No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem its perhaps lots of bugs appears when the version its adopt by the greatest part of users. Perhaps need more betatesters.
    pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

Hi all,

We are working to release a Hotfix update to 4.9 this week. It will help to address a number of issues, but of course not everything. We'll post here with the full scope when it's available.

Thanks
      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

kwl thx Stephen Ellis, can't wait.

good luck on squashing those bugs we need stable releases

Comment

Some more materials for Temporal AA Issue
          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lur-issue.html

Comment

Enhance support for mobile device is the best feature

Comment

UPDATE!

The 4.9.1 Hotfix is now live!

If you experience a bug with the 4.9.1 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.9.1

Fixed! UE-20265 ForEach 'Enum' node returns incorrect enum values
              Fixed! UE-20643 Enum to Byte conversion returns 2 for the first enum then 4 then 6 and so on rather than 0, 1, 2, etc
              Fixed! UE-20878 Child Blueprint getting certain property values cleared in cooked games
              Fixed! UE-20009 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_UnrealEd!operator<<() [editortransaction.cpp:157]
              Fixed! UE-20867 Issues converting enum to byte in BP
              Fixed! UE-20733 Disabling collision of an actor after an overlap event will cause the event to fire twice
              Fixed! UE-20466 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!UAnimSequence::GetBonePose() [animsequence.cpp:994]
              Fixed! UE-20413 Montage with negative value of curves doesn't work
              Fixed! UE-20496 Overlap checks during swept movement can generate repeated begin/end overlaps, or wrong end overlap event
              Fixed! UE-20146 Can't increase lightmap resolution on landscape, it crashes
              Fixed! UE-20202 Dynamic point lights generate shader compile errors on HTML5
              Fixed! UE-20492 Renamed/Copied code project folders fail to launch on to iOS
              Fixed! UE-20728 Editable Text crashes on Android
              Fixed! UE-20380 HTML5: Mac: RunMacHTML5LaunchHelper.command has incorrect file type in P4, causes error
              Fixed! UE-20419 Mono error encountered with packaged HTML5 sample
              Fixed! UE-20872 Enabling MSAA crashes when using metal
              Fixed! UE-20968 Offline Shader Compile has been disabled on Mac
              Note: When performing a launch on from the Mac to iOS the first time there will be an increase in the cook time as the shaders will be rebuilt.
              Fixed! UE-20928 Launch on for Android may crash or use wrong version of aapt
              Fixed! UE-20864 Launch on to Wi-Fi Android devices will fail
              Fixed! UE-20008 SunTemple exits to home screen on the iPad 4
              Fixed! UE-20590 Can't build UE4Game for IOS from PC
              Fixed! UE-12215 Sound effects continue to play when game is suspended on Android
              Fixed! UE-20692 Epic Games Launcher unhides while the editor is loading on Mac
              Fixed! UE-20991 Launch On for iOS does not automatically start
              Note: The Launch On feature for iOS on Mac has been temporarily disabled due to an incompatibility with Xcode 7.0. We are working on the issue for 4.10.
              Fixed! UE-20640 SSAO 4.9 perf regression fix
              Fixed! UE-20335 Blendable Weight set higher than 1.0 crashes
              Fixed! UE-20639 Crash on Mobile Previewing or Playing in a New Editor Viewport a Mobile/Tablet - Mobile/HTML Project
              Fixed! UE-20297 REGRESSION: HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent LOD transitions are broken in 4.9 and Main
              Fixed! UE-20172 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FBatchedElements::FSimpleElementBSSContainer::GetBSS() [batchedelements.h:308]
              Fixed! UE-20699 "Build Solution" does not work for GitHub users
              Fixed! UE-20291 Rev Oculus SDK to 0.7 / 0.6.18
              Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 09-15-2015, 02:12 PM.
              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

The hotfix is great thank you guys very very much. No word though on the packaging problems that caused 3-4 entries to not be finished this months jam? Really caused a headache for our team and ended up not packaging right anyway.
                Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Ah, saw new one was released. Will wait to hear from others if this includes enough fixes to switch to it and not have issues with PC based projects.
                  Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Question about mobile lighting and shadows / performance.

Hi everyone.
                    I have been gone from UE4 for 2 months but im back.
                    Currently updating the engine which will take a few hours.

So was hoping someone anyone who has tried and used the new ue4 mobile features... could tell me how the performance stacks up to previous versions.
                    Im super excited to test it myself. Shadows... omfg man... shadows. That is awesome.

Hows performance on lower end mobiles? Has this improved?

Engine better update now i am so amped.
                    http://celestialarch.com
                    Free UE4 things available. More coming

Comment

Hi Nsomnia,
                      I was one of those GameJam Teams this month that couldn't compile my game. The root cause was excessive file name size. With over 600+ over sized file names from Marketplace asset packs, I just flat didn't have the time to develop a game a resolve out all those file name issues in 4 days time. I will probably have a compiled version of my game latter this month as it's tricky work to rename assets inside of a project once it's started (How do I know this, don't ask!).

Just a note of clarification: It's the large directory names causing the problem, not specifically the filename. My directory names are HUGE and they are causing engine failures.
                      Last edited by Demolition Man; 09-16-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

One interesting side note,
                        I just installed the 4.9.1 engine and tried doing a test run of my Sept 2015 GameJam project. After recompiling the shaders, I got an impressive 3-4 FPS increase of the game speed IN THE EDITOR! Wow! Thanks Epic! I will try recompiling the game later this evening.
                        Last edited by Demolition Man; 09-15-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

New Fresh 4.9.1 Project with no starter content, First Person template: First thing that popped up was a loaderror: Failed import fort SkeletalMeshComponent
                          Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

Comment

I still have the aliasing issue like koola and the performance is still 15 to 20 FPS lower than on 4.83...

Comment

I still have the problem in 4.9.1 that if I compile one BP (which has a lot of childs) then one child turns dirty (so compile fails) and I have to open the BP of the child and compile it manually (then compiling works). It's a cyclical dependency issue since in the child I am spawning an actor which is child of itself (child of the child of the parent) and store this actor reference in a variable of the parents type. I already got this bug in 4.8 and I really hoped these annoying cyclical dependency issues would be finally fixed in 4.9...
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Sadly,turning on DOF on metal enabled ios devices will still crashes the game in 4.9.1

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...on-on-ios.html

Comment

Working...
                                X