No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After update to 4.9, the SCheckBox can't works as before, I found that the source code of SCheckBox is different as before, but I haven't find the method to make it works again. is there anyone knows how to fix this? Thank you!

Comment

Lot's of Widget stuff seems to be broken in 4.9, and for some breakages there are no workarounds. A lot of this I suspect is due to the new Cached Widget stuff / Invalidation stuff.

Comment

Do we have any clue with 4.9.1 is coming out?
        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
        -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
          It is already fixed in master branch and will hopefully be in 4.9.1 Setting the variables manually is not a solution, it's ugly and it's important (for me) to not loose the information from 4.8 since I basically use all the variables for configuring everything like building costs etc. So I will just wait for 4.9.1
          John, I've got a github account, how did you figure out that your issue has been resolved? Noob on git and wanted to learn how to follow development more closely. Thanks!
          "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
          -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

I also have huge problems with the 4.9 Release...

1. Aliasing problem "the same one koola has alreday reported"
            2.Huge Performnace drop, First Person starter theme "blueprint" runs on 4.83 with constant 120 FPS and with 4.9 between 103 and 115 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Adik View Post
              2.Huge Performance drop, First Person starter theme "blueprint" runs on 4.83 with constant 120 FPS and with 4.9 between 103 and 115 FPS.
              Seeing much the same. One of my projects in 4.8.3 has a DRAW stat time of ~0.8 ms(recorded with STAT UNIT), the same project in 4.9 takes 2+ ms. I also saw a few 20-30 FPS lag spikes in the first 1-2 minutes after opening the editor.

I know 2 ms doesn't seem like much, but it represents a ~250% increase in rendering time.
              Last edited by Axtel Sturnclaw; 09-13-2015, 08:04 PM. Reason: Running the project in 4.8.3, not 4.8.1

Comment

Would be interesting to know if this performnace drop is regular or just in combination on specific systems. Hopefully they fix it quick so we all can start working with 4.9.....

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Even though I was going to wait for a patch I decided to use it because I need some of the new features.

I been working on things from scratch so not a biggie at the moment.

My project is a fresh start in July 28 so it is not very advanced.

It does have some sort of stutter compared to 4.8.3 but over all I am doing ok with it.

Comment

Is it possible to turn OFF the Makefile system for UHT in 4.9? It's actually causing me more problems than it's solving. I have to do full rebuilds manually whenever I change a Header File now, and it also keeps warning me about not being able to find a [ProjectName].dll.response file.

I can't post on Answerhub because it's not loading for me either

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                        I am really awaiting 4.9.1 since I finally want to be able to use 4.9, unfortunately the huge bug which is resetting all the parent variables in all child classes is not allowing me to use it at the moment. I still don't really get how you could release 4.9 with such a tremendous bug inside since it deletes all the information unrecoverable for anyone using childs which inherit variables from the parent...
                        Hey John, are you talking about THIS BUG? Or is it some new, shiny one, but similar?

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                          John, I've got a github account, how did you figure out that your issue has been resolved? Noob on git and wanted to learn how to follow development more closely. Thanks!
                          Well, Stephen Ellis posted a link to the fix on github here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post368774 So you don't need to learn how to use github, just read the forums here

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                          Hey John, are you talking about THIS BUG? Or is it some new, shiny one, but similar?
                          It's a new one, UE-20258.
                          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

When is 4.9.1 coming out? There's a lot of bugs (mainly what others have been saying here, and also a bug where enum is not properly converted from byte to enum in blackboard, returns none instead), and keeps crashing a lot too. Patiently awaiting!
                            lucasgovatos.net | Twitter | Epitasis - A Colorful Exploration Puzzle Game

Comment

Just make sure you did post the bug reproduction whatever bug you have been waiting to be fixed - if no one actually logged the bug, then you may not see the fix in the next hotfix.

Comment

It's very necessary to do longer and better previews; stable versions was supposed to be stable (I literally remember reading that from Epic). Of course, I understand a few bugs, but lately is coming to a point where stable versions seems like almost preview, with a lot of major bugs. Of course I don't expect this to change from Epic, as the new features sells better than simple stability, I just will keep at least 1 version behind, just in case.

Comment

Working...
                                X