Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iv been using unreal engine 4 on windows 10 insider preview soon as it came out and works fine just for me so i dont need the compatabilty realy

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
      Hi John -

Can you be more specific as to what types of materials are exhibiting this behavior? A screenshot of the material setup would also be help to track down this issue for you.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum
      After starting up my project in 4.9 again I actually get the whole log spammed with this:

LogStaticMesh:Warning: Adjacency information not built for static mesh with a material that requires it. Using default material instead.
      Material: /Game/Assets/Buildings/MainBuilding/M_Wood_Floor_Walnut_Polished.M_Wood_Floor_Walnut_Polished
      StaticMesh: /Game/Assets/Buildings/MainBuilding/Main_Building_Single.Main_Building_Single

I can actually cut down the material to only a texture sample which goes into the base color, but I still get the warning in the log and the default material on the mesh. Once I disable "flat tesselation" and set it to "no tesselation" and apply it the problem disappears.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
        Does this make the raw PCM samples available as well?
        Nothing has changed about the API we've simply moved the ogg decompression (mostly) off the main thread so it doesn't block and hitch when the audio device requests additional data.

Comment

These are the new timer nodes:

Now I want to execute a function named "DoStuff" once after 1 second. How? Before I just typed "DoStuff" in the text field of the set timer node. But how do I get a delegate from the function now? Events have delegate pins, but not functions. And even with events, if I want to start a timer for a event from a function, how do I get the delegate from the event?

Another thing, if I try to start my game in standalone in 4.9, I get this:

What has changed in 4.9 so that I get this now?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Audy View Post
            Nothing has changed about the API we've simply moved the ogg decompression (mostly) off the main thread so it doesn't block and hitch when the audio device requests additional data.
            I did something similar in my own branch, but it's bugged in some way, so I guess I'll just dive into the guts of the new system to get what I need. Thanks Mark
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

In 4.8, I'm sometimes getting an error from emscripten/python while compiling for html. This is especially happening when I create a new project.
              Moving to emscripten folder and running "emcc --clear-cache" and "embuilder.py build struct_info" solves the problem.

If I'm correct, emcc is integrated to 4.9 (there is no SDK settings in project settings). Am I correct?
              How will 4.9 behave if cache or struct_info has a problem? Will it be possible to handle this?

Comment

https://forums.unrealengine.com/node/0

Can I has this node?

Marketplace Link: https://goo.gl/GGdV9m
                twitter.com/tzenku | tzenku.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                  These are the new timer nodes:

Now I want to execute a function named "DoStuff" once after 1 second. How? Before I just typed "DoStuff" in the text field of the set timer node. But how do I get a delegate from the function now? Events have delegate pins, but not functions. And even with events, if I want to start a timer for a event from a function, how do I get the delegate from the event?

Another thing, if I try to start my game in standalone in 4.9, I get this:

What has changed in 4.9 so that I get this now?
                  Hey!

You create a custom event named xxxx. You bind that custom event to the timer with the red square and then you call that custom event from somewhere when you want your timer to start. I wanted to post a picture you help you even more but it doesn't let me.

For your second problem just move the project folder to a different location (like the desktop) Load and the errors will be hopefully gone.
                  Last edited by Roccinio; 07-29-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks, but having to draw these delegate/event wires through the whole event graph is really, really ugly.

Comment

Does anyone know what is causing this and what i must do to cure it? This is the first time i see it.

LogActor:Warning: GameSession /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_SpartanPersistantLevel.SpartanPersistantLevel:PersistentLevel.GameSession_8 has natively added scene component(s), but none of them were set as the actor's RootComponent - picking one arbitrarily
                      LogActor:Warning: GameNetworkManager /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_SpartanPersistantLevel.SpartanPersistantLevel:PersistentLevel.GameNetworkManager_8 has natively added scene component(s), but none of them were set as the actor's RootComponent - picking one arbitrarily

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by acallado View Post
                        Oculus VR preview still broken... *sigh*
                        That's a joke, right? Seriously, IS THIS A JOKE?

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

... and how to call a delegate which is on another graph (it's simply not possible to connect pins then...)? I then would need something like a 'delegateTo'-node from which I could juse to call the target event or function...
                          Last edited by spyro; 07-29-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Please keep in mind that this is a preview, it is not the full release of 4.9. There may be things that have not yet been implemented in this build, so keep an eye out for future preview releases for additional information!
                            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by acallado
                              Oculus VR preview still broken... *sigh*
                              Originally posted by spyro View Post
                              That's a joke, right? Seriously, IS THIS A JOKE?
                              Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
                              It works for me. Are you on OVR SDK 0.6.1?
                              According to the comment from muchcharles posted earlier in this thread, the VR Preview is working as expected. If you test it out and find that you encounter a problem, please post the details as soon as possible to the AnswerHub.
                              Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                              Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Can we expect the feature that was talked about that would allow us to use different meshes for different "ages" of foliage types, in the final 4.9 release? Please can I get an answer on this, it keeps getting ignored when asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X