This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jldevoy View Post
    That's what i said, 4.10 fixes the the issue but its currently unusable for actual development.
    Which is why it's always better to wait for the stable full release (or go to the last full release) before using it for actual development
    ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
      Which is why it's always better to wait for the stable full release (or go to the last full release) before using it for actual development
      Once a software has reached stable release (no longer preview, beta etc), hot releases have to be compatible with each other ie plugin can be used without recompilation, the software behavior remain unchanged, files saved are readable across the hot releases and etc. All these are done with all bugs fixes. That is why (I think) there are bugs which cannot be fixed in the hot fixes, they are meant for next major release.

While in preview releases, the software are free to change the abi (application binary interfaces) rendering plugins probably not usable across preview releases. Bug fixes can also mean files saved in previous preview not usable in the current preview release. Ok I think by now, you get the drift..

Comment

Just checked Sequencer for cutscenes. Is it still not possible to blend between animations directly in Sequencer? Also it seems that I can't access Animation Blueprint (used this often in Matinee regardless that it shows animation only in game).

Comment

Any theoretical ETA on the release?
          How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 4 for 4.10! Please view the Known Issues List on page 1 of this thread for the updated list of known issues.

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.10 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 4 - CL 2749536

Fixed! UE-22674 Android from Mac crashes on start; missing "libvrapi.so"
            Fixed! UE-22717 Packaged project to Android from Mac crashes after splash screen
            Fixed! UE-22672 Analytics code does not flush events on shutdown when there is no active session
            Fixed! UE-22744 Disabling the oculus rift plugin but no the Oculus input or Oculus Library will cause a crash
            Fixed! UE-19143 Crash when using VR Preview
            Fixed! UE-22784 4.10 - Engine doesn't compile with VS 2015 Update 1 RC installed
            Fixed! UE-22638 android:installLocation is not added to Android Manifest.xml
            Fixed! UE-22637 GearVR_APL.xml "argb2" should be "arg2"
            Fixed! UE-22452 Xbox One: Textures appear black before streaming in
            Fixed! UE-22469 Converting 4.9 C++ projects fail to compile in 4.10 - User is not informed they need VS2015
            Fixed! UE-22682 Crash when streaming package loads something in PostLoad
            Fixed! UE-21718 Autokey doesn't work when setting key values from a component's transform.
            Fixed! UE-22724 Crash applying instance changes to blueprint with one in the undo buffer
            Fixed! UE-22768 Boolean compares in AndroidPluginLanguage on Mono are wrong
            Fixed! UE-22574 HTML5: Amazon S3 for HTML5 does not auto generate a shareable link of the packaged project
            Fixed! UE-22167 Application crashes when blueprint contains a copied timeline
            Fixed! UE-22745 BaseDevicesProfile.ini has incorrect console variable settings for iPhone Device Profiles
            Fixed! UE-22092 Major texture artifacts packaging from Mac to Android ETC2
            Fixed! UE-22664 KiteDemo has Map Checks and Load Errors during Windows Launch
            Fixed! UE-22327 SideScroller Code project has Failed import for CameraComponent load error
            Fixed! UE-22640 Decals crash and rendering issues on Nexus 5 on Android 4.4.4
            Fixed! UE-22097 Windows: PlatformerGame camera zooms out infinitely after cut scene

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find to the UE4 Answerhub
            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Nice, don't really see preview 4 on GitHub though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa Angeline View Post
                Just installed the 4.10 Preview 3 in El Capitan and it works fine, really nice update and really looks faster than the previous version.

Is the 4.10 version using Metal already??

Kind Regards.
                No, you'll have to wait for 4.11 for that or use master branch from GitHub till then.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Trepka View Post
                  No, you'll have to wait for 4.11 for that or use master branch from GitHub till then.
                  Awesome! Finally a definitive answer on the release version.

Can you provide some specifics on how to enable Metal with the master branch? I'd love to give that a try, I've been waiting for Metal quite some time.

Comment

Yay! New toys
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by its_manny View Post
                      Awesome! Finally a definitive answer on the release version.

Can you provide some specifics on how to enable Metal with the master branch? I'd love to give that a try, I've been waiting for Metal quite some time.
                      Just build the ShaderCompileWorker and the editor with Xcode 7.x and run on OS X 10.11. Metal is the default renderer in the master branch. You can use -opengl if you want to run in OpenGL mode.

Please remember that it's still in development and we haven't tested it heavily on a wide range of Macs yet, so there's no guarantee it'll work fully OK and fast on your GPU. If you give it a try, though, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Neato guys, this is getting better all the time!

Let's play "what known issues potentially affect you the most"!

Tier 1 (Critical):
                        1. UE-21305 Distance field shadows cull objects in front of the near plane incorrectly
                        2. UE-22471 Crash when attempting to PIE after undoing deletion of a component
                        3. UE-22632 Building the Engine using Visual Studio 2015 can fail if Windows Driver Kit is installed.
                        4. UE-22391 Particles are not showing up in P.I.E.
                        5. UE-22245 Editor Crashes When a Component and Actor Implement Two Interfaces
                        6. UE-22337 Nested UPROPERTY components show as direct children of the parent object

Tier 2 (I'll live):
                        1. UE-21958 Slate/UMG: Update Checkbox, Slider, ComboBox to work with controller
                        2. UE-19837 Crash when HotReload UMGEditor
                        3. UE-22852 Node comment bubbles no longer appear in editors (BP, material)
                        4. UE-22878 Behavior Trees cannot be saved if the Blackboard assigned to it was opened before opening the Behavior Tree from the Content Browser
                        5. UE-22849 Get key node is no longer available within the On Analog value change override

*hint hint nudge nudge*

Comment

I just want to know whether gpu particles is supported on ios metal in 4.10 since it was said to be supported since 4.7...Thanks

Comment

is anyone getting editor crash when opening any UMG widget ?
                            I get Assertion failed: IsValid() File:\BuildFarm...... Already reported to AnswerHub, just wondering if anyone else is getting that.
                            Clean project, create UMG widget, open it -> crash ?
                            4.10.p4

Comment

Just updated to Preview 4 from 3--now getting lots of crashes when compiling/saving Blueprint classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Trepka View Post
                                Just build the ShaderCompileWorker and the editor with Xcode 7.x and run on OS X 10.11. Metal is the default renderer in the master branch. You can use -opengl if you want to run in OpenGL mode.

Please remember that it's still in development and we haven't tested it heavily on a wide range of Macs yet, so there's no guarantee it'll work fully OK and fast on your GPU. If you give it a try, though, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.
                                Alright, I'll do that right now. I'm on an iMac 5k, i7 4Ghz, 16GB DDR3 with a AMD R9 M290X 2GB.

EDIT: unfortunately it doesn't build. After running Setup.command successfully it fails during the generation of the xcode workspace. This was tested with a fresh clone from github/master.

Code:
                                /UnrealEngine-master/GenerateProjectFiles.command ; exit;

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...

Setting up Mono
                                Generating data for project indexing... 0%ERROR: Unable to instantiate instance of 'WebBrowser' object type from compiled assembly 'UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.  Unreal Build Tool creates an instance of your module's 'Rules' object in order to find out about your module's requirements.  The CLR exception details may provide more information:  System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '../../Engine/Binaries/Mac/UnrealCEFSubProcess.app' not found.
                                  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at System.IO.Directory+<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at WebBrowser..ctor (UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo Target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
                                  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                                  at UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateModuleRules (System.String ModuleName, UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo Target, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference& ModuleFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

logout
                                Saving session...
                                ...copying shared history...
                                ...saving history...truncating history files...
                                ...completed.
                                Last edited by its_manny; 11-04-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X