This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for

Fixed! UE-22260 Attempting to connect to Perforce source control causes a crash

It is not crashing but somehow I can't get it to connect. (using the right settings / p4v is connecting without problems)

Comment

Love that this release is a stability release. Great job all, it's shaping up greatly.
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Is there a chance I could get an update on UE-21394?

Thanks!

Comment

I was working fine on version 4.10 preview 2. Than after update to 4.10 preview 3 i can't open my project:

(I allready posted on answerhub)

Thanks.

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: IOculusRiftPlugin::IsAvailable() [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.10\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\OculusInput\Source\Private\OculusInput.cpp] [Line: 128]
          "

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:374]
          UE4Editor_OculusInput!FOculusInput::SendControllerEvents()
          UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::PollGameDeviceState() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1789]
          UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::PollGameDeviceState() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1209]
          UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2417]
          UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
          UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
          UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
          UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
          kernel32
          ntdll

Comment

I'm the same, was told on irc that's just how it is in preview builds...that's why they tell you not to use them for anything you need to keep working. I was expecting the usual project update option but meh, at least we're warned.

Comment

Originally posted by carf View Post
              I was working fine on version 4.10 preview 2. Than after update to 4.10 preview 3 i can't open my project:

Thanks.

"Assertion failed: IOculusRiftPlugin::IsAvailable() [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.10\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\OculusInput\Source\Private\OculusInput.cpp] [Line: 128]
              "

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:374]
              UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::PollGameDeviceState() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1789]
              UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::PollGameDeviceState() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1209]
              UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2417]
              UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
              UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
              UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
              UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
              kernel32
              ntdll
              Try disable plugins: Oculus Input, Oculus Library, Oculus Rift.
              Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Thank you.
                Yes, i added this lines to .uproject file (to disable "OculusInput" and "OculusLibrary", the others were already disabled) and the project is opening again :

{
                "Name": "OculusInput",
                "Enabled": false
                },
                {
                "Name": "OculusLibrary",
                "Enabled": false
                },

UE can't handle when Oculus Rift is disabled and Oculus Library and/or Oculus Input are Enabled.
                Last edited by carf; 10-28-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Any plans fixing UE-21013 in 4.10?

Comment

It is awesome that you guys are getting so much done, I am really looking forward to 4.10. Hopefully you can introduce like 15 hotfixes before 4.11, we just need a stable release that will last us a few months.
                    Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                    Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                    Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Are UE-22202 and UE-22523 being fixed?Thanks!

Comment

Ok I'm new to UE and I dont know the phrases used to describe the various parts of the engine too well.
                        My concern is the move to Visual Studio 2015, which I dont like at all. I have a project that I created in the UE launcher application as "C++ project". I have the engine installed completely here as source code and as I understand it, it is compiled by my VS here right?
                        So am I forced to "update" to VS 2015 now? Or can I continue to use VS 2013? And do I have to get the new versions through git from now on, since it sounds like the launcher application will not work for me anymore?

I seriously am ****** off at that. I just one of the smaller graphic engines to come to UE because that engine also forced us to use VS 2015 without even explaining, what is so lifethreateningly important that development can not continue with 2013. I'm not a friend of progress for progress sake. "Updates" are always a hassle and without a good reason, don't see why. Besides, I didn't intend to leave Windows 7 behind but now I'm afraid you guys are forcing me to get this crappy Windows 10 because we all know that sooner or later VS will not run on older Windows anymore. Out of "technical reasons in the outer stratosphere which can not be explained in greater detail" or somesuch bogus reason by MS

Comment

Originally posted by carf View Post

Thanks.

"

kernel32
                          ntdll
                          I hope you are only testing your project with the preview and not actively developing with it.
                          Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
                          Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                            Ok I'm new to UE and I dont know the phrases used to describe the various parts of the engine too well.
                            My concern is the move to Visual Studio 2015, which I dont like at all. I have a project that I created in the UE launcher application as "C++ project". I have the engine installed completely here as source code and as I understand it, it is compiled by my VS here right?
                            So am I forced to "update" to VS 2015 now? Or can I continue to use VS 2013? And do I have to get the new versions through git from now on, since it sounds like the launcher application will not work for me anymore?

I seriously am ****** off at that. I just one of the smaller graphic engines to come to UE because that engine also forced us to use VS 2015 without even explaining, what is so lifethreateningly important that development can not continue with 2013. I'm not a friend of progress for progress sake. "Updates" are always a hassle and without a good reason, don't see why. Besides, I didn't intend to leave Windows 7 behind but now I'm afraid you guys are forcing me to get this crappy Windows 10 because we all know that sooner or later VS will not run on older Windows anymore. Out of "technical reasons in the outer stratosphere which can not be explained in greater detail" or somesuch bogus reason by MS
                            Take it easy, man. VS 2015 is cool. Just switch off Microsoft Git provider. The whole reason is distributing prebuild library builds, which are no would be build for vs2015 by default - which is ok for most of users. Also I don't understand your hate to vs2015. Soon it will have update 1 released, fixing most of it's regressions.
                            Also you still can compile UE4 from source code for vs2013.

Comment

If I understood well, you can keep using VS2013, but you need to use the GitHub releases. You don't even need Git, you just need to download the source package as a zip on Github, and build the engine, instead of downloading a prebuilt release.

I seriously am ****** off at that. I just one of the smaller graphic engines to come to UE because that engine also forced us to use VS 2015 without even explaining, what is so lifethreateningly important that development can not continue with 2013. I'm not a friend of progress for progress sake. "Updates" are always a hassle and without a good reason, don't see why.
                              So why even update to UE 4.10 ? UE4 is going to be updated for years, maybe UE 4.35 will require DX13, so there will be a point where you stop updating anyway.
                              Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

what is so lifethreateningly important that development can not continue with 2013.
                                Not life-threateningly important I would say, but here is an impressively long list of updates, fixes, and additions to C++ in Visual Studio 2015:
                                http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archi...-2015-rtm.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X