Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks team!

I'm enthusiastic that at least VS2015 and DX12 are experimental and can be enabled. I don't need to code (yet), but I do need to build the engine for the MMORPG kit. Quick question about the new "ArchViz" Player controller.. if using the controller in a VR environment, how well does that work?

I didn't see a note about the Oculus SDK being updated to 0.7; is this in or did it not make the cutoff?

Hopefully, with 4.10 we'll see the Oculus SDK 1.0, official Win10 support, official DX12 support, and official VS2015 support. Oh, and a VR camera controller please, as that has been backlogged for quite some time now
    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was joking about having to scroll through all the notes.
      Haha Brilliant, poor Steve aha

Comment

Originally posted by Doublezer0 View Post
        Great Update!

There is no mention of the Spline Component updates. Particularly no mention of the fact you cannot edit Spline Points if you create the Spline Component and Points in C++ for use in the construction script. Once created the points turn pink and cannot be selected.

I submit an answerhub for this https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-when-cre.html

This is a pretty crazy problem for my project which needs to stay up to date for the marketplace. I have discussed with others who say this is detrimental to certain procedural generation techniques too.
        Hey Doublezer0,

I've moved the post you linked into the Bug Reports section of AnswerHub, and assigned it to a member of our staff. If they need any further information, they'll post there. Keep in mind for the future that if you're reporting a bug, the Bug Reports section is the place to put it to ensure we see it. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Ben. A friend of mine wrote a bug report but at the time it didn't seem like the place to put it as the documentation stated it was by design.
          http://unrealdeveloper.uk

Comment

It says to use VS 2015, I specify -2015 to command line. The thing is, I don't know what tool to use? I downloaded UE through the launcher. There's no right click option, no obvious way to configure the project generation to use VS2015...

Comment

Hi,
              Thanks for the update to the Substance Plugin! I picked up the 4.9 version of the plugin this afternoon.

Comment

Upgraded from 4.8 to 4.9, getting huge Map Check errors with my old 4.8 projects, why?

Comment

fantastic! that archviz character came just in time for me.. Great job
                  | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                    I usually transition like nothing even happened, but I wasn't one to pay much attention to the documentation anyways.
                    Unfortunately we far too often have to not pay attention to the documentation, because it's not there.

Just concerned about what numerous things I might miss now... oh well.
                    Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

"The previously required boilerplate code can now be removed, but should still work."

Anyone know what this means?

Comment

I like what I am seeing. Especially with the lighting/shadowing. Hopefully I can play with it soon. Dealing with a tempramental Videocard atm -_-
                        Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                        Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                        FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                        Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                        Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                        LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

"LocalizationTargetTypes.h(25): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'FString'" (+ a bunch more errors in the same file)

huh....
                          Last edited by DamirH; 08-31-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

After one hour reading update notes I gave up; list too loooonng!!1!11!
                            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Is it jsut me or does the Check box umg widget not work anymore? Pressing on it an nothing happends.

Update
                              Did some testing on this, Seem that Slider and Check Box don't work on mobile devices anymore. Posted on answerhub

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-features.html
                              Last edited by wettrix; 08-31-2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                                I haven't encountered a problem using the scroll wheel in 4.9. Can you please log a Bug Report on the AnswerHub with additional information and repro steps?

Thanks
                                LOL... I'm pretty sure he was just being funny, meaning his scroll wheel is broken from reading the release notes.
                                Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                                Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                                Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X