Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already asked on the AnswerHub https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-for-tvos.html, but since there was no response I'll try it here I can't get a build & deployment through for tvOS. On OSX I get a "No platform found error". On Windows I'm actually able to build, but the deployment fails. Don't know if it's me that's too dumb or there's something wrong with Preview1 - any hints?

Comment

Originally posted by Illusionray View Post
      I don`t get it. So many people ask how to use those materials so why can`t someone take 3 screenshots for each shading model and put it on the forum? You are writing longer post than making a simple screenshots. We dont need any text Those images will tell us more than enough. Is it locked somewhere deep inside Epic building so no one can have access to it? It would bet that it would took like 5 minutes for just one employee to help a bunch of people here. Seriosuly, just 3 pictures, nothing more. And please don`t provide the link to the Youtube, it will take you the same ammount of time to give as a high res (and without any cropping) JPGs.
      +1

Comment

• New physically based shading model for realistic hair based on the latest research from film. It models 2 specular lobes, transmission, and scattering.
        • New physically based shading model for eyes.
        • New physically based shading model for cloth. This combines the standard shading model with a layer of velvet fibers. This layer simulates fuzz and fabrics.
        Intersting; this is something I have to see.
        | Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

So when will we finally have spline-based audio support like we did in UDK? Will we ever get the Wwise Integration Plugin so we don't have to manually build source and integrate Wwise over the course of an entire day?

Comment

I don't quite get the landscape new features,

does it means that I can now directly paint by using different materials instead of having to create a unique one with multiple layers?

Comment

This is awesome! Thank you so much Epic staff for your hard work on UE4!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxiHori View Post
                I don't quite get the landscape new features,

does it means that I can now directly paint by using different materials instead of having to create a unique one with multiple layers?
                As far as I understand it, it will just allow you to select a set of layers of a single material for every component (one material shared between all components). I think each component can have up to 4 different layers active but currently, the layers are selected "automatically" when you paint the terrain.

Comment

Is there any information on how to use Sequencer? This is the main reason we are looking to move from 4.9 to 4.11 but when I open the window I just get a blank window and can't figure out how to use it

EDIT: Ok so the window is accessible without doing anything, but Sequencer itself isn't usable until you go into Plugins and activate it. bit confusing there

Basically to get up and running with Sequencer:
                  1. Go into Plugins and enable the Level Sequencer plugin
                  2. In the toolbar click Cinematics (same button where Matinee is) and then New Level Sequence
                  Last edited by John Vanderbeck; 01-07-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Still haven't seen any mention of how the VR Stereo Layers (layers, not instancing) feature works. Would love some insight into that. Thanks!

Comment

Having an issue with Skeletal Meshes.

The cube on the left is correct, and is a static mesh. The one on the right is the same mesh imported as skeletal. Notice all the dark splotches? They persist when I disable shadows as well!

Whats going on here? Sort of likes like the skeletal mesh has some smoothing or something applied (although the angles are 90 degrees). It is only like this for newly imported skeletal meshes, but the ones I imported before 4.11 look correct.

EDIT: It turns out it's a problem with the normals. Switching it from MikkTSpace to BuiltIn fixes the issue.
                      Last edited by Pumpy Bird; 01-08-2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpy Bird View Post
                        Having an issue with Skeletal Meshes.

The cube on the left is correct, and is a static mesh. The one on the right is the same mesh imported as skeletal. Notice all the dark splotches? They persist when I disable shadows as well!

Whats going on here? Sort of likes like the skeletal mesh has some smoothing or something applied (although the angles are 90 degrees). It is only like this for newly imported skeletal meshes, but the ones I imported before 4.11 look correct.
                        Try reimporting with 'Merge Overlapping Vertices' off. It has to do with the way sharp edges are rendered; in essence, every sharp edge is two duplicate edges connected to two different groups of faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Axtel Sturnclaw View Post
                          Try reimporting with 'Merge Overlapping Vertices' off. It has to do with the way sharp edges are rendered; in essence, every sharp edge is two duplicate edges connected to two different groups of faces.
                          For whatever reason that doesn't help. I believe the MikkTSpace normal computation has changed in some way.

Comment

The issue here is definitely as Axtel Sturnclaw pointed out -- Unreal has merged overlapping vertices. If you re-import with Merge Overlapping Vertices off, and it still happens, try assigning different smoothing groups to each face; and ensure that no 'Vertex Welding' is selected in FBX export. (or some 'Auto Smoothing')
                            • Follow me on twitter
                            • Visit our website traverse.world
                            • Checkout our game's forum thread

Comment

Its some kind of bug, even with proper smoothing groups and all that no combination of settings preserve the overlapping verts besides the one I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                                Hey everyone,

For those interested in the new shading models, some information has been provided in our Twitch stream discussing how they were used for Epic's Paragon characters:

Unreal Engine Livestream - Tech & Techniques Behind Creating the Characters for Paragon

Cheers
                                Hi, is there a way you can get them to release screenshots of the materials used for the new hair, eye, cloth shader models from the video link you provided? You can't see the materials clearly in the video.

Are the UE4 devs not sharing the material info for some particular reason since 4.11 is not officially out yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X