Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 3D Widget still an experimental feature in 4.10?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
      It is awesome that you guys are getting so much done, I am really looking forward to 4.10. Hopefully you can introduce like 15 hotfixes before 4.11, we just need a stable release that will last us a few months.
      I need to type 10 characters, but all I really wanted to do is say: +1 to the above!
      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
      -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

the ability to add notes to nodes in blueprint editor is missing in every 4.10 update (at least 1 and 2)

Comment

Detour Crowd avoidance appears to be broken in 4.10P3. I've written an answerhub bug, with a project sample file with the repro:
          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ds-broken.html

If this is just a change of setup or a setting somewhere, I would love to know, otherwise, this is a showstopping bug. (for me)

Comment

Originally posted by insanerob View Post
            Modulated Shadows on mobile seems to be broken. Converted a project in 4.9.2 where modulated shadows were working, to 4.10prev2 and the modulated shadows don't show on iphone anymore
            rOb
            Hi Rob,

Can you post this to AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section so we can better assist you there?

I've tried to reproduce this in a simple project created in 4.9 and convert that to 4.10, but I'm still seeing the modulated shadows as I would expect. I've also setup simple projects in 4.9 and 4.10 on their own to see and everything works as intended when I play on device. I tested this on an Iphone 6.

Thank you!

Tim
            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
            UE4 Documentation
            Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

@Tim Hobson...
              Please, explain why Epic's staff is so participative in community. Are you guys forced to act like this or you're just epic
              None of public engines I've used have staff keeping for months and months directly interaction with the community, it's like they're nonexistent nowadays outside this forum; things here are so different. Why?!

Hope you guys never change this though
              | Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Agreed

10 chars

Comment

Looks like a solid update. Especially want to play around with Sequencer. I have never been a big fan of Matinee, so if Sequencer can improve that functionality, that would be awesome.

Comment

Can`t compile our projet on 4.10
                    1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2653: 'FLogCategoryLogPlatformFile': is not a class or namespace name
                    1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2065: 'CompileTimeVerbosity': undeclared identifier
                    1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2065: 'LogPlatformFile': undeclared identifier
                    1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2228: left of '.IsSuppressed' must have class/struct/union
                    1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): note: type is 'unknown-type'
                    1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2228: left of '.GetCategoryName' must have class/struct/union
                    1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): note: type is 'unknown-type'
                    1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2664: 'void FMsg::Logf_Internal(const ANSICHAR *,int32,const FName &,ELogVerbosity::Type,const TCHAR *)': cannot convert argument 3 from 'ELogVerbosity::Type' to 'const FName &'
                    1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): note: Reason: cannot convert from 'ELogVerbosity::Type' to 'const FName'
                    1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): note: No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
                    1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MadScorp View Post
                      Can`t compile our projet on 4.10
                      1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2653: 'FLogCategoryLogPlatformFile': is not a class or namespace name
                      1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2065: 'CompileTimeVerbosity': undeclared identifier
                      1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2065: 'LogPlatformFile': undeclared identifier
                      1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2228: left of '.IsSuppressed' must have class/struct/union
                      1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2228: left of '.GetCategoryName' must have class/struct/union
                      1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): error C2664: 'void FMsg::Logf_Internal(const ANSICHAR *,int32,const FName &,ELogVerbosity::Type,const TCHAR *)': cannot convert argument 3 from 'ELogVerbosity::Type' to 'const FName &'
                      1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): note: Reason: cannot convert from 'ELogVerbosity::Type' to 'const FName'
                      1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h(248): note: No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
                      1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                      Fixed with
                      //#include "IPlatformFileCachedWrapper.h"

Comment

guys, 4.9.2 memory leaks fixed in 4.10 ?
                        because that's insane how bad is 4.9.2 update is compare to 4.8.3

Comment

I just want to know if gpu paticles is supported on metal since it should have been available since 4.7.Thanks

Comment

Modulate Shadows fixed in preview 3 : Just updated to prev 3 and the shadows are back - please ignore , looks like you fixed whatever it was

rOb

Comment

Will UMG support gamepad controller (for Windows) in 4.10? I'm on 4.9.2 and making some work arounds to make it work and don't know if I should wait for 4.10.
                              Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
                                Will UMG support gamepad controller (for Windows) in 4.10? I'm on 4.9.2 and making some work arounds to make it work and don't know if I should wait for 4.10.
                                You override "On Key Down".
                                KITATUS
                                "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Working...
                                X