Clear All

4.9.1 Works! (pretty much)
    thanks for all the work Epic people

quick test game in this build and it only crashed once
    tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
    Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
    PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

I'm trying to update 4.9 to 4.9.1, but it's saying it wants 15gb for the update?
      Is this an update or a complete version install?

Comment

this keeps popping up in 4.9.1
        didn't think nothing of it when created a standard template First Person Shooter but got it again after re-opening the project. (no changes were made & didn't even save it) but project works n plays normal tho'

Error /Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap : Failed import for SkeletalMeshComponent /Game/FirstPersonBP/Blueprints/FirstPersonCharacter.FirstPersonCharacter_C:SkeletalMesh_GEN_VARIABLE

Comment

""UE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in use""

When does this get fixed?
          STONE RAGE
          StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
          https://stoneragegame.com/

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
            ""UE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in use""

When does this get fixed?
            Hi reok,

This has already been fixed internally. I do not have an exact timeframe of when the fix will be implemented but it should make it into a future release.
            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it in 4.9.2!

Then we are able to use the same material setup we used back in 4.8 without any errors. Thank you!

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
              Hi reok,

This has already been fixed internally. I do not have an exact timeframe of when the fix will be implemented but it should make it into a future release.
              STONE RAGE
              StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
              https://stoneragegame.com/

Comment

Epic are being very quiet at the moment regarding updates.

I haven't moved to 4.9 yet as there were initially a reported issue when moving from the TADP to its replacement. Is it worth moving to 4.9 or holding out for a 4.10 preview within the next couple of weeks?

Comment

Could you guys tell me what key is used to re-center your view when in VR demo mode? Right now my camera is way off and the standard "R" key is not mapped for unreal.

Comment

Hi,

Could you please confirm that no 4.9.2 is forecasted?
                    If yes, could you please make sure that this major issue is included:
                    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-308579

I'm so surprised that Translucent material in UMG have been seen as a issue during testing. Now, I'm stuck with a UI that is not rendering properly so some important information are not here.

We are a team a 10 person not in the same office, compiling from github is not a "option".

thanks for your help,

Comment

Hi Elvince & all,

We are currently preparing a 4.9.2 that we intend to release later this week. It will include a fix for UE-20792 (DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD), as well as about 20 other fixes for major bugs and crashes. Some of the other important fixes included are for issues such as: crashing when undoing in blueprints, child blueprint classes unable to change values for inherited variables, Chinese language users crashing when changing the language settings, the inability to submit to the Apple store for iOS9, and more. Full details will be made available with the release of the hotfix.

Cheers
                      Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 09-28-2015, 11:46 AM.
                      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the update & support. It's an excellent news.

Comment

Has the Morpheus plugin been removed? I no longer see it as a selectable plugin, whereas it was for me in 4.8.3?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                            Hi Elvince & all,

We are currently preparing a 4.9.2 that we intend to release later this week. It will include a fix for UE-20792 (DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD), as well as about 20 other fixes for major bugs and crashes. Some of the other important fixes included are for issues such as: crashing when undoing in blueprints, child blueprint classes unable to change values for inherited variables, Chinese language users crashing when changing the language settings, the inability to submit to the Apple store for iOS9, and more. Full details will be made available with the release of the hotfix.

Cheers
                            Thanks for your greate work!
                            I'm a little curious about when these bugs being fixed:UE-21000(DOF crash on metal)
                            and theBehaviorTree issue:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lackboard.html
                            These two are so important for me!Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
                              Thanks for your greate work!
                              I'm a little curious about when these bugs being fixed:UE-21000(DOF crash on metal)
                              and theBehaviorTree issue:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lackboard.html
                              These two are so important for me!Thanks!
                              UE-21000 is actually the same root issue as UE-20952 (Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device), and the fix will be included in the 4.9.2 Hotfix.

Your other issue (with Enumerators in Blackboard) was logged as UE-20867 and has already been fixed and released in the 4.9.1 Hotfix.

Cheers!
                              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                                UE-21000 is actually the same root issue as UE-20952 (Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device), and the fix will be included in the 4.9.2 Hotfix.

Your other issue (with Enumerators in Blackboard) was logged as UE-20867 and has already been fixed and released in the 4.9.1 Hotfix.

Cheers!
                                Thanks so much to hear this greate news!
                                However,actually in 4.9.1,I still have this AI issue,which in 4.8.3 never occurs:I have posted a bug report on my own while using 4.9.1,one of the staff told me it was still under investigation..
                                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-49-issue.html

Comment

Working...
                                X