No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is nice and all, loads of fixes.... but question: When you update these, do you update the documentation? Because I am currently in 4.8.3 and learning stuff, and most of the documentation and tutorials are already quite old... I don't know if I want to even move to 4.9 because I can't possibly take in all the changes and know where I can do things better in my current projects. Am I the only one overwhelmed everytime there is a big update?
    Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
      This is nice and all, loads of fixes.... but question: When you update these, do you update the documentation? Because I am currently in 4.8.3 and learning stuff, and most of the documentation and tutorials are already quite old... I don't know if I want to even move to 4.9 because I can't possibly take in all the changes and know where I can do things better in my current projects. Am I the only one overwhelmed everytime there is a big update?
      I usually transition like nothing even happened, but I wasn't one to pay much attention to the documentation anyways.
      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

I can LAUNCH my game for Android but i can't complie .Its Strange .

Comment

Awesooommmmmeeeee

Comment

Any idea when we might get an updated Substance Plugin to go with the 4.9 engine? My project now says it's got to have it installed even though my project doesn't use it. I suspect that since I had the plugin installed under the 4.8 engine that all my 4.8 engine projects will ask for it even though they don't use it.

Comment

this is super awesome!!

Comment

Kudos once again to the Epic team, your releases are consistently impressive in their breadth and their ability to mystically anticipate what my current most significant need is within the engine.
                Author of Blueprints Visual Scripting for Unreal Engine
                Creative Director at E-Line Media

Comment

Originally posted by Xenome View Post
                  So, my scroll wheel is broken now...
                  I haven't encountered a problem using the scroll wheel in 4.9. Can you please log a Bug Report on the AnswerHub with additional information and repro steps?

Thanks
                  Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Testing on local machine [package development/shipping html5 file]. Same error as 4.9p4

Comment

Originally posted by Froffs View Post
                      Testing on local machine [package development/shipping html5 file]. Same error as 4.9p4
                      Hi Froffs,

If you are experiencing a bug or error, please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature). We'll be able to assist you more in depth there.

Edit: found the post https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ing-html5.html. We are investigating the issue.
                      Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 08-31-2015, 01:41 PM.
                      Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

New: Game/URL Options parsing nodes are now exposed to blueprints.
                        for some reason i think this is going to be very important to me , no idea how to do it but it might just be the key for the lock
                        UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                        ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Whoo! 4.9 Release! So I can start finding new bugs

First one, I still get these on project startup:

Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hmmm.. cant find changelog for parallax occlusion mapping. There is also no entry in the documentaion...

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                              I haven't encountered a problem using the scroll wheel in 4.9. Can you please log a Bug Report on the AnswerHub with additional information and repro steps?

Thanks
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was joking about having to scroll through all the notes.
                              Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                              Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Wow, great work guys! Amazing as always.
                                Trevor Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X