Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting a significant number of editor crashes in 4.9p1 and 4.9p2 when changing a variable type in BP. I think it happens more with local variables but I am not 100% sure. I have crash reported every one, but strangely unlike all my crashes in 4.8, with 4.9 the crash reporter never has any actual crash data.

EDIT: Actually just had two crashes in a row and noticed it was doing the same thing. In a Blueprint Function, I am defining a new local variable that defaults to Integer due to the previous one I did. I change that type to a custom Structure type and as soon as I click to select that new type the editor crashes. I am submitting it through the crash reporter, but this one gave me information for a change so thought I would also post it here if that helps.

Code:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

""

UE4Editor_Core!rml::internal::Block::findObjectSize()
    UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::Free() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\malloctbb.cpp:109]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!TProperty<FString,UProperty>::DestroyValueInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\unrealtype.h:956]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UScriptStruct::DestroyStruct() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:2430]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UStruct::DestroyStruct() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:736]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FStructOnScope::Destroy() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\class.h:1149]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FStructOnScope::`scalar deleting destructor'()
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintEditorUtils::SetDefaultValueOnUserDefinedStructProperty() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\blueprinteditorutils.cpp:4637]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintEditorUtils::ChangeLocalVariableType() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\blueprinteditorutils.cpp:4967]
    UE4Editor_Kismet!FBlueprintVarActionDetails::OnVarTypeChanged() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\kismet\private\blueprintdetailscustomization.cpp:1096]
    UE4Editor_Kismet!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FBlueprintVarActionDetails,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(FEdGraphPinType const & __ptr64)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
    UE4Editor_Kismet!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FBlueprintVarActionDetails,0,void __cdecl(FEdGraphPinType const & __ptr64)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:388]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!SPinTypeSelector::OnSelectPinType() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\kismetwidgets\private\spintypeselector.cpp:377]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!SPinTypeSelector::OnTypeSelectionChanged() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\kismetwidgets\private\spintypeselector.cpp:401]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,SPinTypeSelector,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(TSharedPtr<UEdGraphSchema_K2::FPinTypeTreeInfo,0>,enum ESelectInfo::Type)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,SPinTypeSelector,0,void __cdecl(TSharedPtr<UEdGraphSchema_K2::FPinTypeTreeInfo,0>,enum ESelectInfo::Type)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:388]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!TBaseDelegate<void,TSharedPtr<UEdGraphSchema_K2::FPinTypeTreeInfo,0>,enum ESelectInfo::Type>::ExecuteIfBound() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl_variadics.inl:482]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!SListView<TSharedPtr<UEdGraphSchema_K2::FPinTypeTreeInfo,0> >::Private_SignalSelectionChanged() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\public\widgets\views\slistview.h:609]
    UE4Editor_KismetWidgets!SComboRow<TSharedPtr<UEdGraphSchema_K2::FPinTypeTreeInfo,0> >::OnMouseButtonDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\public\widgets\input\scombobox.h:57]
    UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_c3d17fbe9fe4c04b22c811907fd44efe>::operator()() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4180]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_c3d17fbe9fe4c04b22c811907fd44efe> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:214]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerDownEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4184]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonDownEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4134]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseDown() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4070]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1341]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1708]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:706]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:628]
    user32
    user32
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:792]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
    Basically this is 100% reproducible for me, unfortunately Because now nothing I do lets me make a local variable of that type. I even tried promoting a pin that was of the right type to a local variable and got the same crash.

I can however make a normal variable of the proper type, just not a local variable.

EDIT: I have narrowed it down to only happen when the struct has as a member a custom enum.
    Last edited by John Vanderbeck; 08-05-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alinumber1 View Post
      hi. i used unreal 4.8.1 and create games android platform and run in all device successfully. but i update my unreal engine from 4.8.1 to 4.8.2 .after update i cant run games on some device android.and on 4.8.3 it is and not run and crash on start game on device. this problem fixed on unreal 4.9?
      frindes please help me .please

Comment

When will the Linux launcher be ready?

Comment

when will we be able to compile our projects with DX12 support? soto basically have our .exe projects already compiled running dx12 and not through the editor?

Comment

DX12 still crashes with newest updates it's a issue in the engine

Comment

Originally posted by alinumber1 View Post
              frindes please help me .please
              Hi alinumber1 -

Can you post the issue you are having on Answerhub and please include any project log files including most importantly the build log file you have as well as the Machine ID if the crash reporter pops up?

Thank You

Comment

thank eric. i posted and report bug but nobody responses
                Last edited by alinumber1; 08-06-2015, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Hi allnumber1,

Please allow up to four days to receive a reply. If you have not received a reply after 4 days, feel free to post on the thread asking for an update.
                  Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by John Vanderbeck View Post
                    I am getting a significant number of editor crashes in 4.9p1 and 4.9p2 when changing a variable type in BP. I think it happens more with local variables but I am not 100% sure. I have crash reported every one, but strangely unlike all my crashes in 4.8, with 4.9 the crash reporter never has any actual crash data.
                    Hey John,

I attempted to reproduce this in 4.9 P2 but I couldn't get the crash. I did find your crash report however.

Could you create a new report on AnswerHub and include a small test project with the crash?

Thanks,

TJ

Comment

Why are these "preview" releases rushed out when the "stable" versions still have many bugs in them?
                      I think the preview releases are menat to catch the most prominent bugs/glitches before the actual release of a new version.
                      It is expected that this will reduce the necessity of too many hotfixes for those versions (like 6 for the version 4.7).
                      So the much Epic learns from the preview feedback on 4.9, the less likely we will have a 4.9.6 or even higher....

Epic reiterates with every release : "Dont use preview versions for production systems."
                      So just ignore the previews if they are too unstable for you.

Will there ever be a focus on making the engine as stable as possible?
                      That is a contiuous process. UMG for example came with 4.5 (if I remember correctly), now its etting more and more solid.
                      Personally, Im looking forward to all the major new stuff in 4.9, but at the same time I anticipate them to be "solid" not before 4.12 or even later...
                      Thats just how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
                        I think it's something we'd like to do eventually, but there aren't any short-term plans to work on it.

Cheers,
                        Michael Noland
                        Thanks for answering! I really hope it gets implemented. I want to use clustering for making heaps of rocks without having them all be the same rock. Clustering would be amazing with this feature.

Comment

Word from the street says that UE4.9 will have Light channels: is this true?

Comment

Well ue4.9 be Daz3d friendly?

Comment

Any word on progress for volumetric fog/light shafts? I know it's on the roadmap, just wondering if we're any closer to seeing fog shadows/volumes

Comment

Originally posted by straight shota View Post
                                Well ue4.9 be Daz3d friendly?
                                We support FBX and Obj. If they support either of those then yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X