This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
    I'd like to see your PATH variable contents to see why it doesn't work for you.
    Hey Chris - I can grab those tomorrow for you, where do I find them exactly?

I know that I was also having trouble with Environment Variables when it came to using TADP.. Also I thought you may wanna know, I installed the new AndroidWorks system that came with 4.9 - didn't work with 4.9 of course because of the above problem, but went back to the 4.8 version of my project and the debugger instantly worked. It's like a transformation...

There are a few issues though. If the engine hits a Breakpoint or a 'check', VS doesn't take you to that location in code, the debugger just stops. You have to check LogCat to figure out where the crash was which unfortunately means you don't get a callstack to debug the issue further. I did however manage to at least fix the game insta-crashing in 4.8, turns out we had some NAN vectors being generated from our Orbit generator. Took three days but got there eventually :P It seems as if the PC / Windows .exe can gracefully handle NAN's when they're generated, but the Clang-compiled version doesn't like them at all..

Is the debugger meant to just exit like that, or should you hit checks / breakpoints in Unreal as well? This is 4.8 of course, so I imagine that version isn't fully integrated with Android Works yet..
    Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-24-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
      Engine crashes when I attempt to copy a texture sample from one material editor to another.

Code:
      Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: TextureReferenceIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\HLSLMaterialTranslator.h

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Texture() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:2717]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
      UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionFunctionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:7563]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
      UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionTextureSample::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:1314]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMatExpressionPreview::CompilePropertyAndSetMaterialProperty() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:143]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Translate() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:277]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::BeginCompileShaderMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1434]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1377]
      UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1289]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::GetExpressionPreview() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3705]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::RefreshExpressionPreviews() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3650]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::UpdateMaterialAfterGraphChange() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3459]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodesHere() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3409]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3306]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
      UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,void __cdecl(void)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:388]
      UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ConditionalProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:206]
      UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:150]
      UE4Editor_GraphEditor!SGraphEditorImpl::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\sgrapheditorimpl.cpp:66]
      UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>::operator()() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3913]
      UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FKeyEvent,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:214]
      UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::RouteAlongFocusPath<FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>,FKeyEvent>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:196]
      UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessKeyDownEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3914]
      UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3836]
      UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1259]
      UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1708]
      UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:706]
      UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:628]
      user32
      user32
      UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:792]
      UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
      UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
      UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
      UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
      Hi Bladerskb -

Can you let me know exact what type of material (material attributes) which you are copying from and pasting into? Also are you using a project that has been converted from 4.8.X or a fresh project from 4.9? As much information as you can give me for a reproduction would be helpful.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Comment

Small bug in preview 4: When adding a TextRender component to a blueprint actor and changing its text value, it won't update the change in the blueprint viewport until you save and close the blueprint, then re-open it.

Comment

Not sure if it is intended but if I edit axis or action mappings and have some groups closed and I add a new mapping to an opened group, several other groups open up themselves.
          This can be quite annoying if you have many groups with multiple mappings...

EDIT: Another bug:
          The array get input pin is hard to plug in:
          Last edited by TriNityGER; 08-25-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Was the issue of red screen of Nexus 9 solved in this Preview 4?
            I can't build with VS2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosel3y View Post
              Small bug in preview 4: When adding a TextRender component to a blueprint actor and changing its text value, it won't update the change in the blueprint viewport until you save and close the blueprint, then re-open it.
              Hi Mosel3y,

I was able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UE-20355, to be assessed by the development staff.
              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
                Also when packing a game for android the packing seems to hang on:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.08.19-11.15.23:259][ 0]LogSavePackage:Warning: Finished SavePackage C:/Users/KillerSneak/Documents/Unreal Projects/Balloony PoP Revised 4.9/Saved/Cooked/Android/Engine/Content/EditorMeshes/ColorCalibrator/SM_ColorCalibrator.uasset

For a very long time compared to Preview3, it does complete build but it's just something I observed.
                Hey KillerSneak,

Have you submitted an AnswerHub for this issue you're having with Android? If not, could you please create one and provide us with a full .txt file of the error?

Thanks!
                Twitter @UnrealSamantha
                Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
                Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

Anybody with strange error while pressing "Compile" from Editor?
                  Just trying to compile a very basic c++ class which was perfectly working on 4.8, but doesn't on 4.9 due to this strange error:

Warning: Starting HotReload took 0.0s.
                  CompilerResultsLog: New page: Compilation - Aug 26, 2015, 12:21:57 AM
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info Running Mono...
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info Setting up Mono
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info ~/ue4.9-p4/Engine ~/ue4.9-p4/Engine/Binaries/Mac
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info Compiling game modules for hot reload
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info Performing 2 actions (8 in parallel)
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info [1/2] Compile PlayCloud.cpp
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info [2/2] Link UE4Editor-TestProject-2556-Mac-Debug.dylib
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info clang: error: no such file or directory: '???/Users/marborromeo/Documents/Unreal Projects/TestProject/Intermediate/Build/Mac/UE4Editor/Debug/TestProject/TestProject.cpp.o'
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: /Users/marborromeo/Documents/Unreal Projects/TestProject/Binaries/Mac/UE4Editor-TestProject-2556-Mac-Debug.dylib
                  CompilerResultsLog: Info Total build time: 12.71 seconds
                  LogMainFrame: MainFrame: Module compiling took 14.394 seconds
                  Warning: HotReload failed, recompile failed
                  UE4.9 compiled from source (commit f5e5090 - tag 4.9.0-preview-4) on OSX 10.10.4 / XCode 6.4 + custom patch (removed "-fno-rtti" from MacToolChain.cs).

Maybe that "???" in the path is preventing the linker to find the object file? How can i get rid of those question marks?
                  Last edited by mborromeo; 08-25-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pafupafu View Post
                    Was the issue of red screen of Nexus 9 solved in this Preview 4?
                    I can't build with VS2013.
                    The red screen on Nexus 9 issue was fixed for 4.9 but a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added. Here is the GitHub commit to fix it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...2484c15428e1fa

Comment

Are we gonna see Sequencer and the Skeletal Animation Tool in 4.9?

Comment

a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added.
                        Will we also get MSAA support on DirectX, so on desktop platforms?
                        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                          Will we also get MSAA support on DirectX, so on desktop platforms?
                          Personally I dont think so. AFAIK MSAA with deferred shading doesn't work well(bad performance?). Though I'm not a rendering dude so I might be wrong...

Comment

"Level Blueprints can now be communicated with via interfaces using the Get Streaming Level node"

How can I implement these?Thanks!

And there maybe a BUG concerning Decal on mobile,posted here:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...obile-bug.html

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
                              Personally I dont think so. AFAIK MSAA with deferred shading doesn't work well(bad performance?). Though I'm not a rendering dude so I might be wrong...
                              I know about the issues regarding MSAA and deferred rendering, but how can they add it on mobile then? Do they not use deferred rendering on mobile?
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

The red screen on Nexus 9 issue was fixed for 4.9 but a compile issue was introduced for OpenGL ES 3.1 when MSAA support was added. Here is the GitHub commit to fix it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...2484c15428e1fa
                                In first time compile."Development Editor" "Win64"
                                I have compile issue even now.

Error 4 error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 UE4
                                Error 1 error C2065: 'bAttributeLessDraw' : undeclared identifier G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLCommands.cpp 2803 1 UE4
                                Error 2 error C1020: unexpected #endif G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLCommands.cpp 2809 1 UE4
                                Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv.dll G:\UnrealEngine-7ad908a202fd828eada8d9f6262484c15428e1fa\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4

Edit the"BaseEngine.ini",and compile"Development" "Win64" and "Development" "Android".
                                I have lot of error.
                                Last edited by pafupafu; 08-26-2015, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X