X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJ Ballard View Post
    Hey John,

I attempted to reproduce this in 4.9 P2 but I couldn't get the crash. I did find your crash report however.

Could you create a new report on AnswerHub and include a small test project with the crash?

Thanks,

TJ
    It appears that the order of the members of the struct matters. At first try I was unable to reproduce it in a new project, and I had worked around it in my original project by removing the custom enum, making the local variable, then adding it back. Now I went back to try and reproduce it in my original project and can't. But after moving the order of the enum, in the struct, I got it to crash again. Now I just need to see if I can get the right order in a test project.

tl;dr yeah let me see what I can do

EDIT: Ok there is actually a lot of moving pieces required to get this crash. Even the function signature in BP matters. I have it reproduced now and will be posting it on Answerhub in a few
    EDIT: AnswerHub here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ash-in-49.html
    Last edited by John Vanderbeck; 08-06-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Little late to the party, but thanks for the preview.. will try to check it out soon!
      Would also like to report that when, on the desktop in "Unreal Launcher", you click on "4.9 Released!" (in the "Whats New"-section) it redirects you to Page 5 of this forum thread, not the first page.

Thanks!

Comment

I think its because the 4.9.2 release notes are near the bottom. Its all good, though! Just scroll down a little bit and you're good to go.

Comment

The crash occurs when I click on the Regions&Languages setting...
          The editor crashes when I quit the PIE in mobile/HTML preview mode...
          And the sound cannot be played on iphone 5s(ios8.3)
          Last edited by hls333555; 08-06-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

so when will compiling of projects with dx12 be avaible?? BTW I ALREADY KNOW WE CAN RUN DX12 WITHIN THE EDITOR BUT WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO COMPILE OUR PROJECTS WITH DX12 AND PLAY OUR GAMES WITH DX12

Comment

Originally posted by emirh2010 View Post
              so when will compiling of projects with dx12 be avaible?? BTW I ALREADY KNOW WE CAN RUN DX12 WITHIN THE EDITOR BUT WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO COMPILE OUR PROJECTS WITH DX12 AND PLAY OUR GAMES WITH DX12
              Please, stop yelling It hurts my ears

If you don't know, writing with caps generally means yelling/shouting in forums.
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hello, a couple of months ago, I compiled version 4.9 from github. And there was a check box for android in packaging settings to compress apk (or compress pak).

Where do I find it now and enable?

Comment

i know what it means haha, i was yelling because i asked a few times with no responce thats all

Comment

Originally posted by ObiKenobi View Post
                    Hello, a couple of months ago, I compiled version 4.9 from github. And there was a check box for android in packaging settings to compress apk (or compress pak).

Where do I find it now and enable?
                    Still in your project settings just be sure to expand all the options.
                    Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                    Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                    Fishy Blub Blub
                    get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by straight shota View Post
                      Well ue4.9 be Daz3d friendly?
                      Hi Straight shota -

Nick is correct we do support DAZ Studio, we are still looking into some Skin / Bone Weight Issues when importing those assets directly from the DAZ Studio FBX exporter. I have bumped the community interest for this bug report, but it will not be corrected by 4.9 release. If you do experience the skin weight issue (spiked polygons on import), the best solution currently is to import into Max or Maya and resave the FBX which will clear up any problems in import.

Thank You

Comment

cool maan. keep going. I wait for NVIDIA apply its GameWorks as plugin in UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
                          Still in your project settings just be sure to expand all the options.
                          In github version only ?

Comment

Originally posted by emirh2010 View Post
                            i know what it means haha, i was yelling because i asked a few times with no responce thats all
                            Last I heard Microsoft was working on the DirectX 12 support (given there isn't a public DirectX 12 SDK available yet) in a private GitHub branch. You can request access to that branch and the experimental SDK via here (link is at the bottom of the article).

Comment

Just a quick heads up, I was tinkering around with some UMG stuff in 4.9p2 and created a simple score widget that had

Horizontal Box
                              --Text: "Score"
                              --Spacer
                              --Text: "99,999" bound to a function that returned the score

Normal stuff.. So what would happen is, whatever the score started at - that text would stay even when the score was updated (the updates would overlap the starting score) making it hard to read.
                              I went back to 4.7.6 and it worked fine, upgraded to 4.8.3 and it worked fine...

I don't have a project handy (I deleted it and just stuck with 4.7.6), but I could re-make it if you guys can't reproduce it.

-- Rob

Comment

What up everyone! Do any of you know when Epic plans on making it easier for importing Apex character clothing assets? Like basically fully integrating Nvidia Apex Clothing Tool or even an Unreal Engine exclusive character cloth editor perhaps? Either way the character clothing tool should be a part of Unreal Engine and not force us to use an external software. If use ask me bros this could've/should've been done a long time ago. Well anyway in the meantime I'm still trying to figure out the Apex Clothing Tool with my DAZ characters and bros I don't think I can take much more of the freaking Nvidia Apex software! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X