Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonpix View Post
    There's screenshot, not only framerate is lower, but number of objects and memory usage is higher. This objects number is interesting, how to check what caused additional almost 2000 objects?

EDIT: Another bug, when 'walking' with camera, and holding strafe keys (side movements, A/D keys) and look around with mouse, the camera is super jerky, no smooth looking around like in 4.8.
    Please report these bugs to the answerhub (link in signature) in the bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth.
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantoad View Post
      I have to say for us this has been by far the most problematic update so far. Also getting this when I hit play:

It's part of the VR template I guess, don't know what causes it.
      Please report this on the answerhub in the bug reports section so we can assist you further. In it, please include what steps you took to reproduce this on your end. Additionally, include whether this project was updated from a previous version or if it was created new in 4.9, whether this occurs in a clean project, and any additional information that may help us to determine what is occurring and potentially reproduce the error.
      Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

My game on android Galaxy s3: U 4.8 -34 fps up U4.9 52 fps ::))))))))))))
        Galaxy s2 : U 4.8 32 fps down U4.9 16 fps ((((((((((((((((((((

This update suxx :P i have many bugs .Etc... I stay with U4.8 .
        Last edited by jacenty; 09-03-2015, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Major FPS drop here from a 4.7 project opened in 4.9. And also getting the external packages error. Crashes when trying to run standalone...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
            Please report this on the answerhub in the bug reports section so we can assist you further. In it, please include what steps you took to reproduce this on your end. Additionally, include whether this project was updated from a previous version or if it was created new in 4.9, whether this occurs in a clean project, and any additional information that may help us to determine what is occurring and potentially reproduce the error.
            Was able to reproduce this with a clean VRTemplate project. Repro steps here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...te-and-49.html

Comment

Why can't I see the update in my launcher?

Comment

Nevermind I found it. Didn't see "add versions"! Duh..lol

Comment

Originally posted by jacenty View Post
                  Galaxy s2 : U 4.9 32 fps down U4.9 16 fps
                  I may be wrong here as I do not use UE4 with Android, but you may be seeing lower frame rates on older devices (S2) because 4.9 is using GL-3.0. I work with Android and WebGL for my "real" job, and I do see issues with OpenGL3.0 on older devices. Not all devices can compile the newer shaders.
                  In fact, Android is all over the place with OpenGL -- even the latest Samsung S6 is **** with rendering because of it's Motorola video driver.
                  [Plugin] Social Network (Facebook):https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...gin-(Facebook)

Comment

Originally posted by tonpix View Post
                    There's screenshot, not only framerate is lower, but number of objects and memory usage is higher. This objects number is interesting, how to check what caused additional almost 2000 objects?
                    same problem here.

Comment

So how the hell do you turn on the HLOD preview?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                        Please report these bugs to the answerhub (link in signature) in the bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth.
                        I have the same problem in a scene of mine. I also made some small benchmarks with the a blank project. I have used the same answerhub post as tonpix did: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...jects-cou.html
                        Working at the University of Groningen
                        UE4 on a huge display
                        UE4 VRPN plugin

Comment

UE-17453 still HASN'T been fixed. Epic I'm dissapoint. :/

What I'm talking about
                          Last edited by ItsBenji90; 09-03-2015, 08:39 AM.
                          Ben Halpin - Lead Developer - Lazy Games
                          Overdosed on Early Access: Overdosed - A Trip To Hell
                          Give a 'like' on fb: https://www.facebook.com/Properlazygames Give a 'follow' on twitter: https://twitter.com/ProperLazyGames And why not check out www.lazygames.org

Comment

everything went purrfect without a hitch, win 10/64

I feel i'm in a wilderness traveling north... farther north than I've ever been before...

life found a way...

Comment

Originally posted by TooManyfps
                              I saw in the tech news today that UE4.9 is already out and was surprised because 4.8 is not long ago.
                              I just went over this thread and from page 2 on it is about bugs.
                              Not sure, but longer development cycles + more testing would be better in my opinion.
                              Seems to be 'head over heels' release ethics.
                              Hey, Nothing could be more wrong. Years back tried out Cryengine, Pushing back update cycles doesn't mean your end up with working tools. Every time updates were released something else that was working got broken. But they if you lucky released updates every 3-6 months.

Keep in mind we do have source access, id rather have epic doing updates monthly (or near enough) that have issues, because if if epics release pattern was 6-12 months i can guarantee you we would still get the same bugs. No such thing as perfect code, Perfect code dev tools, compilers, release platform code. It's chucking loads of things in a blender and hoping things come out OK. Release cycles will never solve that.

Keep the Faith, Epic are far from perfect but in my eye's the best of the bunch. J

Comment

One thing that was marked as done on the trello board was the Mesh Component FOV thing (To Render FirstPerson Meshes with different FOV )

Is there anyone at Epic that can give out more info on this? It's really important for the type of project i am working on, (wondering if its anywhere on github?)

Comment

Working...
                                X