Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reok
    "UE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in use"

This one in the latest hotfixes? Just wondering. Thank you!
    No update on this yet. But a potential workaround: An already supported option is to use a Feature Level switch in the materials to avoid compiling the unsupported stuff at lower feature levels. This may mean they're butchered/non-functional but should prevent the warnings as well. That might be the expedient approach to take.

Originally posted by danielfalci
    When i set some levels as sub-levels on my project, everytime i try to load one of those levels the editor crashes. The only way to load the level is to delete all sub-levels.
    I believe you are experiencing the known bug UE-20219 (Crash on loading non-persistent level). This has been resolved in the upcoming 4.10 release.

Originally posted by Marcio Daniel
    Since a looong time ago, every asset I rename or delete on Editor still exists on file system (it can be checked using the explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac). 4.9.2 still has this problem. Is there an open issue about this?
    I'm not aware of this. My own testing revealed no such case. If you can reproduce this, and it's not due to Redirectors as Druha mentions, please log a bug report to the Answerhub (see link in my signature)

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
    Not to jumped queue, but have the lighting build stuck at 99% been fixed yet? It was recorded as a known issue when I search at Answerhub the last time.

Is there a timeline. Thanks. I wanted to upgarde to 4.9 but this is stopping me from doing so.
    The issue with Lightmass hanging (UE-20782) is currently being addressed and expected to be resolved in the 4.10 release. Some users have mentioned potential workaround for this by adding a BSP brush to the level, or adding the SM_Template_Map_Floor mesh to the level.
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

The issue with Lightmass hanging (UE-20782) is currently being addressed and expected to be resolved in the 4.10 release. Some users have mentioned potential workaround for this by adding a BSP brush to the level, or adding the SM_Template_Map_Floor mesh to the level.
      Thanks for the answer. Much appreciated.
      Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

How about UE-20815 and UE-20798?
        I'm waiting looong time.since 4.7

Comment

Originally posted by Druha View Post
          Looks like you are facing Redirectors. Try run "Fixup redirectors in folder" from context menu on your Content root folder, they should be gone after that.
          You can read a bit more about them here https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ors/index.html
          I will take a look later, but I'm sure you are right. This doc explains exactly the situation I have. Thanks.

Comment

"Fixed wrong colors and artifacts when using color grading (extreme red in darks or more subtle ones)."

Is there some sort of offset value we can use in contrast to counter act this? Updating to 4.9 has made the lighting / shadowing and color wrong on all of my levels.

Comment

4.10 seems to have broken 3d positional audio (hrtf) , used to work in 4.9 but in 4.10 it doesn't spatialize correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Illusionweaver View Post
                4.10 seems to have broken 3d positional audio (hrtf) , used to work in 4.9 but in 4.10 it doesn't spatialize correctly.
                Post on answerhub if you have not done so already so they know about it "officially"...
                "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Working...
                X