This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
    Is there any news on whether gpu particles is supported on ios metal in 4.10 since it was said to be supported since 4.7...Thanks !!!
    Epic said in this thread that 4.10 is not using metal so that should have answered your question, why do you keep repeating it?
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
      Just use Git. It's in the name.
      Just wanted to make sure you realize that Github has supported subversion clients for a while now: https://help.github.com/articles/sup...rsion-clients/

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        Epic said in this thread that 4.10 is not using metal so that should have answered your question, why do you keep repeating it?
        It's called being passive-aggressive.
        Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Isn't that what the new mac OSX uses now? I guess if I was a mac user and that was the case, it would be pretty **** important for the game engine to support the graphics system the OS uses... or maybe not.
          Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
            Isn't that what the new mac OSX uses now? I guess if I was a mac user and that was the case, it would be pretty **** important for the game engine to support the graphics system the OS uses... or maybe not.
            Important enough to repeat the question 6 or so times?

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
              2016 is the year of Virtual reality... in terms of market growth, Unreal Engine has a critical role to play.
              Why investing time now to support Metal wheras ios is still losing market share???
              It would be a major error ... and I guess the dev and research teams are way more concerned by Vulkan and Dirext X12 than Metal.

CG and computational photography researcher working for fun on a new VR project

Comment

Did they fix 100% ue4 crashing when turn speed tree asset into destructible mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky3 View Post
                  2016 is the year of Virtual reality...
                  Just what the world needs, more fake reality. LOL.
                  Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Directx12 in 4.10 finally?

Comment

+1 That would be a great feature

regarding Directx12
                      Last edited by SentientBot; 11-09-2015, 06:45 PM. Reason: regarding Directx12

Comment

DX12 was in 4.9 already. But DX12 is mostly bringing more control to the engine developers so that they can optimize some stuff, so I'm not sure why people make it such a big deal.
                        Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

If one would be upgrading from an earlier version, let's say 4.7 to 4.10, would it be better to go straight from 4.7 to 4.10 or 4.7-8-9-10?

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                            DX12 was in 4.9 already. But DX12 is mostly bringing more control to the engine developers so that they can optimize some stuff, so I'm not sure why people make it such a big deal.
                            Don't talk nonsense. I meant a full stable and ready DX12, and not an early first iteration of it. Probably in 4.11 then

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
                              Did they fix 100% ue4 crashing when turn speed tree asset into destructible mesh?
                              Hi OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore,

Assuming you're speaking about the issue reported with UE-3687. This is currently backlogged.

While the editor should not crash in situations like this, unfortunately,SpeedTree assets are not designed to be used with the destrucitble mesh editor. Due to their complexity and open faces this makes use of them as destructibles prone to a number of errors.

For limitations and general use questions regarding destructibles you can have a look at the Wiki Troubleshooting Guide for Destructibles that I wrote a little while back. https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Destru...de#Limitations

Thank you!

Tim
                              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                              UE4 Documentation
                              Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

+2 For dx12 !

Comment

Working...
                                X