X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    These are the new timer nodes:

Now I want to execute a function named "DoStuff" once after 1 second. How? Before I just typed "DoStuff" in the text field of the set timer node. But how do I get a delegate from the function now? Events have delegate pins, but not functions. And even with events, if I want to start a timer for a event from a function, how do I get the delegate from the event?
    The Set Time by Delegate has existed for awhile, but in 4.9 we are making it The Way (tm) as it is both more performant and less fragile.

You can create a delegate pointer by name by connecting a Create Event node to the delegate (as you can see in the screenshot for clarity we labeled it as Event instead of Delegate which should be in a later preview release) and object that you need and then picking the function to use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CreateEvent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1082817

There are still some polish aspects to Create Event that will make it a bit easier to use (primarily making the Object default to self rather than needing to connect a node in) which will hopefully be in 4.9, but that is not guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
      Can we expect the feature that was talked about that would allow us to use different meshes for different "ages" of foliage types, in the final 4.9 release? Please can I get an answer on this, it keeps getting ignored when asked.
      Looks like no, that has not been implemented.

Cheers,
      Michael Noland

Comment

I have posted in the answerhub a month ago a few questions regarding "memory leaks" with 4.9 when i try to package my game and in general PIE usage. With 16GB of RAM (in my system) the editor was taking about 11-12 GB after about an hour of usage and that resulted in crashes especially when i tried to package my game since that added another few gigs on top of the other. I decided to upgrade to 32GB (for a paper2d project! :P ) but unfortunatelly nothing changed.

Code:
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.21:757][  0]LogMemory:Warning: Freeing 33554432 bytes from backup pool to handle out of memory.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.21:758][  0]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:242][  0]LogWindows: === Critical error: ===
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: 
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 77] 
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Ran out of memory allocating 1335811760 bytes with alignment 0
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:463][  0]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:634][  0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: ..\..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2973) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:637][  0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: ..\..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2973) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:639][  0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: ..\..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2973) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:640][  0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: ..\..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2973) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.07.29-20.16.22:642][  0]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 4200,9320855s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Cook failed.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace:    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at BuildCommand.Execute()
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()InnerException in AutomationUtils.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\UE4\Spartan 4.9 Preview 1\Spartan.uproject; see log C:\Users\w\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+4.9\Cook-2015.07.29-23.16.22.txt
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace:    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(String ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.CookCommandlet(String ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String[] Maps, String[] Dirs, String InternationalizationPreset, String[] Cultures, String TargetPlatform, String Parameters)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_UnknownCookFailure
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
        PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure.

Does that log indicate a memory leak? Is it normal to run out of 32GB of RAM for a sprite based project? There is definitely something wrong there....

Thank you.
        Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 07-30-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

The new motion controller support doesn't include Razer Hydra yet, does it?

Comment

Half of my materials were switched to the "UI" material domain. No idea why.

Reflections have also been broken. Take a look at this : http://i.imgur.com/Hgdfabp.jpg
            Updating captures on scene reflection probes fixed the issue.

Also it crashes a lot. Sent reports.
            Last edited by StrangerGwenn; 07-29-2015, 05:39 PM.
            Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by NickDarnell View Post
              I suspect the function name will end up being, GetTheLastGeometryForTheWidgetYesIAcceptAllResponsibilityAndAmAwareOfThePandorasBoxIAmAboutToOpenIGotThisBro()
              Awesome work Epic and best function name ever =)
              W3 Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Devero View Post
                Awesome work Epic and best function name ever =)
                I especially like the "IGotThisBro" part. Great Thinking!

Comment

Still trying to ge an answer to this - trello said that 4.9 has experimental VS2015 support. Does this still hold true or was that pushed back for 4.10?

Comment

Can we get a pretty picture of the area shadows? Please

Comment

There's some amazing stuff here; Blowing me away just looking at the changelog; Great work everyone!
                      KITATUS
                      "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by OCASM View Post
                        Can we get a pretty picture of the area shadows? Please
                        You can see them demoed in this test scene from the Engine Features Preview from a couple of weeks ago.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...view-7-10-2015
                        Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                        UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                          Still trying to ge an answer to this - trello said that 4.9 has experimental VS2015 support. Does this still hold true or was that pushed back for 4.10?
                          The experimental state of VS2015 support is not yet ready for the 4.9 Preview, however we expect it to be available for the final 4.9.0 release. Be aware that it will still be considered experimental, and only available via source code/Github.

Cheers
                          Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                            Half of my materials were switched to the "UI" material domain. No idea why.

Reflections have also been broken. Take a look at this : http://i.imgur.com/Hgdfabp.jpg
                            Updating captures on scene reflection probes fixed the issue.

Also it crashes a lot. Sent reports.
                            Hi Gwenn -

Could you post an AnswerHub for the Crashes you are experiencing, so we can track easier and hopefully resolve them before the 4.9 final release? Remember to include any reproduction steps you might have come across and the Machine ID.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Comment

Originally posted by Roccinio View Post
                              I have posted in the answerhub a month ago a few questions regarding "memory leaks" with 4.9 when i try to package my game and in general PIE usage. With 16GB of RAM (in my system) the editor was taking about 11-12 GB after about an hour of usage and that resulted in crashes especially when i tried to package my game since that added another few gigs on top of the other. I decided to upgrade to 32GB (for a paper2d project! :P ) but unfortunatelly nothing changed.

...log info...

Does that log indicate a memory leak? Is it normal to run out of 32GB of RAM for a sprite based project? There is definitely something wrong there....

Thank you.
                              Hi Roccinio,

Can you link me to the answerhub post or, if a bug has already been reported, post the bug report tracking number? I'll be happy to take a look and see what the status of that is.
                              Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 07-30-2015, 11:35 AM.
                              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Any word if this error is still present in this version of 4.9?

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...uct-error.html
                                Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

Working...
                                X