This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 4 for 4.9! Please view the Known Issues List on page 1 of this thread for the updated list of known issues.

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.9 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 4 - CL 2657513

UE-19834 A change in main broke material post process blendable references
    UE-19854 OBJ files fail to import
    UE-19783 Updating Match3 project leads to guaranteed compile failure
    UE-19536 Material nodes do not keep their connections when copied to another material
    UE-19274 Crashes not being recorded in crash reporter for 4.9 on Windows 10
    UE-19382 Crash when ending PIE if using dynamic materials in widgets
    UE-20019 Input Bindings losing rename information after re-opening project
    UE-19919 IOS doesn't build against latest IOS 9 SDK
    UE-19573 GearVR apps show rainbow screen on Adreno Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4.4
    UE-19481 Crash when retargeting UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton to M_Avg_Base_AnimSkeleton
    UE-19775 UMG Widget Blueprints don't correctly reference dependencies
    UE-19770 Hotreload of different modules fails when using makefiles
    UE-19711 LaunchOn Android does not detect material changes
    UE-19725 Reimporting/Duplicating assets does not update their source timestamps
    UE-19878 MeshMerging tool produces broken normal maps
    UE-19720 UBT Makefiles don't work on the Mac
    UE-18907 The unified cooker is listed as a supported platform
    UE-19246 FBXImportAsset Data is lost on project restart when changing any Build Settings
    UE-19497 Basic code project packaged for GearVR crashes on launch
    UE-19491 Movies are not playing when launching using -game
    UE-18660 Weapons are upside down in ShooterGame
    UE-19336 Arrow turrets don't fire in Strategy Game
    UE-19387 Crash occurs closing the editor when Owen is open in Persona
    UE-18951 Twin Stick Template BP - Player no longer collides with both cube meshes in the level
    UE-19586 Cascade crash upon clicking scrollbar
    UE-19416 "Failed to Import" message when trying to import Rolling Feature Pack
    UE-19293 Unable to make rotators using the math expression node
    UE-19849 Enum Variable doesn't pull the correct Default Value
    UE-18819 Packaging blueprint and code projects fails on Linux
    UE-19887 Cross-Compiling for Linux-ARM fails to compile
    UE-19912 Failed to auto import FBX
    UE-19830 Compiling promoted binaries causes warnings
    UE-19933 Linux Packaging failed to create directory
    UE-19704 Attempting to summon the GearVR menu on Lollipop androids causes a crash
    UE-19923 cannot locally compile physx on ps4
    UE-18950 Assigning a Material with a SceneTexture Node to a Particle System Crash
    UE-19978 ShooterGame sounds cut out on Mac
    UE-19468 Morpheus does not render some shadows in the right eye
    UE-19960 Morpheus frame timing issue
    UE-19729 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node_VariableGet::GetNodeTitle() [k2node_variableget.cpp:267]
    UE-19637 Packaging HTML5 does not create a LaunchHelper for mac
    UE-18611 Need to integrate D3D12 RHI
    UE-17608 [CrashReport] Painting a layered material onto a landscape causes crash
    UE-19836 Some iOS devices crash loading the Vehicle Template
    UE-19824 Moderate SunTemple load time regressions on Android
    UE-19785 Match3 is not updated for 4.9 after successful compilation
    UE-19682 DLC fails to cook
    UE-19508 Decals flicker while moving camera on Nexus 5
    UE-18918 Mobile starter content has rendering corruption on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (2013 version)
    UE-19718 Strategy Game - FPS regression on Samsung Galaxy S4 noticed a decrease in frame rate from 4.8 to 4.9
    UE-19895 Sound Wave editor details are missing source asset file path info
    UE-19893 Texture editor is missing Source Asset information in details window
    UE-19703 Deployed code projects crash when closing
    UE-19509 Modulated shadow performance very bad on Note 4 Mali (N910K)
    UE-19938 Deploying to device, changing MobileHDR and re-deploying gives shader compile error on device
    UE-20040 Distribution builds on Android with AndroidWorks have debug symbols on libgnustl_shared.so
    UE-19968 Crash in D3D11 resource creation due to a bogus viewport size in Cascade by way of HZB buffer build code
    UE-20001 Editing Text from a virtual keyboard crashes on iOS
    UE-19404 Misbehavior plugging lollipop android in to gearVR with project launched
    UE-20024 SideScroller2D sample crashes when opening on an Iconia Tab
    UE-20084 Leaderboard integer read always fails on Android
    UE-19532 Fails when packaging for HTML5 using code projects
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

cool... i'll admit I don't know what half of those things are lol, but I do recognize UMG, which is where I will be starting...

funny, I had a dream a few nights ago of my first level, the intro level, where the hints and tips came in on the animated menu (like the inventory example)... I would go to the middle of an all white empty platform... pull a switch and over in the corner a new section would arise from the ground... go there and pull switch... etc etc until the level was complete (one would release the wolves)... then transport to the full color open world...

looks like you guys are real serious in getting the editor working with fewer errors and crashes (a few crashes now and then are no big deal... first rule, save save and save again )... don't know how you got this far without obj's importing... great work guys

awaiting the day when I say 'this is the first day of the rest of my life... northstar

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
        I can't even create a project based of TappyChicken with the 4.9 engine version?
        Hey KillerSneak,

Could you please submit an AnswerHub post with additional information on what issues you're having with Tappy Chicken? Please include the error logs and include as much information so we can help you as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
        Twitter @UnrealSamantha
        Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
        Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

Issue in SplineComponent::GetInputKeyAtDistanceAlongSpline

Hi Epic guys and girls,
          I've really appreciated the refactoring of the USplineComponent but I think there's an error in SplineComponent.cpp from line 75

float USplineComponent::GetInputKeyAtDistanceAlongSpline(float Distance) const
          {
          const int32 NumPoints = SplineInfo.Points.Num();

if (NumPoints < 2)
          {
          return 0.0f;
          }

const float TimeMultiplier = Duration / (NumPoints - 1.0f);
          return SplineReparamTable.Eval(Distance, 0.0f) * TimeMultiplier;
          }

I think should be:

float USplineComponent::GetInputKeyAtDistanceAlongSpline(float Distance) const
          {
          const int32 NumPoints = SplineInfo.Points.Num();
          const int32 NumSegments = bClosedLoop ? NumPoints : NumPoints - 1;

if (NumPoints < 2)
          {
          return 0.0f;
          }

const float TimeMultiplier = Duration / NumSegments;
          return SplineReparamTable.Eval(Distance, 0.0f) * TimeMultiplier;
          }

like in rest of the code.

Comment

I notice the FSkeletalMeshMerge errors aren't even listed on the known issues page. I submitted a pull request to fix it a while ago, and I heard Matt Williams had notified people about it. Did I submit something wrong maybe, or is it a pull request for the wrong branch? https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1437
            Darth Coder's Wiki Tutorials

Comment

Heyhey

Just try to update to the preview 4...
              Are your servers choking?

[somehow i cant add any images to posts in this subforum, so no screenshot]

Im stuck now with 0 B/s for about 15 minutes. Sporadically, something is transmitted, but only 10 or 12 MByte.
              The overal rate (for the first few GByte) was around 700KByte/s.
              Last edited by KVogler; 08-18-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

UE-19404 Misbehavior plugging lollipop android in to gearVR with project launched
                UE-19938 Deploying to device, changing MobileHDR and re-deploying gives shader compile error on device
                UE-20040 Distribution builds on Android with AndroidWorks have debug symbols on libgnustl_shared.so

Fixed in Preview 4 or Known Issues for 4.9 Preview 4.
                Which is correct ?
                Last edited by Aabs Inc.; 08-18-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post

Fixed in Preview 4 or Known Issues for 4.9 Preview 4.
                  Which is correct ?
                  The changelist above lists these as fixed for preview 4 not as known issues.

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                    Heyhey

Just try to update to the preview 4...
                    Are your servers choking?

[somehow i cant add any images to posts in this subforum, so no screenshot]

Im stuck now with 0 B/s for about 15 minutes. Sporadically, something is transmitted, but only 10 or 12 MByte.
                    The overal rate (for the first few GByte) was around 700KByte/s.
                    I downloaded it fine, but it's taking a LONG time to install. Over half an hour yet and it's at about 80%
                    Piranhi

Comment

Question in 4.9...for BPIs, when calling interface messages, I am having to uncheck Context Sensitive. But prior to that, whenever the BPIs are implemented in the BP, I didn't have to. But also, there's two options, one with, one without the envelope....

Both say they are targeting the BPI correctly. Only difference other than the envelope in top right, is that Target. Regular one I am used to is blue while the other one without the envelope is off white and is self.

What's up with that?
                      Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/VictorBurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Currently looking for exciting new opportunities! Available for work!
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ars-experience

Comment

can you guys fix DX12 it's still crashing and i want to work with it please

Comment

"A file access error has occurred. Please check your running processes."

No antivirus blocking, and no Unreal Process running.
                          YouTube:Coruja Games
                          Twitter:@_corujagames
                          Facebook:@corujagames
                          Instagram:@_corujagames

Comment

I have a small question, the mobile point light for mobile cast no shadows in ES2 or ES3.1, right ?

Comment

Hi, i don't konw wehere to ask my question. I would like to know if there is a possibility to install the launcher and all the content of unreal engine on another disc than C: ?? if not, could add this option.
                              Thanks regards.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Stryker View Post
                                Hey Spyro,
                                Okay, so VR Preview is broken for you, do you have any links to AnswerHub posts regarding this that you have previously posted?
                                Sure:

It's not broken 'for me', this was a known issue, even in preview state for 4.8 and wasn't fixed for the whole lifetime of this release.

In 4.9 there's the next VR-bummer:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...reporting.html (Headset now isn't even correctly detected anymore)

The reaction:

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                                I do not have a timeframe of when it will be fixed, however it is unlikely it will make it into 4.9.
                                Great. Just great. Just release it this state, why not.

Another thing is the issue might actually not be Epic's fault at all and could potentially be the graphics driver you currently have installed.
                                No, it's not.

Hope everyone is having a great week and if I can help out in any way Spyro, let me know and I'd be glad to lend a hand. Take Care guys and have a great Monday!
                                You want to help me? That's nice from you. Please tell Epic they should release weekly patches for their major versions instead of leave basic functionality broken for months which were internally fixed long ago, that's all.

And yes, the staff is indeed awesome. They are very competent, friendly and often very, very helpful. I really appreciate that. But unfortuntely this doesn't change anything about their release policy. That's the reason why I had to switch to the Oculus branch and now having fun with compiling and packaging errors.

Many thanks.

spyro
                                Last edited by spyro; 08-19-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X