Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    cool... thx Stephen

    love this new point and click world we live in

    Comment


      I'm not sure if we can already do this, but is it possible to stop the launcher from automatically starting every time UE4 is started?
      Sometimes I need to close down UE4 and re-compile from VS multiple times which makes it annoying due to the launcher.
      I was hoping there'd be a "don't automatically open until next computer restart" button or something.

      Also is there a way to filter wikis by date published? I sometimes see the counter for number of wikis increase, but it's a mission to determine what was added.

      Comment


        Originally posted by MaxL View Post
        I'm not sure if we can already do this, but is it possible to stop the launcher from automatically starting every time UE4 is started?
        Sometimes I need to close down UE4 and re-compile from VS multiple times which makes it annoying due to the launcher.
        I was hoping there'd be a "don't automatically open until next computer restart" button or something.
        You can create a text file where you have UE installed or build \Engine\Build\PerforceBuild.txt (no content needed) and the engine won't bother starting the launcher.

        Comment


          Referring to my last bug post, any chance the missing UE4-JsonUtilities.lib will be included with the next engine update? It keeps me from packaging my game at the moment.

          Comment


            Also, I submitted a relatively simple fix for the FSkeletalMeshMerge class a while ago. Is there a chance it might be able to make it into the 4.9 release? https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1437
            Darth Coder's Wiki Tutorials

            Comment


              Is there any documentation on how to use the new "MotionController" component in blueprint to get the Vive motion controllers to line up with the real world controllers?

              Comment


                What's the status of UE-17032 ? This is a serious showstopper for outdoor VR scenes and has been broken since 4.8.0

                <edit> just checked on 4.9 preview 3 and it looks like it's working again, nice Job Epic!!
                Last edited by Illusionweaver; 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM.

                Comment


                  Packaging always fails for HTML5 or Android code projects.

                  I noticed this is a known issue for HTML5 (UE-19532), but not for android.

                  AnswerHub post here.

                  By the way: I am no longer experiencing the GPU resetting issues I reported some days ago.
                  Last edited by Ixiguis; 08-12-2015, 12:17 AM.
                  Jefferson Pinheiro

                  Comment


                    gracias unreal engine...:! atento a las actualizaciones

                    Comment


                      Thank god unreal engine preview finally have pivot reset. I been waited for the developer to fix pivot issue but still it will go back to the default space.

                      Comment


                        having problems installing, Unreal engine 4 does not install on Windows 10. It has to be installed thru the epic games launcher, but after logging in and selecting to install the engine, it just sits there and does not download anything (Freezes up). There is a bug with the games launcher on windows 10, or the default fire wall settings in windows 10 prevent it downloading? What is the solution?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by wh0001 View Post
                          having problems installing, Unreal engine 4 does not install on Windows 10. It has to be installed thru the epic games launcher, but after logging in and selecting to install the engine, it just sits there and does not download anything (Freezes up). There is a bug with the games launcher on windows 10, or the default fire wall settings in windows 10 prevent it downloading? What is the solution?
                          Hi wh0001,

                          The first thing to try is the steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

                          If nothing works, post a new report on the Installation & Setup section of AnswerHub. Make sure to follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs and post them with that report, along with your Dxdiag (system specs).

                          Comment


                            Why isn't UE-19533 (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...reporting.html) even listed in the known-isssues list (still broken in Preview 3)

                            (HMD is reported as always enabled since 4.9, even when its switched off after engine start or when choosing a non-VR preview mode!)

                            PLEASE don't release it without fixing this. Not again. Not after 4.8 and it's broken VR preview. It would make the whole version unusable for my project.
                            Last edited by spyro; 08-12-2015, 01:43 PM.

                            Comment


                              What's the status on the Oculus Audio plugin? It doesn't seem to work properly, it just doesn't sound right at all? Anyone figured this out already?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by spyro View Post
                                Why isn't UE-19533 (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...reporting.html) even listed in the known-isssues list?

                                (hmd is reported as always enabled since 4.9, even when its switched off after engine start or when choosing a non-VR preview mode!)

                                Please don't release it without fixing this. Not again. Not after 4.8. It would make the whole version unusable for my project and I really don't want to stay on 4.8 with it's broken VR preview...
                                Hi spyro,

                                UE-19533 is listed in the known issues list on page one of this thread, located here. I checked into it and it is currently being assessed. I do not have a timeframe of when it will be fixed, however it is unlikely it will make it into 4.9. I will update the bug report with this additional information, but that is not a guarantee that it will be addressed sooner.
                                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X