Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small bug in preview 4: When adding a TextRender component to a blueprint actor and changing its text value, it won't update the change in the blueprint viewport until you save and close the blueprint, then re-open it.

Comment

Not sure if it is intended but if I edit axis or action mappings and have some groups closed and I add a new mapping to an opened group, several other groups open up themselves.
      This can be quite annoying if you have many groups with multiple mappings...

EDIT: Another bug:
      The array get input pin is hard to plug in:
      Last edited by TriNityGER; 08-25-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Was the issue of red screen of Nexus 9 solved in this Preview 4?
        I can't build with VS2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosel3y View Post
          Small bug in preview 4: When adding a TextRender component to a blueprint actor and changing its text value, it won't update the change in the blueprint viewport until you save and close the blueprint, then re-open it.
          Hi Mosel3y,

I was able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UE-20355, to be assessed by the development staff.
          Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
            Also when packing a game for android the packing seems to hang on:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.08.19-11.15.23:259][ 0]LogSavePackage:Warning: Finished SavePackage C:/Users/KillerSneak/Documents/Unreal Projects/Balloony PoP Revised 4.9/Saved/Cooked/Android/Engine/Content/EditorMeshes/ColorCalibrator/SM_ColorCalibrator.uasset

For a very long time compared to Preview3, it does complete build but it's just something I observed.
            Hey KillerSneak,

Have you submitted an AnswerHub for this issue you're having with Android? If not, could you please create one and provide us with a full .txt file of the error?

Thanks!
            Twitter @UnrealSamantha
            Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

Anybody with strange error while pressing "Compile" from Editor?
              Just trying to compile a very basic c++ class which was perfectly working on 4.8, but doesn't on 4.9 due to this strange error:

Warning: Starting HotReload took 0.0s.
              CompilerResultsLog: New page: Compilation - Aug 26, 2015, 12:21:57 AM
              CompilerResultsLog: Info
              CompilerResultsLog: Info Running Mono...
              CompilerResultsLog: Info
              CompilerResultsLog: Info Setting up Mono
              CompilerResultsLog: Info ~/ue4.9-p4/Engine ~/ue4.9-p4/Engine/Binaries/Mac
              CompilerResultsLog: Info Compiling game modules for hot reload
              CompilerResultsLog: Info Performing 2 actions (8 in parallel)
              CompilerResultsLog: Info [1/2] Compile PlayCloud.cpp
              CompilerResultsLog: Info [2/2] Link UE4Editor-TestProject-2556-Mac-Debug.dylib
              CompilerResultsLog: Info clang: error: no such file or directory: '???/Users/marborromeo/Documents/Unreal Projects/TestProject/Intermediate/Build/Mac/UE4Editor/Debug/TestProject/TestProject.cpp.o'
              CompilerResultsLog: Info -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
              CompilerResultsLog: Info ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: /Users/marborromeo/Documents/Unreal Projects/TestProject/Binaries/Mac/UE4Editor-TestProject-2556-Mac-Debug.dylib
              CompilerResultsLog: Info Total build time: 12.71 seconds
              LogMainFrame: MainFrame: Module compiling took 14.394 seconds
              Warning: HotReload failed, recompile failed
              UE4.9 compiled from source (commit f5e5090 - tag 4.9.0-preview-4) on OSX 10.10.4 / XCode 6.4 + custom patch (removed "-fno-rtti" from MacToolChain.cs).

Maybe that "???" in the path is preventing the linker to find the object file? How can i get rid of those question marks?
              Last edited by mborromeo; 08-25-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pafupafu View Post
                Was the issue of red screen of Nexus 9 solved in this Preview 4?
                I can't build with VS2013.
                The red screen on Nexus 9 issue was fixed for 4.9 but a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added. Here is the GitHub commit to fix it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...2484c15428e1fa

Comment

Are we gonna see Sequencer and the Skeletal Animation Tool in 4.9?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
                    a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added.
                    Will we also get MSAA support on DirectX, so on desktop platforms?
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                      Will we also get MSAA support on DirectX, so on desktop platforms?
                      Personally I dont think so. AFAIK MSAA with deferred shading doesn't work well(bad performance?). Though I'm not a rendering dude so I might be wrong...

Comment

"Level Blueprints can now be communicated with via interfaces using the Get Streaming Level node"

How can I implement these?Thanks!

And there maybe a BUG concerning Decal on mobile,posted here:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...obile-bug.html

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
                          Personally I dont think so. AFAIK MSAA with deferred shading doesn't work well(bad performance?). Though I'm not a rendering dude so I might be wrong...
                          I know about the issues regarding MSAA and deferred rendering, but how can they add it on mobile then? Do they not use deferred rendering on mobile?
                          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
                            The red screen on Nexus 9 issue was fixed for 4.9 but a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added. Here is the GitHub commit to fix it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...2484c15428e1fa
                            In first time compile."Development Editor" "Win64"
                            I have compile issue even now.

Error 4 error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 UE4
                            Error 1 error C2065: 'bAttributeLessDraw' : undeclared identifier G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLCommands.cpp 2803 1 UE4
                            Error 2 error C1020: unexpected #endif G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLCommands.cpp 2809 1 UE4
                            Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv.dll G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4

Edit the"BaseEngine.ini",and compile"Development" "Win64" and "Development" "Android".
                            I have lot of error.
                            Last edited by pafupafu; 08-26-2015, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Will this finally make my door able to rotate by pressing a key? It's been bugged for a while I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mborromeo View Post
                                Anybody with strange error while pressing "Compile" from Editor?
                                Just trying to compile a very basic c++ class which was perfectly working on 4.8, but doesn't on 4.9 due to this strange error:

UE4.9 compiled from source (commit f5e5090 - tag 4.9.0-preview-4) on OSX 10.10.4 / XCode 6.4 + custom patch (removed "-fno-rtti" from MacToolChain.cs).

Maybe that "???" in the path is preventing the linker to find the object file? How can i get rid of those question marks?
                                Nevermind, sounds like the issue has been fixed after the 4.9.0-preview-4 tag.
                                Cherry-picking commit a0e5767badb5ebb3d285633b1f45cc24ffebd8cc did the trick.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X