X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
    Make sure your launcher is updated, then click "+Add versions" under Library, select 4.10 Preview 2 and install.
    Ah, yes, thanks
    It looks like my Launcher wasn't up-to-date.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    > Alignment functions just BEAUTIFUL, but please add some hotkeys for them.

+ 1

> This release is super cool for two reasons :
    - bugfixes, not features !

+ 100

spyro

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    One of developer said bug with 3d widgets interactivity was fixed in 4.10 yet it still does not work. Link for reference
    4.10 and 4.10p1-5 are different things. Have hope

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by werwack View Post
    Hello,

I have a very basic question: how can I download ant try the 4.10 previews? I didn't find them in the Launcher.
    Thx
    Make sure your launcher is updated, then click "+Add versions" under Library, select 4.10 Preview 2 and install.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is the status of the Tasks / Abilities system in 4.10?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One of developer said bug with 3d widgets interactivity was fixed in 4.10 yet it still does not work. Link for reference

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

I have a very basic question: how can I download ant try the 4.10 previews? I didn't find them in the Launcher.
    Thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anyohe has vc runtime 2015 that do not get error on install? if preview 4.10 needs it to just run too?
    http://pasteboard.co/1y7775f5.png
    EDIT: Win was damaged somehow, win reinstall fixed.
    Last edited by AE_3DFX; 10-22-2015, 07:24 PM. Reason: fix

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MackeyK24 View Post
    Holy Moly... That would be so awesome to have a Blueprint to C++ Converter.

Cant wait to see that feature in the engine. (Seeing how EVERY bit of everything is in blueprint... Hardly any Docs or Tutorials on doing stuff with C++ JUST BP)
    1. I agree completely, more C++ tutorials would be great, but...

2. For anyone that wants to convert more blueprint stuff to C++, it's not super difficult to do in most cases by hand, though a tool would definitely take out a lot of busywork. Here is my general workflow for it:

First, get VAX if you can. Visual Assist is super super helpful for working your way around the engine really quickly. So many times thinking, "It seems like an engine like unreal should have a function that does "blahblahblah" and searching for it in VAX gets me those answers super fast compared to VS's built in search, which can take a couple minutes a pop when it gets bad.

Second, for any blueprint function you want to find they usually follow this kind of pattern. If the blueprint function is "Your Function Name", the C++ function on the same object type will probably be something like "YourFunctionName" or "K2_YourFunctionName" ("Set Actor Location" becomes "K2_SetActorLocation", which calls "SetActorLocation" for example). Also, in the blueprint you can right click and hit "Goto Code Definition", which is spotty, but usually gets me close enough that I can just ctrl-f my way there. Other than that you can pretty much replace blueprint code with C++ code almost 1:1, which is super convenient and much less a pain in the *** than I expected it to be when I started having to do that.

Anyway, just sharing because it's much less intimidating than it initially sounds, and from what I've heard the performance increases can be substantial if you're doing something a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never used window switcher because a lot of the tabs appear in it twice, making it quite useless.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Alignment functions just BEAUTIFUL, but please add some hotkeys for them. It's extremely time consuming to Right click -> Go to menu -> Go to submenu -> Choose correct options for every section of BP you want to manage. I mean I need to align node more often than create them so I think it should be easier to invoke.
    I second that request and I plead the UI developer to consider the fact that the engine could use a lot more customizable keyboard shortcuts in general. For example, my other biggest hotkey annoyance is the lack of a proper shortcut for switching to the next opened tab immediately, Firefox style. Just press CTRL-TAB to switch right to the next opened tab or SHIFT-CTRL-TAB to switch to the previous tab, no slow intermediary windows like Window Switcher required. In fact, I don't think I ever used Windows Switcher for tab switching since its the time of its implementation in 4.8. It takes just as much time to click on the relevant tab with the mouse as it does to search for it in Windows Switcher, and that's in cases where you don't have to scroll down Windows Switcher's Opened Files list in order to find it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AGDEV View Post
    I notice you merge 4.10.0-preview-2 to release branch... ???
    Noticed that too. Is 4.10 is of any stable state? And does it mean that there will be no 4.9.3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alignment functions just BEAUTIFUL, but please add some hotkeys for them. It's extremely time consuming to Right click -> Go to menu -> Go to submenu -> Choose correct options for every section of BP you want to manage. I mean I need to align node more often than create them so I think it should be easier to invoke.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sequencer! I'm so excited. I just got one to work during gameplay!!! WOWW!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy Moly... That would be so awesome to have a Blueprint to C++ Converter.

Cant wait to see that feature in the engine. (Seeing how EVERY bit of everything is in blueprint... Hardly any Docs or Tutorials on doing stuff with C++ JUST BP)

I always thought that sucked... We finally have an Engine with FULL C++ source BUT all examples (Except really the old and new battery collector projects and the old shooter tutorial is the only C++ stuff out there... at least that i can find useful)

So basically i am using blueprint tutorials and figuring out all key blueprint game function node and implementing the c++ equivalent.

For Example: Add SplineMeshComponent node ---> yeah thats great for blueprint guys, but what about us C++ (or us C++ wanna be)

Well the is no set UGameplayStatics::AddSplineMeshComponent

You gotta know or figure out that you should:

USplineMeshComponent* splineMesh = NewObject<USplineMeshComponent>(this);
    splineMesh->AttachTo(someParent);
    splineMesh->SetStaticMesh(someMesh);

... other init code

splineMesh->RegisterComponent();

But a BP to C++ converter would at least tell us whats really going on with all that Spaghetti Looking Graphs that is Blueprint...

Don't get me wrong i thinks Blueprints ARE great for prototyping functionality or prefabs design time sub-components...
    But absolutely HATE having "Code Logic" ... especially core gameplay logic as a bunch of wires instead some "True Lines Of Code" somewhere (.h or .cpp or .cs or .js... you get the picture)

Again some kind of Blueprint to C++ would be the BEST thing EVER for C++ guys to get a base idea of that a blueprint is doing... Cant wait!!!
    Last edited by MackeyK24; 10-20-2015, 09:08 PM. Reason: Forgot register component, that is important

Leave a comment:

Working...
X