Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by VictorAsukaKai View Post
    New Fresh 4.9.1 Project with no starter content, First Person template: First thing that popped up was a loaderror: Failed import fort SkeletalMeshComponent
    Me too!

    Still got this problem too (HUD DrawMaterial() unable to render translucent material).

    Comment


      Hi everyone,

      Please keep in mind that hotfixes are typically for major crashes and bugs that are affecting large numbers of users. All bugs that were addressed within a hotfix are listed on the hotfix release notes. If you do not see a fix for specific bugs there, it is probably not going to be within that hotfix and either may be in a later hotfix or a later release build.

      With that said, if you do have a bug or crash, please report it to the answerhub in the bug reports section. There is a link to the bug reports section in my signature.
      Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

      Comment


        Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
        Hi everyone,

        Please keep in mind that hotfixes are typically for major crashes and bugs that are affecting large numbers of users. All bugs that were addressed within a hotfix are listed on the hotfix release notes. If you do not see a fix for specific bugs there, it is probably not going to be within that hotfix and either may be in a later hotfix or a later release build.

        With that said, if you do have a bug or crash, please report it to the answerhub in the bug reports section. There is a link to the bug reports section in my signature.
        We know Adam. We just want you to know what we are experiencing with our projects so the team at Epic has some more information to go one during their bug fixes.

        Comment


          Sadly,turning on DOF on metal enabled ios devices will still crashes the game in 4.9.1

          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...on-on-ios.html

          Any information on that?Thanks!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
            Hi Nsomnia,
            I was one of those GameJam Teams this month that couldn't compile my game. The root cause was excessive file name size. With over 600+ over sized file names from Marketplace asset packs, I just flat didn't have the time to develop a game a resolve out all those file name issues in 4 days time. I will probably have a compiled version of my game latter this month as it's tricky work to rename assets inside of a project once it's started (How do I know this, don't ask!).

            Just a note of clarification: It's the large directory names causing the problem, not specifically the filename. My directory names are HUGE and they are causing engine failures.
            Are you talking about LONG directory names? Like F:\Perforce\Nsomnia-PC-Workspace\SeptJam\Content\Blueprints\Widgets\HUD\mainHUD.uasset?
            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

            Comment


              Hi Nsomnia,
              I had even longer ones. The sad part was that many of the items the engine picked on weren't even in use by my project, they where included in parts of assets packs that I didn't use. Next time I plan on putting together my GameJam project and doing a compile right from the start to see where there are problems with the assets packs. While I was able to delete some of the stuff, other items where it use which made things problematic at best. And I did try to fix it which ended up killing the project at about 4pm. It took me another 4 hours to restore stuff back into working order in the editor but compiling it still down at this time.

              Something else to keep in mind that when you have compile times in the 2+ hour range, you don't have many tries at getting right on Sunday. Add to it the fact that it takes me 5+ hours to upload a GameJam project means that it has to be working for me at 3 MST time to make my deadlines. Of course, that's part of the challenge of building a game that's interesting. At least the good news is that I probably wouldn't have that issue next month when it counts as I've learned that lesson this month. So it's not all bad news. I did learn a bunch of cool stuff with level design so I'm still happy with the results. If you want, there is a developer video of the game I built at the following link.

              https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...U9XMzlTVUVmX0k

              Let me know what you think of the video as that's all I am going to get for this months efforts. I thought I managed to get some really cool lighting effects on this project.

              Comment


                If you can't cut the directory names length
                Code:
                subst
                a drive letter to the highest meaningful directory (ie. the projects dir) might be of great help.

                Comment


                  Amazing, good work !!

                  Comment


                    Can someone clarify what "Rev Oculus SDK to 0.7 / 0.6.18" means?

                    Particularly the Rev. I have yet to update my Oculus runtime to 0.7 (still working on 0.6), because i've heard UE4.9 wasn't yet fully compatible. Am I wrong? Would it be wise to update to 4.9.1 and runtime 0.7? Any performance gains?
                    vr and new media installations
                    www.samuelwalker.xyz

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by artoculon View Post
                      Can someone clarify what "Rev Oculus SDK to 0.7 / 0.6.18" means?

                      Particularly the Rev. I have yet to update my Oculus runtime to 0.7 (still working on 0.6), because i've heard UE4.9 wasn't yet fully compatible. Am I wrong? Would it be wise to update to 4.9.1 and runtime 0.7? Any performance gains?
                      With 4.9.1, we have updated the Oculus runtimes to 0.7.0 (Desktop) and 0.6.1 (Mobile)
                      Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

                      Comment


                        Thank you thank you thank you for this quick fix Epic. Downloading now to check it out
                        lucasgovatos.net | Twitter | Epitasis - A Colorful Exploration Puzzle Game

                        Comment


                          Didn't tried 4.9.1 yet, but let me thank you by 4.9.

                          - UMG looks a lot more responsive.
                          - A "LOT" from my Log warnings gone away, I just still with a boring one when using CreateDynamicMaterialInstance( ) with some skeletalmeshes dunno if is caused by the parentmesh from the component having more materials because Cloth or 2Sided Mats. But nothing serious.
                          - Did you changed the dynamic shadows? Could be just me, but they looks a lot more defined!
                          Among others...

                          Thank you!
                          VIDA - U4 Indie Goth Horror Game
                          Project Thread

                          Comment


                            Hi all,
                            it seems that 4.9.1 doesn´t allow loading of animated FBX files?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by myclay View Post
                              Hi all,
                              it seems that 4.9.1 doesn´t allow loading of animated FBX files?
                              Please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth. You can find a link to the bug reports section in my signature.
                              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                                Please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth. You can find a link to the bug reports section in my signature.
                                thanks, will do so.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X