No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting. Updating my project made my terrain fluorescent. Only shows this way in the editor and not during play. It's also crashing my video driver (Nvidia GTX870 on Win 10)

Last edited by Devfo Studios; 09-02-2015, 02:07 AM.
    [Plugin] Social Network (Facebook):https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...gin-(Facebook)

Comment

Originally posted by Devfo Studios View Post
      This is interesting. Updating my project made my terrain fluorescent. Only shows this way in the editor and not during play.

This looks like the navmesh preview, try pressing "P" to disable it
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        This looks like the navmesh preview, try pressing "P" to disable it
        OK, i feel stupid now... that was it
        [Plugin] Social Network (Facebook):https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...gin-(Facebook)

Comment

If you are experiencing the Redirectors bug listed earlier, please post to this thread or go here for updates:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ctors-bug.html
          Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

I'm sorry to repeat it, but I really want to move 4.8 project to 4.9 mainly because of AO mask. If solution isn't obvious, how can I check what's happening at 98%? Any log files? The duplicated project folder doesn't have any logs (project folder > Saved > Logs, no such folder).

Originally posted by tonpix View Post
            I'm having difficulties with convertin 4.8 project to 4.9. I opened it as copy in 4.9, but it hangs at 98%, engine stops responding according to Task Manager and it's like that for 5-10mins before I do ctrl-alt-del. It's really simple project, small landscape with trees and BP for walking character. Any suggestions? Any way to debug/read logs?

Comment

Originally posted by tonpix View Post
              I'm sorry to repeat it, but I really want to move 4.8 project to 4.9 mainly because of AO mask. If solution isn't obvious, how can I check what's happening at 98%? Any log files? The duplicated project folder doesn't have any logs (project folder > Saved > Logs, no such folder).
              Hi tonpix,

Try verifying your engine build by going to the launcher>library>4.9 context menu>verify. If this does not fix your error, please report this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature). In the answerhub report, please include your dxdiag, steps taken, and if you are able to open a clean, blank project from 4.9 or if no projects will open at all.
              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with texture streaming? I often have textures streaming in and everything is popping in and out of very low-res mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lincoln View Post
                  Hi Schala Zeal,

VS 2015 support is still experimental and not fully implemented. For 4.9, it is only available when building the Engine from source code. To be able to build the Engine using VS 2015, you would need to run the GenerateProjectFiles.bat file with the -2015 parameter. The simplest way to do this would be to make a shortcut for the GenerateProjectFiles.bat file, then edit the properties of the shortcut to add " -2015" at the end of the Target field (make sure to include a space before the dash symbol). Double-clicking on the shortcut will then run the batch file with the -2015 parameter included.

You could also open a Windows Explorer window and navigate to the root folder where you saved the Engine source code. Hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty area of the folder, and then select the "Open command window here" option. When the window opens, type in "GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2015" and press Enter.

Tim
                  Hi, I still get this error....

F:\UnrealEngine>GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2015
                  Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...

GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: We couldn't find a valid installation of Visual Studio. This program requires either Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2012. Please check that you have Visual Studio installed, then verify that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\InstallDir (or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\InstallDir on 32-bit machines) registry value is set. Visual Studio configures this value when it is installed, and this program expects it to be set to the '\Common7\IDE\' sub-folder under a valid Visual Studio installation directory.
                  Have VS2015 RTM (community) along with Windows 10 SDK RTM installed.

EDIT: I was able to get 2015 project files by adding and modify some batch tools. Hopefully it will compile...
                  Last edited by Alessiot89; 09-02-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                    I am getting frequent crashes selecting multiple parameter nodes in the material editor (Assertion failed IsValid()). Beware, don't try to ctrl+click on parameters. For what it's worth I was clicking on scalar and vector parameters in no particular order.
                    This bug is known and logged internally as UE-20401.
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                      Hi tonpix,

Try verifying your engine build by going to the launcher>library>4.9 context menu>verify. If this does not fix your error, please report this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature). In the answerhub report, please include your dxdiag, steps taken, and if you are able to open a clean, blank project from 4.9 or if no projects will open at all.
                      Actually I've solved it by accident. When I tried converting again and it hanged, after ctrl+alt+deling and opening Task Manager, I've noticed that engine was using HDD heavily, something was copying.. after quick investigate, it turned out that Matinee recordings were the reason the engine was hanging and crashing - 65GB of uncompressed recordings in Saved/Video folder.

EDIT: Deleting videos solved it.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                        "LocalizationTargetTypes.h(25): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'FString'" (+ a bunch more errors in the same file)

huh....
                        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ant-build.html

Comment

in 4.9 i have error when try to build my game(in 4.7 all works, in 4.8 i didn't try...), here is last log message, any idea what UE wont from me?

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd:
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Execution of commandlet took: 59.19 seconds
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 97,3705693s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=1
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Cook failed.
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace: в Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в BuildCommand.Execute()
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Program.Main()InnerException in AutomationUtils.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for D:\Games\UE4_sources\UE_projects\HALO\HALO.uproject; see log C:\Users\zip\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+Games+UE4_sources+LAUNCHER+Unreal+Engine+4.9\Cook-2015.09.02-20.07.12.txt
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace: в AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(String ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_UnknownCookFailure
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                          PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

Comment

Okay, after converting to 4.9, I've noticed I have lower framerate by 5-10 FPS. Same camera, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps 4.9 has different default settings anywhere than 4.8 that lowered framerate from 50ish to 40ish?

Comment

There's screenshot, not only framerate is lower, but number of objects and memory usage is higher. This objects number is interesting, how to check what caused additional almost 2000 objects?

EDIT: Another bug, when 'walking' with camera, and holding strafe keys (side movements, A/D keys) and look around with mouse, the camera is super jerky, no smooth looking around like in 4.8.

Comment

I have to say for us this has been by far the most problematic update so far. Also getting this when I hit play:

It's part of the VR template I guess, don't know what causes it.

Comment

Working...
                                X