This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
    EDIT: Oh wait, you mean reflection capture actors? What, they didn't work with dynamic lights before?
    Yes, exactly!
    ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
      Yes, exactly!
      I actually just tested this in 4.8 and it seems to be working... I'd be mighty interested to know what's changed here.
      [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Hmm, so reflection capture actors work for you in 4.8 when you restart the editor after unchecking "allow static lighting" and checking "generate mesh distance fields" in the project settings? Without having reflection capture actors in the scene, hence adding them after the restart.
        ArtStation

Comment

Hmm, so reflection capture actors work for you in 4.8 when you restart the editor after unchecking "allow static lighting" and checking "generate mesh distance fields" in the project settings? Without having reflection capture actors in the scene, hence adding them after the restart.
          You're correct, once I disabled static lighting and enabled distance fields they don't work pre-4.9.
          [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

All UMG animations can't work in UE4.9!
            It seems that the module named movieSceneCore was renamed to movieScene. Maybe it's necessary, But, that had a tremendous impact to our project. Because there were so many UI animations in our project. And now , all can't work now!

Please see here:
            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...k-in-ue49.html
            Last edited by awwuwei; 08-24-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

@order66: Here is a comparison:

Looking good Thx for the screens!
              --------------------------------------------------------
              [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
              [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

I noticed a UI bug in the Blueprint editor. I was editing the collision settings for a sphere component and I noticed the blue ? help icon doesn't scale well when moving the separator to the left. My words are failing me right now, so here's a screenshot to help :P

Comment

I was really hoping for a direct export to Google Cardboard in this build. For all the VR devs out there it seems like that would be an easy and big win for the Unreal Team to get into the next sprint. Just a friendly suggestion. Thanks!

Comment

Any suggestions on how we can specifically test the DX12 features in UE4 4.9?

Comment

Wow... how do I go about fixing these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	omg.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	1084355

Also, this project does NOT build at all. I can't package it.
                      Code:
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Project.Build: ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in mscorlib: Illegal characters in path.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Stacktrace:    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.UE4Build.XGEConsoleExe()
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at BuildCommand.Execute()
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_Unknown
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Domain_ProcessExit
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): copying UAT log files...
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): BUILD FAILED
                      PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error
                      Trying to see if the new Android Works stuff works with debugging since previous versions just don't work for me, not a great start

EDIT: Also, wow this page really slows my browser down for some reason...

EDIT #2: Now going to try building for Visual Studio. Getting a huge list of deprecated warnings and also getting some VERY odd errors about variable declaration being done more than once (even though it definitely isn't!)
                      Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-24-2015, 04:40 AM.

Comment

So Packaging seems to be broken completely for me. I can deploy in Visual Studio to Android using the new (THANKYOU) NSight Tegra Debugger, but in editor I get a failed log. I suspect this is due to the list of Deprecation Warnings, and possibly the fact that the clang compiler now seems to run with -WShadow. I can see why, but I think that should really be an option you can turn off somewhere, because it's perfectly acceptable to have those kinds of variables normally right?

Additionally, any game I deploy to Android currently crashes in GenericPlatformMemory.cpp - Line 77. This is with any game, even a default Unreal Project.

Edit: Packing in Editor for Android is completely broken. Created a new Flying C++ Template and tried to build for Android (DXT) - instantly fails.
                        Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-24-2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Hi TheJamsh,

The Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in mscorlib: Illegal characters in path. issue looks to be a problem with the new code to break out the PATH environment variable to try locating xgConsole.exe.

You can work around this for now by changing XGEConsoleExe in Engine/Source/Programs/AutomationTool/UE4Build.cs back to:

Code:
                          		public string XGEConsoleExe()
                          		{
                          			return @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Xoreax\IncrediBuild\xgConsole.exe";
                          		}
                          I'd like to see your PATH variable contents to see why it doesn't work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
                            I'd like to see your PATH variable contents to see why it doesn't work for you.
                            Hey Chris - I can grab those tomorrow for you, where do I find them exactly?

I know that I was also having trouble with Environment Variables when it came to using TADP.. Also I thought you may wanna know, I installed the new AndroidWorks system that came with 4.9 - didn't work with 4.9 of course because of the above problem, but went back to the 4.8 version of my project and the debugger instantly worked. It's like a transformation...

There are a few issues though. If the engine hits a Breakpoint or a 'check', VS doesn't take you to that location in code, the debugger just stops. You have to check LogCat to figure out where the crash was which unfortunately means you don't get a callstack to debug the issue further. I did however manage to at least fix the game insta-crashing in 4.8, turns out we had some NAN vectors being generated from our Orbit generator. Took three days but got there eventually :P It seems as if the PC / Windows .exe can gracefully handle NAN's when they're generated, but the Clang-compiled version doesn't like them at all..

Is the debugger meant to just exit like that, or should you hit checks / breakpoints in Unreal as well? This is 4.8 of course, so I imagine that version isn't fully integrated with Android Works yet..
                            Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-24-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                              Engine crashes when I attempt to copy a texture sample from one material editor to another.

Code:
                              Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: TextureReferenceIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\HLSLMaterialTranslator.h

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Texture() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:2717]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionFunctionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:7563]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionTextureSample::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:1314]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMatExpressionPreview::CompilePropertyAndSetMaterialProperty() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:143]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Translate() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:277]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::BeginCompileShaderMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1434]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1377]
                              UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1289]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::GetExpressionPreview() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3705]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::RefreshExpressionPreviews() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3650]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::UpdateMaterialAfterGraphChange() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3459]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodesHere() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3409]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3306]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
                              UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,void __cdecl(void)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:388]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ConditionalProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:206]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:150]
                              UE4Editor_GraphEditor!SGraphEditorImpl::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\sgrapheditorimpl.cpp:66]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>::operator()() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3913]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FKeyEvent,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:214]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::RouteAlongFocusPath<FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>,FKeyEvent>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:196]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessKeyDownEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3914]
                              UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3836]
                              UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1259]
                              UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1708]
                              UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:706]
                              UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:628]
                              user32
                              user32
                              UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:792]
                              UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
                              UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
                              UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                              UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
                              Hi Bladerskb -

Can you let me know exact what type of material (material attributes) which you are copying from and pasting into? Also are you using a project that has been converted from 4.8.X or a fresh project from 4.9? As much information as you can give me for a reproduction would be helpful.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Comment

Working...
                              X