Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonimake View Post
    Every time I save my map I get:

"This map is using externally referenced packages which won't be found when in a game and all references will be broken. Perform a map check for more details.

Would you like to continue?"
    Just wanted to say the same It worked without any problems in 4.8, but now I get the same message you mentioned and this opens after the map is loaded:

I get this for all maps I have.
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hey Got a question -

Has this issue been fixed regaurding the cooker and parent / Child classes

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...t-classes.html

Comment

just wow oO still tooked a while to get an small overview. looking forward to the documentation stuff.

Comment

You have deprecated the ClearTimer node, but you have not deprecated the SetTimer node:

That's inconsistent!

Comment

The new Collision setting in the SpawnActor does not work the same way as the old one, I have a node which was set to "SpawnEvenIfColliding=false" but the actor still spawned because it was not colliding in 4.8, now in 4.9 the actor does not spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
              You have deprecated the ClearTimer node, but you have not deprecated the SetTimer node:

That's inconsistent!
              Hey John,

There are now two Set Timer nodes, and the Clear and Pause nodes have been changed as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	49Timers.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1086758

The Set Timer nodes (two options for that, now) have a return value that you can save as a variable, then use that variable in the Clear or Pause nodes.

Comment

Thanks Ben, but there were always 2 timer nodes. But why can I set a timer by name but not end it by name?

One other thing, I thought it would be possible in 4.9 to get the default object of a BP so that I don't need to spawn it just to access stuff like it's bounds etc. I can find the new get defaults of class, but there I can't get properties of the components.

Comment

So it seems IsHeadMountedDisplayEnabled node doesn't seem to care whether it actually is enabled or not. Even when not playing in VR it still thinks it's enabled. Could be because of Oculus SDK 0.7 I have installed? Hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary in 4.8 though.

Comment

The new Collision setting in the SpawnActor does not work the same way as the old one, I have a node which was set to "SpawnEvenIfColliding=false" but the actor still spawned because it was not colliding in 4.8, now in 4.9 the actor does not spawn.
                    This was updated for 4.9, but I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying the actor isn't spawning even though it isn't colliding? I think by default, the node in 4.9 should be set to "Try To Adjust Location, Don't Spawn If Still Colliding" if it was set to false in 4.8. Are you getting something different?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                      Hey Got a question -

Has this issue been fixed regaurding the cooker and parent / Child classes

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...t-classes.html
                      Hi HeadClot,

This was reported 19 hours ago and has not had time to be reproduced or addressed by technicians. While it is possible that something in 4.9 has fixed this error, it is not highly likely. The answerhub post has already been assigned to a technician. If there has been no response within 4 days after the most recent post, please feel free to bump the thread once.
                      Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Halliday View Post
                        This was updated for 4.9, but I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying the actor isn't spawning even though it isn't colliding? I think by default, the node in 4.9 should be set to "Try To Adjust Location, Don't Spawn If Still Colliding" if it was set to false in 4.8. Are you getting something different?
                        I don't know whether the actor is really not colliding, but you are right, in 4.8 it was "SpawnEvenIfColliding=false" and now in 4.9 it is "Try To Adjust Location, Don't Spawn If Still Colliding". What I am saying is that in 4.8 the actor spawned while in 4.9 it does not. So the collision check in 4.9 seems to be in some way more strict which breaks current behavior.

Comment

Thanks Ben, but there were always 2 timer nodes. But why can I set a timer by name but not end it by name?

One other thing, I thought it would be possible in 4.9 to get the default object of a BP so that I don't need to spawn it just to access stuff like it's bounds etc. I can find the new get defaults of class, but there I can't get properties of the components.
                          Ah, I see what you're saying. I think the reasoning behind this is that the new method allows you to set a timer that calls a function, save that particular timer, and then also start another timer with the same function and save that one as well. You can still call it by function name, but clear one and not both. The previous way, you'd run the Clear Timer and it would clear all instances of a timer running that function.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantoad View Post
                            So it seems IsHeadMountedDisplayEnabled node doesn't seem to care whether it actually is enabled or not. Even when not playing in VR it still thinks it's enabled. Could be because of Oculus SDK 0.7 I have installed? Hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary in 4.8 though.
                            Hi Gigantoad,

This is a known issue and has been reported as UE-19533. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented.
                            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

I don't know whether the actor is really not colliding, but you are right, in 4.8 it was "SpawnEvenIfColliding=false" and now in 4.9 it is "Try To Adjust Location, Don't Spawn If Still Colliding". What I am saying is that in 4.8 the actor spawned while in 4.9 it does not. So the collision check in 4.9 seems to be in some way more strict which breaks current behavior.
                              Yep, there was a bug with Spawn Even If Colliding that was fixed in 4.9. I don't think it was working at all in 4.8, so it would have spawned regardless of collision.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                                Hi Gigantoad,

This is a known issue and has been reported as UE-19533. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented.
                                Ah I see, thanks for the info. So is there a workaround? Like disconnecting the Rift maybe, or do I just completely uninstall the 0.7 runtime? Just need to be able to test without Rift, preferably without having to remove those nodes from the blueprints entirely.

Comment

Working...
                                X