X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
    The red screen on Nexus 9 issue was fixed for 4.9 but a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added. Here is the GitHub commit to fix it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...2484c15428e1fa
    In first time compile."Development Editor" "Win64"
    I have compile issue even now.

Error 4 error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 UE4
    Error 1 error C2065: 'bAttributeLessDraw' : undeclared identifier G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLCommands.cpp 2803 1 UE4
    Error 2 error C1020: unexpected #endif G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLCommands.cpp 2809 1 UE4
    Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv.dll G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4

Edit the"BaseEngine.ini",and compile"Development" "Win64" and "Development" "Android".
    I have lot of error.
    Last edited by pafupafu; 08-26-2015, 04:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
    Personally I dont think so. AFAIK MSAA with deferred shading doesn't work well(bad performance?). Though I'm not a rendering dude so I might be wrong...
    I know about the issues regarding MSAA and deferred rendering, but how can they add it on mobile then? Do they not use deferred rendering on mobile?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Level Blueprints can now be communicated with via interfaces using the Get Streaming Level node"

How can I implement these?Thanks!

And there maybe a BUG concerning Decal on mobile,posted here:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...obile-bug.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Will we also get MSAA support on DirectX, so on desktop platforms?
    Personally I dont think so. AFAIK MSAA with deferred shading doesn't work well(bad performance?). Though I'm not a rendering dude so I might be wrong...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added.
    Will we also get MSAA support on DirectX, so on desktop platforms?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are we gonna see Sequencer and the Skeletal Animation Tool in 4.9?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pafupafu View Post
    Was the issue of red screen of Nexus 9 solved in this Preview 4?
    I can't build with VS2013.
    The red screen on Nexus 9 issue was fixed for 4.9 but a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added. Here is the GitHub commit to fix it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...2484c15428e1fa

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anybody with strange error while pressing "Compile" from Editor?
    Just trying to compile a very basic c++ class which was perfectly working on 4.8, but doesn't on 4.9 due to this strange error:

Warning: Starting HotReload took 0.0s.
    CompilerResultsLog: New page: Compilation - Aug 26, 2015, 12:21:57 AM
    CompilerResultsLog: Info
    CompilerResultsLog: Info Running Mono...
    CompilerResultsLog: Info
    CompilerResultsLog: Info Setting up Mono
    CompilerResultsLog: Info ~/ue4.9-p4/Engine ~/ue4.9-p4/Engine/Binaries/Mac
    CompilerResultsLog: Info Compiling game modules for hot reload
    CompilerResultsLog: Info Performing 2 actions (8 in parallel)
    CompilerResultsLog: Info [1/2] Compile PlayCloud.cpp
    CompilerResultsLog: Info [2/2] Link UE4Editor-TestProject-2556-Mac-Debug.dylib
    CompilerResultsLog: Info clang: error: no such file or directory: '???/Users/marborromeo/Documents/Unreal Projects/TestProject/Intermediate/Build/Mac/UE4Editor/Debug/TestProject/TestProject.cpp.o'
    CompilerResultsLog: Info -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
    CompilerResultsLog: Info ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: /Users/marborromeo/Documents/Unreal Projects/TestProject/Binaries/Mac/UE4Editor-TestProject-2556-Mac-Debug.dylib
    CompilerResultsLog: Info Total build time: 12.71 seconds
    LogMainFrame: MainFrame: Module compiling took 14.394 seconds
    Warning: HotReload failed, recompile failed
    UE4.9 compiled from source (commit f5e5090 - tag 4.9.0-preview-4) on OSX 10.10.4 / XCode 6.4 + custom patch (removed "-fno-rtti" from MacToolChain.cs).

Maybe that "???" in the path is preventing the linker to find the object file? How can i get rid of those question marks?
    Last edited by mborromeo; 08-25-2015, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
    Also when packing a game for android the packing seems to hang on:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.08.19-11.15.23:259][ 0]LogSavePackage:Warning: Finished SavePackage C:/Users/KillerSneak/Documents/Unreal Projects/Balloony PoP Revised 4.9/Saved/Cooked/Android/Engine/Content/EditorMeshes/ColorCalibrator/SM_ColorCalibrator.uasset

For a very long time compared to Preview3, it does complete build but it's just something I observed.
    Hey KillerSneak,

Have you submitted an AnswerHub for this issue you're having with Android? If not, could you please create one and provide us with a full .txt file of the error?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mosel3y View Post
    Small bug in preview 4: When adding a TextRender component to a blueprint actor and changing its text value, it won't update the change in the blueprint viewport until you save and close the blueprint, then re-open it.
    Hi Mosel3y,

I was able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UE-20355, to be assessed by the development staff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was the issue of red screen of Nexus 9 solved in this Preview 4?
    I can't build with VS2013.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure if it is intended but if I edit axis or action mappings and have some groups closed and I add a new mapping to an opened group, several other groups open up themselves.
    This can be quite annoying if you have many groups with multiple mappings...

EDIT: Another bug:
    The array get input pin is hard to plug in:
    Last edited by TriNityGER; 08-25-2015, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Small bug in preview 4: When adding a TextRender component to a blueprint actor and changing its text value, it won't update the change in the blueprint viewport until you save and close the blueprint, then re-open it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
    Engine crashes when I attempt to copy a texture sample from one material editor to another.

Code:
    Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: TextureReferenceIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\HLSLMaterialTranslator.h

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Texture() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:2717]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionFunctionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:7563]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionTextureSample::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:1314]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMatExpressionPreview::CompilePropertyAndSetMaterialProperty() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:143]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Translate() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:277]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::BeginCompileShaderMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1434]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1377]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1289]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::GetExpressionPreview() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3705]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::RefreshExpressionPreviews() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3650]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::UpdateMaterialAfterGraphChange() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3459]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodesHere() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3409]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3306]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
    UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,void __cdecl(void)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:388]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ConditionalProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:206]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:150]
    UE4Editor_GraphEditor!SGraphEditorImpl::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\sgrapheditorimpl.cpp:66]
    UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>::operator()() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3913]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FKeyEvent,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:214]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::RouteAlongFocusPath<FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>,FKeyEvent>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:196]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessKeyDownEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3914]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3836]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1259]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1708]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:706]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:628]
    user32
    user32
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:792]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
    Hi Bladerskb -

Can you let me know exact what type of material (material attributes) which you are copying from and pasting into? Also are you using a project that has been converted from 4.8.X or a fresh project from 4.9? As much information as you can give me for a reproduction would be helpful.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to see your PATH variable contents to see why it doesn't work for you.
    Hey Chris - I can grab those tomorrow for you, where do I find them exactly?

I know that I was also having trouble with Environment Variables when it came to using TADP.. Also I thought you may wanna know, I installed the new AndroidWorks system that came with 4.9 - didn't work with 4.9 of course because of the above problem, but went back to the 4.8 version of my project and the debugger instantly worked. It's like a transformation...

There are a few issues though. If the engine hits a Breakpoint or a 'check', VS doesn't take you to that location in code, the debugger just stops. You have to check LogCat to figure out where the crash was which unfortunately means you don't get a callstack to debug the issue further. I did however manage to at least fix the game insta-crashing in 4.8, turns out we had some NAN vectors being generated from our Orbit generator. Took three days but got there eventually :P It seems as if the PC / Windows .exe can gracefully handle NAN's when they're generated, but the Clang-compiled version doesn't like them at all..

Is the debugger meant to just exit like that, or should you hit checks / breakpoints in Unreal as well? This is 4.8 of course, so I imagine that version isn't fully integrated with Android Works yet..
    Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-24-2015, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X