Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UPDATE!

    The 4.9.2 Hotfix is now live!

    If you experience a bug with the 4.9.2 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

    Fixed in 4.9.2

    Fixed! UE-20792 DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD
    Fixed! UE-21233 Calling RequestStimuliListenerUpdate on actor with one element in AIPerception Sensing Config causes crash
    Fixed! UE-21234 Crash on play when AIPerception Senses Config element is set to "sense config" options
    Fixed! UE-20913 Undo after deletion in BP editor causes crash
    Fixed! UE-17698 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UStruct::IsChildOf() [class.h:400]
    Fixed! UE-20644 [CrashReport] Crash while undoing in Blueprints - FObjectRecord::FReader:perator
    Fixed! UE-20258 Child blueprint classes can no longer change default values for inherited variables
    Fixed! UE-21081 Cannot open assets created in 4.9.1 in 4.9.0 version of editor
    Fixed! UE-20210 [CrashReport] Crash on Windows Chinese version when changing editor language
    Fixed! UE-21337 Movies are not skipped when Wait for Movies to Complete is false
    Fixed! UE-21292 Parallax Occlusion Mapping broken on Macs
    Fixed! UE-21127 Crash in FSlateImageRun destructor
    Fixed! UE-20550 Sliders and check boxs not working on touch screen device
    Fixed! UE-21076 Possible divide by zero in animation transitions with zero crossfade durations
    Fixed! UE-20961 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FKShapeElem::GetShapeCheck<FKConvexElem>() [shapeelem.h:55]
    Fixed! UE-20952 Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device
    Fixed! UE-21123 PowerVR Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) shows black scene when MobileHDR enabled
    Fixed! UE-21367 Submitting to App store for IOS 9 leads to validation errors
    Fixed! UE-20940 Effects.umap causes Standalone and Mobile Preview PIE to Crash
    Fixed! UE-21126 Foliage culling broken on XboxOne
    Update UE-21185 Update buttons on CrashReporter window to encourage submission
    Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

    Comment


      Nice list of crash fix ...
      ... but no fix on the dithering/aa bug (and that make me sad^^)

      On 4.9.2
      ____________________________________________________________
      https://twitter.com/Koola_UE4

      Comment


        Thanks for all the bug fixes! Awesome progression.

        Also, you guys are continually not including the "ART TOOLS" in the "EXTRAS" folder of the OSX build.
        Please double check that.

        Thanks.

        Comment


          Hey there, two questions / reports:

          1. Is there a bug logged for extremely slow landscape grass streaming? I am using a density of 250 and it takes up to 60 seconds for my grass to appear when I hit play.
          2. Is there a bug logged for the Art Tools, i.e. baking imposters / unwrapped meshes? Half of those don't seem to work, most notably the imposter depth mask baking.

          Comment


            It's a pity that they still didn't fixed the aliasing problem, like koola mentioned above and the performance "FPS" are still not that good like in the 4.83 Version of UE4.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
              UPDATE!

              The 4.9.2 Hotfix is now live!

              If you experience a bug with the 4.9.2 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

              Fixed in 4.9.2

              Fixed! UE-20792 DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD
              Fixed! UE-21233 Calling RequestStimuliListenerUpdate on actor with one element in AIPerception Sensing Config causes crash
              Fixed! UE-21234 Crash on play when AIPerception Senses Config element is set to "sense config" options
              Fixed! UE-20913 Undo after deletion in BP editor causes crash
              Fixed! UE-17698 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UStruct::IsChildOf() [class.h:400]
              Fixed! UE-20644 [CrashReport] Crash while undoing in Blueprints - FObjectRecord::FReader:perator
              Fixed! UE-20258 Child blueprint classes can no longer change default values for inherited variables
              Fixed! UE-21081 Cannot open assets created in 4.9.1 in 4.9.0 version of editor
              Fixed! UE-20210 [CrashReport] Crash on Windows Chinese version when changing editor language
              Fixed! UE-21337 Movies are not skipped when Wait for Movies to Complete is false
              Fixed! UE-21292 Parallax Occlusion Mapping broken on Macs
              Fixed! UE-21127 Crash in FSlateImageRun destructor
              Fixed! UE-20550 Sliders and check boxs not working on touch screen device
              Fixed! UE-21076 Possible divide by zero in animation transitions with zero crossfade durations
              Fixed! UE-20961 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FKShapeElem::GetShapeCheck<FKConvexElem>() [shapeelem.h:55]
              Fixed! UE-20952 Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device
              Fixed! UE-21123 PowerVR Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) shows black scene when MobileHDR enabled
              Fixed! UE-21367 Submitting to App store for IOS 9 leads to validation errors
              Fixed! UE-20940 Effects.umap causes Standalone and Mobile Preview PIE to Crash
              Fixed! UE-21126 Foliage culling broken on XboxOne
              Update UE-21185 Update buttons on CrashReporter window to encourage submission
              Why can't I download the update,it always shows fails to download

              Comment


                Is it safe to update to Mac OS X El Cap or should I wait for UE 4.10?

                Comment


                  Wooooooo UE-20952 fixed! Thanks Epic you guys are amazing!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
                    Why can't I download the update,it always shows fails to download
                    Do you have enough disk space for the entire download? If that's not the problem, then you may have a network connectivity issue that is blocking you. View this link to try solutions: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Troubl...wnload_content

                    If it doesn't help, collect your Launcher logs (steps provided at the bottom of the wiki page), and make a post on the Installation & Setup section of the Answerhub.
                    Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

                    Comment


                      Hi all, with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan now released, if anyone can advise on UE 4.9.2 on 10.11 that would be great.

                      I use (learning) UE4 on my PC so it's not critical and I am probably going to move away from OS X.

                      Nonetheless, I'm downloading 10.11 now so I could probably report back tomorrow but I am only on a 4mbit connection.
                      Cheers.

                      Comment


                        UE 4.9.2 is known to function on Mac OSX 10.11, however it is not thoroughly tested or fully supported. We are aiming for support with UE 4.10.
                        Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

                        Comment


                          Wow that's amazing. No Arabic support yet?
                          Raed Abbas
                          Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
                          Dynamic Shared Camera


                          IMDB
                          FACEBOOK

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                            Do you have enough disk space for the entire download? If that's not the problem, then you may have a network connectivity issue that is blocking you. View this link to try solutions: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Troubl...wnload_content

                            If it doesn't help, collect your Launcher logs (steps provided at the bottom of the wiki page), and make a post on the Installation & Setup section of the Answerhub.
                            Thank you for your support!Now I can download the engine normally.(Maybe my network is poor yesterday)

                            By the way,(I have also verified that refraction does not work correctly on Android or iOS devices. I have submitted a Jira for this as well, which can be referenced as: UE-21001.)it seems that the refraction on metal still doesn't work in 4.9.2.And the gpu particles still not being implemented in metal.Will them be fixed in 4.10?Thanks very much!

                            Comment


                              4.9 has been fine on 10.11 (now on 10.11.1 and UE 4.9.2) still no issues.

                              Comment


                                Wonderful and great article.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X