Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job on 4.9! Looks promising

However I encountered a change in custom thunks with array properties that I can't find in the documentation, notably how the UArrayProperty is fetched and how the blueprint stub functions are declared. It causes crashes during compilation which couldn't be traced back to any of my functions. I managed to fix it by following and comparing KismetArrayLibrary.h from 4.8 and 4.9. Any comments on this? Which small changelog line did I miss that mentioned this?

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
      Huge problem: I can't edit any default values from parents!

And I wondered why some variables are set to a wrong value in the game... All the variables got reset to their parent's default's and I can't change it! What's the reason to use parent/child inheritance if you can't edit anything from the parent? It's completely broken...
      John, I had this issue too and it appears to be on 4.9 only as you suggest. I simply used nodes to set the variables.... There is an answerhub thing out there...

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-child-bp.html
      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
      -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

It is already fixed in master branch and will hopefully be in 4.9.1 Setting the variables manually is not a solution, it's ugly and it's important (for me) to not loose the information from 4.8 since I basically use all the variables for configuring everything like building costs etc. So I will just wait for 4.9.1
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Yeah, it is kinda ugly! Glad to see that its been fixed..... By the way, I own your mini map, nice job on it!
          "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
          -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
            By the way, I own your mini map, nice job on it!
            Thanks

Comment

Epic, please finally fix the PhysX crash which is occurring every few minutes in my game (UE-18808). It's making the game unplayable.

Comment

When UE going to release a good Ocean Shader with foam waves buoyancy underwater FX etc thing happed in water too you know...I been waiting and never see anything here on that area....

Comment

Originally posted by iMuse View Post
                  Like koola and others already stated, temporal AA hurts the eyes in this build

Have the same problem:
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lur-issue.html

Comment

I hate 4.9 already. It crashes all the time just like every version I have tried. I copied over my models and its trying to import them, Okay sure. But it takes 99% of my resources for quite a long time to do it. It asks for each one. NO. That is no good. Import all should do that import all. I don't add things I don't want imported to begin with. At least make the option to stop it from imorting work. It never ends up letting me hit the stop due to it not responding until the next import pops up. That causes the stop option to be not clickable. The crashes are annoying as they are every hour or two when I am working on things. Only this software is like that on my PC. The VR stops working also. I play the preview once in the rift then it stops displaying on the rift at all though it does track on screen. I HATE that it forces you to resart from the beginning of the import process seeing as it had already imported it... This is really stupid, and yes I am angry right now. FIX it!

Comment

Also crashes 100% of the time if I try to add a collision mesh to the new free content level. I remove the blocking volumes to add collision mesh to the parts and instant crash. Very Broken.

Comment

Originally posted by miketickle View Post
                        Also crashes 100% of the time if I try to add a collision mesh to the new free content level. I remove the blocking volumes to add collision mesh to the parts and instant crash. Very Broken.
                        And you get the same crash in 4.8 too?

Comment

I hate 4.9 already. It crashes all the time just like every version I have tried. ...
                          If you don't want to deal with the issues of a new build, and don't have time for them, like me, don't upgrade until the last hotfix is here, at that point you can very easily move to the new version and keep using it for a good while, because of this, one of the best builds out there is 4.7.6, which I've been using for a few months without too much problem, and after that 4.8.3, I would wait for now to use 4.9 major build if I were you.

Comment

Hi miketickle,

Have you reported these crashes and bugs to the answerhub in the bug report section? That is the best thing to do so we can address the problem properly. You can find a link to the bug reports section in my signature. In your bug report, please include what steps you are taking to reproduce each error (reported in separate bug reports if possible, it is much easier to help on individual bugs than it is to solve an entire list as the problems and solutions can become convoluted very quickly) as well as whether you see these occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or if you see them only in specific projects. Additionally, please include crash logs (located at \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\logs\), callstack, and dxdiags for the bugs.
                            Last edited by Adam Davis; 09-11-2015, 11:06 AM.
                            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by risc View Post
                              When UE going to release a good Ocean Shader with foam waves buoyancy underwater FX etc thing happed in water too you know...I been waiting and never see anything here on that area....
                              Why should Epic do this for you?

Comment

I am really awaiting 4.9.1 since I finally want to be able to use 4.9, unfortunately the huge bug which is resetting all the parent variables in all child classes is not allowing me to use it at the moment. I still don't really get how you could release 4.9 with such a tremendous bug inside since it deletes all the information unrecoverable for anyone using childs which inherit variables from the parent...

Comment

Working...
                                X