the Preview.

Cheers
                              Sounds great! I would say just a screenshot of the material setup for now would hold plenty of us over until full release, but if there's specific things that the documentation has to cover in order to get some of the stuff in those materials working correctly, it does seem best to wait until that's ready. Thanks for the update!

Comment

What I wonder is why the preview builds are in the release branch on github if they aren't stable (at least not stable enough to ratify people using it in production) or contain some crucial fixes like some have reported here.
                                The release branch is extensively tested by our QA team and makes a great starting point for learning the engine or making your own games. We work hard to make releases stable and reliable
                                I'd probably go with a separate preview branch to avoid that people keeping their games on the presuming stable release branch (in order to keep it on the most recent version, not bothering with different major engine versions) to be welcomed with a preview that might breaks things (and given the issue that assets can't be downgraded once upgraded to a newer version, only trough replacing the files with backup files which is very annoying).

Comment

Working...
                                X