X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straight shota View Post
    Well ue4.9 be Daz3d friendly?
    We support FBX and Obj. If they support either of those then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Ballard View Post
      Hey John,

I attempted to reproduce this in 4.9 P2 but I couldn't get the crash. I did find your crash report however.

Could you create a new report on AnswerHub and include a small test project with the crash?

Thanks,

TJ
      It appears that the order of the members of the struct matters. At first try I was unable to reproduce it in a new project, and I had worked around it in my original project by removing the custom enum, making the local variable, then adding it back. Now I went back to try and reproduce it in my original project and can't. But after moving the order of the enum, in the struct, I got it to crash again. Now I just need to see if I can get the right order in a test project.

tl;dr yeah let me see what I can do

EDIT: Ok there is actually a lot of moving pieces required to get this crash. Even the function signature in BP matters. I have it reproduced now and will be posting it on Answerhub in a few
      EDIT: AnswerHub here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ash-in-49.html
      Last edited by John Vanderbeck; 08-06-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Little late to the party, but thanks for the preview.. will try to check it out soon!
        Would also like to report that when, on the desktop in "Unreal Launcher", you click on "4.9 Released!" (in the "Whats New"-section) it redirects you to Page 5 of this forum thread, not the first page.

Thanks!

Comment

I think its because the 4.9.2 release notes are near the bottom. Its all good, though! Just scroll down a little bit and you're good to go.

Comment

The crash occurs when I click on the Regions&Languages setting...
            The editor crashes when I quit the PIE in mobile/HTML preview mode...
            And the sound cannot be played on iphone 5s(ios8.3)
            Last edited by hls333555; 08-06-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

so when will compiling of projects with dx12 be avaible?? BTW I ALREADY KNOW WE CAN RUN DX12 WITHIN THE EDITOR BUT WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO COMPILE OUR PROJECTS WITH DX12 AND PLAY OUR GAMES WITH DX12

Comment

Originally posted by emirh2010 View Post
                so when will compiling of projects with dx12 be avaible?? BTW I ALREADY KNOW WE CAN RUN DX12 WITHIN THE EDITOR BUT WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO COMPILE OUR PROJECTS WITH DX12 AND PLAY OUR GAMES WITH DX12
                Please, stop yelling It hurts my ears

If you don't know, writing with caps generally means yelling/shouting in forums.
                Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hello, a couple of months ago, I compiled version 4.9 from github. And there was a check box for android in packaging settings to compress apk (or compress pak).

Where do I find it now and enable?

Comment

i know what it means haha, i was yelling because i asked a few times with no responce thats all

Comment

Originally posted by ObiKenobi View Post
                      Hello, a couple of months ago, I compiled version 4.9 from github. And there was a check box for android in packaging settings to compress apk (or compress pak).

Where do I find it now and enable?
                      Still in your project settings just be sure to expand all the options.
                      Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                      Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                      Fishy Blub Blub
                      get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by straight shota View Post
                        Well ue4.9 be Daz3d friendly?
                        Hi Straight shota -

Nick is correct we do support DAZ Studio, we are still looking into some Skin / Bone Weight Issues when importing those assets directly from the DAZ Studio FBX exporter. I have bumped the community interest for this bug report, but it will not be corrected by 4.9 release. If you do experience the skin weight issue (spiked polygons on import), the best solution currently is to import into Max or Maya and resave the FBX which will clear up any problems in import.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                          I think the preview releases are menat to catch the most prominent bugs/glitches before the actual release of a new version.
                          It is expected that this will reduce the necessity of too many hotfixes for those versions (like 6 for the version 4.7).
                          So the much Epic learns from the preview feedback on 4.9, the less likely we will have a 4.9.6 or even higher....

Epic reiterates with every release : "Dont use preview versions for production systems."
                          So just ignore the previews if they are too unstable for you.

That is a contiuous process. UMG for example came with 4.5 (if I remember correctly), now its etting more and more solid.
                          Personally, Im looking forward to all the major new stuff in 4.9, but at the same time I anticipate them to be "solid" not before 4.12 or even later...
                          Thats just how it goes
                          That makes sense I guess, if hotfixes were and are a problem. I guess that I am just too used to following every software fix up with a new number and calling it progress, lol! In my works area of development, incremental versions are not a problem ,and people highly appreciate them. Engine software is way more sophisticated, so I always thought that it would receive more versions, but when I think about it, the end users have to develop with this software so it makes sense to not have many updates between major versions. I still do hope that the next version is an extremely stable version, so I can start on my project!

Thanks for the reply!
                          G Street Games -

Comment

cool maan. keep going. I wait for NVIDIA apply its GameWorks as plugin in UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
                              Still in your project settings just be sure to expand all the options.
                              In github version only ?

Comment

Originally posted by emirh2010 View Post
                                i know what it means haha, i was yelling because i asked a few times with no responce thats all
                                Last I heard Microsoft was working on the DirectX 12 support (given there isn't a public DirectX 12 SDK available yet) in a private GitHub branch. You can request access to that branch and the experimental SDK via here (link is at the bottom of the article).

Comment

Working...
                                X