Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, I've been waiting for the visual studio 2015 move.

Thanks for the great work!
    Abatron Development Thread
    www.abatrongame.com
    Steam Store

Comment

When building for Android/GearVR, i get the following error. Android SDK was updated to the latest version with the SDK manager.

Code:
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: BUILD FAILED
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: D:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:716: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: D:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:730: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: 
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Total time: 6 seconds
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "D:/NVPACK/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat" debug
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 82,0144055s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationUtils.Automation: Command failed (Result:5): D:\Development\UE4\Unreal Engine\4.10\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe GearVRGame Android Development  "D:\Development\Neuer Ordner\GearVRGame\GearVRGame.uproject"  -noxge -rocket -NoHotReloadFromIDE -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2015.10.14-19.07.48.txt' 
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Stacktrace:    bei AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog(String App, String CommandLine, String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, String Input, ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT(CommandEnvironment Env, String UBTExecutable, String CommandLine, String LogName, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.UE4Build.BuildWithUBT(String ProjectName, String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String Config, String UprojectPath, Boolean ForceMonolithic, Boolean ForceNonUnity, Boolean ForceDebugInfo, Boolean ForceFlushMac, Boolean DisableXGE, String InAddArgs, Boolean ForceUnity, Di
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ctionary`2 EnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei BuildCommand.Execute()
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.Main()
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Domain_ProcessExit
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): copying UAT log files...
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BUILD FAILED
      PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error
      Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Comment

Sequencer preview? I'm there!
        Animator/Filmmaker, Unreal Tournament Community Developer.

My UT Contributor blog | YewTewb: http://youtube.com/voxhousestudio | Twitter: http://twitter.com/henrikryosa

Comment

While attempting to build a level with landscape in 4.10 with the 3rd person blueprint template, I got this message

UnrealLightmass.exe - system error
          The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
          Last edited by Demolition Man; 10-14-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Hey HEGI,

Please submit an AnswerHub with the full logs attached as a .txt file and we will be more than happy to assist you further with this build failure.

Thanks!
            Twitter @UnrealSamantha
            Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
              While attempting to build a level with landscape in 4.10 with the 3rd person blueprint template, I got this message

UnrealLightmass.exe - system error
              The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
              Hi Demolition Man,

Do you have Visual Studio 2015 installed? The VS 2015 Redistributes are required for Lightmass building in 4.10. Please update to VS 2015 or install the 2015 Redistribute (located below) and let me know if this fixes the error you are seeing. If not, please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature) so I can assist you more in depth.

Edit: The specific Redistribute needed can be found here if you do not have VS 2015 installed. If you have 2015 installed, do not install this redistribute.
              Last edited by Adam Davis; 10-14-2015, 02:43 PM.
              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

I do think that it is great, but I hate to see that 4.10 preview is being introduced so soon when there are tons of bugs that I have reported since 4.8 that still aren't fixed in hotfixes
                Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                  I do think that it is great, but I hate to see that 4.10 preview is being introduced so soon when there are tons of bugs that I have reported since 4.8 that still aren't fixed in hotfixes
                  I hope they release a bit more hotfixes for 4.10 so that it will get more and quite stable until it's 4.10.20 and no more bug remaining

They said

Our goal is for 4.10 to prove to be a very stable release for everyone to develop on.
                  And that will surely not be the case with 4.10.0 because as you said there are still a lot of bugs so I hope for a lot of hotfixes
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

When Microsoft will release a integration plugin for VS2015 like they did for Unity?

Looking towards the future, Epic Games and Microsoft are working together closely to ensure full compatibility with Visual Studio 2015 in later releases of the engine. Visual Studio 2015 is expected to release some time later this year. Watch for upcoming announcements surrounding the support of this anticipated update.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/vi...nreal-engine-4
                    Last edited by Syntopia; 10-14-2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

nice decision focus that version on bug fixes!
                      pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

I have to install visual studio 2015 now? Is there a reason for that change? Don't like it.

Comment

Great, 4.10 is a good number for a rock-solid stable release

Blueprint Node Alignment Routines. A comprehensive set of layout routines for fast organization of blueprint graphs.
                          Is there any more information about this? Like how does it work, etc.?

@sarfios Here, some info from previous posts:
                          Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                          The VS 2015 Redistributes are required for Lightmass building in 4.10. Please update to VS 2015 or install the 2015 Redistribute (located below) and let me know if this fixes the error you are seeing. If not, please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature) so I can assist you more in depth.

Edit: The specific Redistribute needed can be found here if you do not have VS 2015 installed. If you have 2015 installed, do not install this redistribute.
                          Last edited by Slavq; 10-14-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Is 4.10 preview loading very slow for someone else too? Getting ~2x loadtime. Thought my 16gb ram just wasnt enough (was constantly reaching full memory use), but now after installing win10 (and getting 24gb) its still very slow to load. I have 12000 actors, around 1-2million foliage meshes and 2x2km^2 map. Just to compare. Else superb engine and nice to see so many updates, cant stop being over excited.
                            Last edited by SaOk; 10-14-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

UE-21958 Slate/UMG: Update Checkbox, Slider, ComboBox to work with controller
                              Nice. I had to workaround this by getting all the child widgets and checking for widget class type so I could set the checkbox states manually. Good to know I can remove that now
                              If you see Scaleform give it a hug from me !
                              http://www.f00n.com/unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                                Great, 4.10 is a good number for a rock-solid stable release

Is there any more information about this? Like how does it work, etc.?

@sarfios Here, some info from previous posts:
                                Thanks, hope won't get its way on my C SSD, because no space there :P

Comment

Working...
                                X