No announcement yet.

Engine Features Preview 8/20/2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome stuff! Pivot offset is a lifesaver- saves so much time going back and forth from maya to change pivots!
    Also love the BP align features!

Can't wait for hair/fur shading on the roadmap- hopefully it comes with 4.10!
    ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Amazing. Making changes to spline points to set Scale and rotation is a cool feature. And yeah ! Blueprint alignment and color picker changes will be a great time saver.

Comment

Thanks for the update!
        Any plans for hardware cursor support?
        Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
        Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

Comment

The new spline features are amazing. I wish I hadn't been so impatient that I added array-based manual tweaking of scale and rotation for my spline-built actors, as now I'll have to go back and refactor that stuff (since using editor widgets for tweaking is obviously superior)

I suppose the real question now is the degree to which these functions work with existing nodes; when getting the world rotation at a spline point, does the new spline up direction factor in? Do these additions play nice with nodes like Set Start and End for Spline Mesh components (if the spline itself is being used to construct a series of spline meshes along it)?

Comment

This is all great, but... What about the feature that will read my mind and construct the game? I thought that was going to be in 4.9. <pfft> Looks like I'll have to wait for .10!!!
            "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
            -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

in 4.9, any news about in-app purchase payment or official tutorial would be appreciated!!

Comment

Oh wow, the pivot improvements are super nice. Great work!
                W3 Studios

Comment

BP alignment is great. It's missing a "straight-line" or "align pins" option though, maybe it's just me but it looks so much cleaner when all lines are straight

Comment

It's been a while since we don't get another engine features preview...
                    Jefferson Pinheiro

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiguis View Post
                      It's been a while since we don't get another engine features preview...
                      Agreed, I am eagerly waiting a new features preview.
                      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. Right now the new features will be less of a focus for a little while. The majority of what has been going into 4.10, as you can see from github, are bug fixes and improvements to features. I have pulled a couple of new features aside for an upcoming news post, but I want to get some more content ready before publishing it.
                        Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                        Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                          ... bug fixes and improvements to features ...
                          This is great news!
                          Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Comment

Thanks Lord, for the new Color Picker. Amen.
                            YouTube:Coruja Games
                            Twitter:@_corujagames
                            Facebook:@corujagames
                            Instagram:@_corujagames

Comment

Originally posted by Bajee View Post
                              This is great news!
                              Yes it is!
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                                Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. Right now the new features will be less of a focus for a little while. The majority of what has been going into 4.10, as you can see from github, are bug fixes and improvements to features. I have pulled a couple of new features aside for an upcoming news post, but I want to get some more content ready before publishing it.
                                Thank the gods for a focus on bug fixing / improvements \o/
                                WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                                World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                                WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Working...
                                X