• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Whoo! 4.9 Release! So I can start finding new bugs

First one, I still get these on project startup:

Hi John Alcatraz,

I can't seem to find the answerhub post for this one so we can address it fully. Can you post a link to the thread so we can get one of our technicians on it? Have you run a fix up redirectors on your content browser to see if it clears these warnings?
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Would it be possible to have non square support for navigation modifiers inside blueprints or at least allow us to spawn the "Navigation Modifier Volume" from blueprints?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
        Hi John Alcatraz,

I can't seem to find the answerhub post for this one so we can address it fully. Can you post a link to the thread so we can get one of our technicians on it? Have you run a fix up redirectors on your content browser to see if it clears these warnings?
        Hi Adam, same problem for me whatever project I convert to 4.9!
        Olivier Demangel

Designer

IVR-Nation
        http://ivrnation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by John The Wolf View Post
          Should I keep with UE 4.8 and wait for bug-hot fixes or I will upgrade can someone give me a recommendation?
          This is always a case-by-case thing depending on your project. Definitely always back up your project first before migrating and testing. Unless there's a bug fix I need to make use of I don't migrate to the newer engine versions mid-project at all. (But I always download it to play with the sweet sweet new toys)
          Last edited by Hyperloop; 08-31-2015, 02:13 PM.
          Trevor Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was joking about having to scroll through all the notes.
            Wow, I feel silly. This is what happens when I get heavily focused on "watch for bug reports" mode.
            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Hi John Alcatraz,

I have not created one for it. Let me do it now.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ctors-bug.html
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hi John Alcatraz,

Same here, running the fixup crashed the editor

Comment

I'm loving the approach of many new improvements this release over primarily new features, which brings with it bugs
                  Regards,
                  Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                  Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
                    Any idea when we might get an updated Substance Plugin to go with the 4.9 engine? My project now says it's got to have it installed even though my project doesn't use it. I suspect that since I had the plugin installed under the 4.8 engine that all my 4.8 engine projects will ask for it even though they don't use it.
                    It should be coming soon. In the meantime, you'll want to disable the Plugin in your project before creating the copy for 4.9.

Comment

some have said that is 4.9 released today is that right?

Comment

Hi John Alcatraz,

I'm getting the same issue, answer hub link

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post
                          A lot of great stuffs ... BUT ... "Improved Temporal AA quality using bicubic filtering" ... well ... no

Hey koola, I asked BrianK about this and what you're probably seeing is the dithered quantization to remove banding when we switched the temporal history buffer to 11:11:10 from FP16. It wasn't intended to be noticeable. It's on his list
                          Nick Penwarden, Lead Programmer @ Epic Games

Comment

Is the Unreal Engine 4.9 now with Windows 10 compatible?

Comment

Every time I save my map I get:

"This map is using externally referenced packages which won't be found when in a game and all references will be broken. Perform a map check for more details.

Would you like to continue?"

Comment

"Hey koola, I asked BrianK about this and what you're probably seeing is the dithered quantization to remove banding when we switched the temporal history buffer to 11:11:10 from FP16. It wasn't intended to be noticeable. It's on his list"
                                Phew! Otherwise the update looks awesome :P
                                Last edited by Reko; 08-31-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X