Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would I set up a material for parallax mapping?
    Stylized Low Poly Environment
    Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
    Stylized Low Poly Buildings
    First Person Horror Template

Comment

Originally posted by wardoctor1909 View Post
      can you guys fix DX12 it's still crashing and i want to work with it please
      This will be an ongoing thing, dont expect a fix overnight. I have found that since Preview 1, where I couldn't even start the editor in D3D12 to now, things have improved dramatically, I only get a couple of obscure crashes now, so there has definitely been a lot of improvement, but I suspect it'll be a while longer before all issues are completely resolved.

In fact, if you are not already, it would be helpful for you to raise answerhub posts for each of your crashes, this is the way to get D3D12 usable quicker, which ultimately is what you want.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by order66 View Post
        Seeing the image in the blogpost (https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/49...early-adopters) I am wondering if there is an update coming to the Shooter Game Any info?
        That would be a great idea, it'd be nice to see an updated version of the Shooter Game focusing more on Blueprints than C++.
        KT Dev Blog:
        https://sites.google.com/site/knight...evelopers-blog

Comment

The only issue I've had so far is I haven't been able to do a complete build at all using the production settings with any of the 4.9 Preview builds, which I've had no problem with previous engine versions until now.

Hoping that the Unreal Engine 4.9 Preview 4 build works for this.
          KT Dev Blog:
          https://sites.google.com/site/knight...evelopers-blog

Comment

Originally posted by KnightTechDev View Post
            That would be a great idea, it'd be nice to see an updated version of the Shooter Game focusing more on Blueprints than C++.
            Well, some time ago they said they want to do an update for the ShooterGame and replace the Slate code with UMG. Since the screenshot shows a somewhat updated UI, this might be it. However, this means more Blueprints (UMG) and less C++ (Slate)

--------------------------------------------------------
            [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
            [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
              • Core Updates:
                • Runtime Asset Cache is a generic asset cache system that can be used to persistently store data generated during runtime in configurable asset buckets
              Can someone describe this feature? Or point-out to some documentation (if it already exists)?

Thanks!
              D.

Comment

Originally posted by TooManyfps
                The issue list is three time longer than the update list on the first page

edit: I just counted....it is actually 5 times longer....in preview #4

no update for me
                That is the list of issues that have been fixed, not outstanding issues (talking about https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post358187).

Cheers,
                Michael Noland

Comment

One of my favorite features of 4.9 is the ability to use reflection captures in a totally dynamic lighting setup and not just the skylight reflection. Looks so much better now!
                  ArtStation

Comment

Are plugins working with content only project in 4.9
                    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                      One of my favorite features of 4.9 is the ability to use reflection captures in a totally dynamic lighting setup and not just the skylight reflection. Looks so much better now!
                      Do you have some before/after screenshots that you can provide?
                      [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                      [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Every preview hoping that issue UE-17458 is fixed, but unfortunately its not. Here is hoping that it will be fixed for the actual release of 4.9.

Comment

Originally posted by order66 View Post
                          Do you have some before/after screenshots that you can provide?
                          I am trying to find that feature in 4.9 but I can't seem to find it...

Comment

@order66: Here is a comparison:

ArtStation

Comment

Can you tell me here that feature is found? In the light properties?

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean reflection capture actors? What, they didn't work with dynamic lights before?
                              Last edited by DamirH; 08-22-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Engine crashes when I attempt to copy a texture sample from one material editor to another.

Code:
                                Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: TextureReferenceIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\HLSLMaterialTranslator.h

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Texture() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:2717]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionFunctionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:7563]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::CallExpression() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:1386]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FExpressionInput::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:63]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!UMaterialExpressionTextureSample::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialexpressions.cpp:1314]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMatExpressionPreview::CompilePropertyAndSetMaterialProperty() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:143]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FHLSLMaterialTranslator::Translate() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\hlslmaterialtranslator.h:277]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::BeginCompileShaderMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1434]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1377]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::CacheShaders() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1289]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::GetExpressionPreview() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3705]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::RefreshExpressionPreviews() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3650]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::UpdateMaterialAfterGraphChange() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3459]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodesHere() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3409]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::PasteNodes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\materialeditor\private\materialeditor.cpp:3306]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
                                UE4Editor_MaterialEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FMaterialEditor,0,void __cdecl(void)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:388]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ConditionalProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:206]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ProcessCommandBindings() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:150]
                                UE4Editor_GraphEditor!SGraphEditorImpl::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\sgrapheditorimpl.cpp:66]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>::operator()() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3913]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FKeyEvent,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:214]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::RouteAlongFocusPath<FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,<lambda_4f604f87f3ce3f5c3b6a1447676ad634>,FKeyEvent>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:196]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessKeyDownEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3914]
                                UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnKeyDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3836]
                                UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1259]
                                UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1708]
                                UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:706]
                                UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:628]
                                user32
                                user32
                                UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:792]
                                UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
                                UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
                                UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                                UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

Comment

Working...
                                X