This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illusionweaver View Post
    Is this problem fixed in 4.9? (UE-17032)
    Hi Illusionweaver -

It looks currently that this issue is still in process and will likely not be ready for 4.9 release.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
      Hi Illusionweaver -

It looks currently that this issue is still in process and will likely not be ready for 4.9 release.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum
      Ouch, that means that VR projects are still stuck in 4.7 until 4.10 is released? That's not good

Comment

Originally posted by Roccinio View Post
        I did some digging and it turns out that this is still under assessment. We have not found a consistent reproduction so we're still looking into what is going on and what the root cause of it is.
        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
          Hey John -

Can you let me know if you are attempting to apply this material to a Custom Mesh (Procedurally Generated) or an imported mesh?

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum
          Hi Eric, I have never used procedurally generated meshes, so I use a regular imported mesh.
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hey Illusionweaver -

You may want to test 4.9 Preview 1, it looks like a interim fix has been applied to allow for this issue to work correctly though it is still considered in testing at the moment.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Comment

Every time I click the "+" button in a landscape grass type to add a new type of grass, the editor crashes.

Comment

Another thing I noticed is, I can no longer type "lerp" in the material editor, I need to type "linear interpolate" to find the node. Same with "+", it does not find anything, I need to search for "add".

Comment

Originally posted by indygoof View Post
                  YES YES YES YES YES YES FINALLY THANKS!

I know quite many were waiting for exactly that!

/Indy
                  +1 on that

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                    @jacenty Punctuation marks aren't pack animals

Thanks for this preview! Will try it as soon as possible. Your download servers are a bit overloaded, I only get 1.6 MB/s.
                    that's quite fast internet speed mine only like 194 KB/s.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Omar I appreciate that you have registered to the forums to tell me about your internet speed Now I am sad, since it's really slow I wish you best luck to get a better connection any time soon.

Comment

After I upgraded to Win10, both 4.8 and 4.9P1 are causing my GPU to crash ("stopped responding and had to reset") randomly. After I hit Play, it resets after about 1-2 minutes. This behavior has been observed 5 times in a row.

For some reason, it doesn't seems to crash until I hit Play or manipulate actors in the level. Even if "Real Time" is on. I can edit blueprints just fine.

My GPU is a Gigabyte Radeon R9 285. Catalyst 15.7.1. Playing on the Third person template.

Using the -D3D12 switch, the GPU crashes immediately after the splash screen (when the Editor is going to open).
                        Jefferson Pinheiro

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiguis View Post
                          After I upgraded to Win10, both 4.8 and 4.9P1 are causing my GPU to crash ("stopped responding and had to reset") randomly. After I hit Play, it resets after about 1-2 minutes. This behavior has been observed 5 times in a row.

For some reason, it doesn't seems to crash until I hit Play or manipulate actors in the level. Even if "Real Time" is on. I can edit blueprints just fine.

My GPU is a Gigabyte Radeon R9 285. Catalyst 15.7.1. Playing on the Third person template.

Using the -D3D12 switch, the GPU crashes immediately after the splash screen (when the Editor is going to open).
                          yup same here it's dx12 bug as the same issue is in 4.10.0

Comment

Code:
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.50:393][266]LogHotReload: New module detected: UE4Editor-ASocketTest-3071-Mac-DebugGame.dylib
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.50:404][267]LogHotReload: Starting Hot-Reload from IDE
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Could not find existing class TCPSocket in package /Script/ASocketTest for HotReload, assuming new class
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetAction is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetFloatArray is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetInteger is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetIntegerArray is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetNamespace is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetString is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageGetStringArray is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageInit is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:025][267]LogClass: Function JsonMessageSetString is new.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:033][267]LogHotReload: Re-instancing TCPSocket after hot-reload.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:358][267]LogBlueprint:Error: [compiler TheLevel] Error COMPILER ERROR: failed building connection with 'HOTRELOADED TCPSocket 0 Reference is not compatible with TCPSocket Reference.' at  Set Socket 
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:359][267]LogBlueprint:Error: [compiler TheLevel] Error This blueprint (self) is not a TCPSocket, therefore ' Target ' must have a connection.
                            [2015.07.31-08.52.51:363][267]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler TheLevel] Warning [0168.59] Compile of TheLevel failed. 2 Fatal Issue(s) 0 Warning(s) [in 13 ms]
                            Assertion failed: bCreateOnlyIfEmpty || !PointerToUberGraphFrame->RawPointer [File:/Users/build/BuildFarm/build_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 554]
                            For osx version, 4.8 hot reload warnings are now registered as fatal issues, and are crashing the editor after a compile...

Comment

Great features and improvements, keep it up, looking forward Is UE-16448 fixed in first preview ?

Comment

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                                Great features and improvements, keep it up, looking forward Is UE-16448 fixed in first preview ?
                                Hi nonder,

This bug is still under assessment by the development staff and has not yet received a fix.
                                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X