Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Module Unloading problem is still occurring for me even in a binary version of the engine now. Something is very screwed up here..

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
      The Module Unloading problem is still occurring for me even in a binary version of the engine now. Something is very screwed up here..
      I had the same issue, different module, same error. i did a Clean followed by a Build (completely rebuild engine from scratch) and it then allowed me to start the editor successfully.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Will the use of Embree have a impact on those of us who use AMD Video Cards / CPUs?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
          Will the use of Embree have a impact on those of us who use AMD Video Cards / CPUs?
          There is no impact on use of different cards/CPUs. This is just replacing the original method of gathering traces for light calculations. The fact that the library was developed by Intel has no bearing on the CPU that is used.

Light builds are now 2x faster in some cases and that's just awesome!
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            I had the same issue, different module, same error. i did a Clean followed by a Build (completely rebuild engine from scratch) and it then allowed me to start the editor successfully.
            Thanks, I did that too eventually but still didn't help me Are you downloading the engine via the Zip from GitHub or via a Git client of some kind? I'm using Source Tree to download it. Done it twice now, both times to no avail.

The editor itself seems to start, I can create new projects just fine. It's only when I try to load my game with it that the module unloads itself during startup - but still makes no sense. I find it odd that both the Launcher and the Source version do it to me.

Comment

Will Decals be supported in instanced stereo rendering mode? Looks like right now decals and also some masked gpu particle systems are only rendering in 1 eye. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
                There is no impact on use of different cards/CPUs. This is just replacing the original method of gathering traces for light calculations. The fact that the library was developed by Intel has no bearing on the CPU that is used.

Light builds are now 2x faster in some cases and that's just awesome!
                Thanks for the info.

This has been a major concern of mine. Thank you for putting it to rest

Comment

Originally posted by Antares View Post
                  Does someone know how to enable metal rendering on my mac ? Is there the experimental option in the editor settings ? Thanks
                  I would be interested to hear more on this, as well. I haven't had a chance to download the preview on my Mac as of yet. Is this enabled by default and is there a performance boost?

Comment

+1

I also would love to know how to enable Metal at Mac OS in order to check the performance boost it brings!

Comment

It does seem pretty quick on MacOS now, I only had a few minutes with it but it was much smoother, its enabled by default (Metal). Can't wait to get some more time to play over the next couple of weeks - currently trying to hit Alpha on a Unity project though

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                        Bug: Terrible strobing in anim viewer / scene with a few objects

Able to reproduce?: Yup. Clean project will cause it.

GPU: GTX 970

Has this happened in any previous engine: Nope.
                        Please post this as an AnswerHub entry under Bug Reports and include step by step repro steps and a screenshot of the issue. Also, please include a link to the AnswerHub post here.

So far I have not been able to reproduce this following these steps: In UE4, in a new Third Person Blueprint project, I tried to reproduce the issue by 1) Playing in editor, 2) previewing all default anim sequences in Persona and 3) scrolling over the miniature preview animations available when selecting animations for a Blendspace.

*Note, I just updated my drivers last week so please make sure your drivers are up to date. -Thanks

Comment

Sweet, really excited that OSX is getting a Metal renderer. Obviously it's never going to be ideal, but I'd love to be able to use my 13-inch Macbook Pro as a portable dev machine - currently the framerates on Intel Iris are just a bit below playable, but I'm crossing my fingers that the Metal renderer will push it into comfortable territories.
                          Last edited by Beaucephal; 12-30-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Glad the layout is fixed! Cant wait for a stable release (some blueprints crash in 4.11p1 but not 4.10.1 upon compile)
                            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                              Glad the layout is fixed! Cant wait for a stable release (some blueprints crash in 4.11p1 but not 4.10.1 upon compile)
                              Hi Nsomnia,

Can you make sure to post your crashes to AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section, if they are not already? Once done we can get those assigned out to our team to investigate as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

Tim
                              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                              UE4 Documentation

Comment

I'm not really seeing any tangible performance increase with the Metal renderer on my Iris 6100. I'm guessing this is probably not really Epic's problem, but similar to the lack of performance gains seen on IGPUs under DirectX12. So, that's a little disappointing I guess, but probably to be expected. It's a real shame Intel can't just come up with an IGPU solution that doesn't completely suck, haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X