Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow... looks like you're getting to the real grit issues... great work guys, i'll bet you're running around saying 'so much to do, so little time'... well you're down the rabbit hole now... enjoy

does this mean I have to re-dwnld the launcher now, or will it upgrade itself (i'm waiting for 4.9 B4 I start, I have the current launcher)

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
      does this mean I have to re-dwnld the launcher now, or will it upgrade itself (i'm waiting for 4.9 B4 I start, I have the current launcher)
      You don't need to do anything to the Launcher, it should automatically alert you to the Preview's availability. There will be an update to the launcher later this week to address a few issues.
      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

cool... thx Stephen

love this new point and click world we live in

Comment

I'm not sure if we can already do this, but is it possible to stop the launcher from automatically starting every time UE4 is started?
          Sometimes I need to close down UE4 and re-compile from VS multiple times which makes it annoying due to the launcher.
          I was hoping there'd be a "don't automatically open until next computer restart" button or something.

Also is there a way to filter wikis by date published? I sometimes see the counter for number of wikis increase, but it's a mission to determine what was added.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxL View Post
            I'm not sure if we can already do this, but is it possible to stop the launcher from automatically starting every time UE4 is started?
            Sometimes I need to close down UE4 and re-compile from VS multiple times which makes it annoying due to the launcher.
            I was hoping there'd be a "don't automatically open until next computer restart" button or something.
            You can create a text file where you have UE installed or build \Engine\Build\PerforceBuild.txt (no content needed) and the engine won't bother starting the launcher.

Comment

Referring to my last bug post, any chance the missing UE4-JsonUtilities.lib will be included with the next engine update? It keeps me from packaging my game at the moment.

Comment

Also, I submitted a relatively simple fix for the FSkeletalMeshMerge class a while ago. Is there a chance it might be able to make it into the 4.9 release? https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1437
                Darth Coder's Wiki Tutorials

Comment

Is there any documentation on how to use the new "MotionController" component in blueprint to get the Vive motion controllers to line up with the real world controllers?

Comment

What's the status of UE-17032 ? This is a serious showstopper for outdoor VR scenes and has been broken since 4.8.0

<edit> just checked on 4.9 preview 3 and it looks like it's working again, nice Job Epic!!
                    Last edited by Illusionweaver; 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Packaging always fails for HTML5 or Android code projects.

I noticed this is a known issue for HTML5 (UE-19532), but not for android.

AnswerHub post here.

By the way: I am no longer experiencing the GPU resetting issues I reported some days ago.
                      Last edited by Ixiguis; 08-12-2015, 12:17 AM.
                      Jefferson Pinheiro

Comment

gracias unreal engine...:! atento a las actualizaciones

Comment

Thank god unreal engine preview finally have pivot reset. I been waited for the developer to fix pivot issue but still it will go back to the default space.

Comment

having problems installing, Unreal engine 4 does not install on Windows 10. It has to be installed thru the epic games launcher, but after logging in and selecting to install the engine, it just sits there and does not download anything (Freezes up). There is a bug with the games launcher on windows 10, or the default fire wall settings in windows 10 prevent it downloading? What is the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by wh0001 View Post
                              having problems installing, Unreal engine 4 does not install on Windows 10. It has to be installed thru the epic games launcher, but after logging in and selecting to install the engine, it just sits there and does not download anything (Freezes up). There is a bug with the games launcher on windows 10, or the default fire wall settings in windows 10 prevent it downloading? What is the solution?
                              Hi wh0001,

The first thing to try is the steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If nothing works, post a new report on the Installation & Setup section of AnswerHub. Make sure to follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs and post them with that report, along with your Dxdiag (system specs).

Comment

Why isn't UE-19533 (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...reporting.html) even listed in the known-isssues list (still broken in Preview 3)

(HMD is reported as always enabled since 4.9, even when its switched off after engine start or when choosing a non-VR preview mode!)

PLEASE don't release it without fixing this. Not again. Not after 4.8 and it's broken VR preview. It would make the whole version unusable for my project.
                                Last edited by spyro; 08-12-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X