This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdeptStrain View Post
    Last I heard Microsoft was working on the DirectX 12 support (given there isn't a public DirectX 12 SDK available yet) in a private GitHub branch. You can request access to that branch and the experimental SDK via here (link is at the bottom of the article).
    The DX12 SDK is available. It was released with Windows 10, on July 29th. You can look at example usages on Microsoft's Github page, along with some other quite interesting packages, such as the Objective C iOS to the Windows Universal App Platform.

Speaking of the Windows Universal App Platform, does anyone know of anyone working on porting the Engine to Windows 10 mobile devices? Would we be able to use the HTML5 support to do make one, or will it be more work than that.

Comment

i just want to know when package option will include dx12 so we can play our projects already compiled with dx12 and not in the editor.

Comment

Hey, any plans on adding usb joystick support? or any way to add usb joystick support? I have a custom non-playstation/xbox usb joystick that I cant get to work in ue4. Considering it works in MK9 and DMC which were both made in UE, is there any work-around for it?

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptStrain View Post
          Last I heard Microsoft was working on the DirectX 12 support (given there isn't a public DirectX 12 SDK available yet) in a private GitHub branch. You can request access to that branch and the experimental SDK via here (link is at the bottom of the article).
          All you need is Visual Studio 2015 Community with Windows 10 SDK. It includes Dx12 by default. There are free publicly available samples too. All of this stuff was available through the dev.windows for quite awhile, but now it's been out officially since rtm.

OR you can just use 4.9 with -D3D12 which is quite nice. Still haven't figured out how to enable multi engine/adapter in UE4 though, i know how to develop a standalone dx12 app that takes advantage of multi engines and multi adapters, but i dont see any logs telling me in ue4 its running on more than one node in ue4. for example when the log does spit out something related to d3d12, even though there are 3 adapters, it only chooses one of them and its always adapter 0. Is this just default messaging, and its actually got 3 nodes ? can i target a specific node / engine?
          Last edited by SaxonRah; 08-08-2015, 07:49 AM.
          Youtube
          Machine Learning C++ Plugin
          Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

is there any push notification feature for Android/iOS ?
            ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
            GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Why is it when I compiled directly

Comment

@SaxonRah and @BillDStrong, Neat. I wasn't aware it was public yet. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Right now, starting the engine with -D3D12 yields a much lower framerate on my project, bumping the rendering time from 8ms to 13ms. Not sure if that's expected at this stage.
                  Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
                    All you need is Visual Studio 2015 Community with Windows 10 SDK. It includes Dx12 by default. There are free publicly available samples too. All of this stuff was available through the dev.windows for quite awhile, but now it's been out officially since rtm.

OR you can just use 4.9 with -D3D12 which is quite nice. Still haven't figured out how to enable multi engine/adapter in UE4 though, i know how to develop a standalone dx12 app that takes advantage of multi engines and multi adapters, but i dont see any logs telling me in ue4 its running on more than one node in ue4. for example when the log does spit out something related to d3d12, even though there are 3 adapters, it only chooses one of them and its always adapter 0. Is this just default messaging, and its actually got 3 nodes ? can i target a specific node / engine?
                    And 4.9 brings the needed headers and libs for DX12 in UE4 with its sources, to use with VS 2013 (at Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Windows\DirectX), among the other versions.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaLocker View Post
                      Im really passionate and glad that Epic have done such a great job with UE4. Unfortunately, I am forced to use other engines as the C++ documentation is lacking, and with every release ( and surprisingly often releases at that) the documentation becomes even more unreliable and out dated. You guys have added the pains of uscript scripting back into UE4 by not having a reliable source of documentation for C++ function and features.

Are the any plans to have a definitive and precise source of C++ documentation and functionality that isnt a rip from whatever project Rama is working on at the time...? (thanks btw Rama).

Right now im begrudgingly resorting to Unity.
                      Unity has a different release schedule and doesn't have source available. UE has major releases throughout the year and the source makes for excellent documentation. It takes longer to learn but is far more flexible, that's the trade-off.
                      George Rolfe.
                      Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                        Right now, starting the engine with -D3D12 yields a much lower framerate on my project, bumping the rendering time from 8ms to 13ms. Not sure if that's expected at this stage.
                        Interesting, Im not seeing the same decrease. Instead Ive gone from 5ms draw times to 2-3ms draw times using D3D12, the only issues Im running into is random crashing, but Ive put that down to early implementation for now.
                        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

I hope that the UE 4.9 Windows 10 fully supports

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                            I hope that the UE 4.9 Windows 10 fully supports
                            I was able to run UE4.9 preview 2 from the launcher on a fresh install of Windows 10, I didnt do much other than package a sample project as a android game but it worked
                            ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

"Level Blueprints can now be communicated with via interfaces using the Get Streaming Level node" = I love you.

Comment

4.8 on Windows 10 is ridiculously unstable for me. Especially C++ Projects, for some reason.

I have a hard time reproducing them as well, as it occurs at random most times, but it generally happens during some blueprint-related operation. I'll try to run the editor in debug mode next time, and see if I pick up something there.
                                I hope it Will become more stable With 4.9.

Comment

Working...
                                X