Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.10 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by BPANDREW View Post
    on android - 4.10 preview 2 still crashes on my samsung tab 4 - i see the splash screen tho, but then black screen sm_t230nu - ive reported the logs on this before https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post266001
    log file - it crashes out after the new splash image is shown - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i...ew?usp=sharing

    Here is the logs from my samsung device - i tested again on 4.10 p4. I have multiple users emailing me a few times a week asking when my android game will work on their device.. what do i tell them? I was saying "maybe unreal 4.10" but its not looking good.
    ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

    Comment


      I just want to know whether gpu particles is supported on ios metal in 4.10 since it was said to be supported since 4.7...Thanks

      Comment


        Originally posted by tas View Post
        is anyone getting editor crash when opening any UMG widget ?
        I get Assertion failed: IsValid() File:\BuildFarm...... Already reported to AnswerHub, just wondering if anyone else is getting that.
        Clean project, create UMG widget, open it -> crash ?
        4.10.p4
        Just converted a 4.9 project to 4.10p4 and I can open several UMG widgets as well as create a new one add a few components, save the project and reload without it crashing. :/ .. sorry mate no idea what going on for you.
        Just tested this on my laptop with the following specs: Win10, 970m, 16gb, i7 4720HQ.

        Comment


          Originally posted by its_manny View Post
          EDIT: unfortunately it doesn't build. After running Setup.command successfully it fails during the generation of the xcode workspace. This was tested with a fresh clone from github/master.
          Weird. Try this from the terminal:

          Code:
          cd /UnrealEngine-master
          ./Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/Build.sh UnrealCEFSubProcess Mac Development
          Then run GenerateProjectFiles.command again. And please use AnswerHub for any further issues you have. This thread is hardly a place for tech support. Thanks!

          Comment


            Are there any news on this bug entries refering to DX12? UE-21075 and UE-20622

            EDIT: Nevermind, got an answer already. Thnx.
            Last edited by Bariudol; 11-04-2015, 02:20 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by BPANDREW View Post
              log file - it crashes out after the new splash image is shown - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i...ew?usp=sharing

              Here is the logs from my samsung device - i tested again on 4.10 p4. I have multiple users emailing me a few times a week asking when my android game will work on their device.. what do i tell them? I was saying "maybe unreal 4.10" but its not looking good.
              Hey BPANDREW,

              Could you please provide us the full log, not just the UE4 log so that we can investigate further into the crash you're experiencing? Please upload it as a .txt format, or in a link like before on a newly created question on AnswerHub so we can further assist you.

              Thanks!
              Last edited by Samantha Sutton; 11-04-2015, 03:36 PM.
              Twitter @UnrealSamantha
              Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
              Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

              Comment


                Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                Fixed! UE-22784 4.10 - Engine doesn't compile with VS 2015 Update 1 RC installed
                https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...fa7b58589b465b

                I saw this commit in github (4.10) but i'm still encountering issues with visual studio 2015 update 1 RC (latest 4.10 source from today 11/4).


                Click image for larger version

Name:	vs2015u1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1092592
                Last edited by KRushin; 11-04-2015, 04:22 PM.
                Twitter - @TheKRushin

                Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

                How to report a Bug

                Comment


                  This build seems much more robust for large tiled world landscapes. I have imported a map that is 3600 sq km and it is much easier to navigate, this is going to be an excellent build for my prealpha levels!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ajbombadill View Post
                    This build seems much more robust for large tiled world landscapes. I have imported a map that is 3600 sq km and it is much easier to navigate, this is going to be an excellent build for my prealpha levels!
                    I'd love to hear what if anything was changed in this regard.

                    Comment


                      Is there any news on whether gpu particles is supported on ios metal in 4.10 since it was said to be supported since 4.7...Thanks

                      Comment


                        when will this bug be fixed:
                        'space launch' and immovable stationary cars
                        UE-21990
                        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

                        Comment


                          Is there any news on whether gpu particles is supported on ios metal in 4.10 since it was said to be supported since 4.7...Thanks

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Samantha Sutton View Post
                            Hey BPANDREW,

                            Could you please provide us the full log, not just the UE4 log so that we can investigate further into the crash you're experiencing? Please upload it as a .txt format, or in a link like before on a newly created question on AnswerHub so we can further assist you.

                            Thanks!
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i...ew?usp=sharing

                            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ung-tab-4.html
                            ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

                            Comment


                              Status of UE4 (UE-16478)?????

                              Is pretty important this one is fixed.
                              Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by arbopa View Post
                                Status of UE4 (UE-16478)?????

                                Is pretty important this one is fixed.
                                Hi arbopa,

                                Unfortunately at this time our resources are dedicated elsewhere. I have edited the bug report to show that additional developers are affected by this.
                                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X