Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed this morning. I looked through the "Programs and Features" app and there is Epic Launcher and no Unreal Engine versions. Would removing the Launcher cause me to lose the projects?
    First you should backup your project folders on a different location. This way you wont loose your work, no matter what.
    Put your stuff on a USB stick and make your cat guard it.
    If you dont have a cat, get one. They are are really helpfull. I couldnt imagine working with Unreal Engine without my cat

When your data is safe, just reinstall the launcher and see if its staring up again and if its offering you installed engine versions. If not, check the location where the engine version used to be.
    If they are gone, good. Reinstall the 4.8.3 from the launcher again. In case these old versions still exist (but are not showing in the launcher), I would delete them and reinstall 4.8.3 anyway.
    I wouldnt trust the integrity of those installs anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmorris View Post
      UE 4.9 Preview 2 crashed while I'm running a game that I created. I think that Render to Texture 2D objects caused UE 4.9 Preview to crash. Now, I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed. How do I remove UE 4.9 Preview 2 and keep UE 4.8.3?
      Hi jeffmorris and KiatusStudios -

If you can create an Answerhub post for this issue, I want to make sure that it gets addressed. Can you make sure if possible to post the log file from the project which was crashing and if the Crash Reporter came up, please include the Machine ID as well?

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmorris View Post
        UE 4.9 Preview 2 crashed while I'm running a game that I created. I think that Render to Texture 2D objects caused UE 4.9 Preview to crash. Now, I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed. How do I remove UE 4.9 Preview 2 and keep UE 4.8.3?
        jeffmorris & KatatusStudios,

To add to what Eric said, make sure to go over the steps here and try anything that applies. It's likely that none of the fixes will work because you had the Launcher working to begin with. In that case, follow the instructions here to generate your Debug Logs and attach them to the AnswerHub report.

Thanks,

TJ

Comment

Does 4.9 allow one to create a game with a DM and have it work on an Android phone?

Comment

This issues still aren't fixed: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...rials-creation
            I will be really grateful if someone from Epic can look at it.
            How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

To draw a widget in front set the UISpace to Screen.
              Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

cool... the universe is slowly cranking around... by the time I fix my win10 drivers and tweeking stuff, 4.9 should be ready for dwnld and we should sync up...

best wishes to UE4 and all of its contributors

Comment

To draw a widget in front set the UISpace to Screen.
                  Then it won't be rendered on VR. It need to be 3d component. The same thing comes with weapon or arms in FPP games. It need to be rendered last if you don't want to see bumping on walls near player.
                  How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
                    Then it won't be rendered on VR. It need to be 3d component. The same thing comes with weapon or arms in FPP games. It need to be rendered last if you don't want to see bumping on walls near player.

There is an option to set the 3D Widget to screenspace, that doesnt work?

Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson Company View Post
                      Decal for mobile isn't showing on my android phone and in the mobile preview when target hardware is set to "Mobile/Tablet" and "Scalable 3D or 2D".
                      In 4.9 Preview 1 it worked but using spawned Decals didn't work and crashed UE4 when using mobile preview.
                      For Mobile Decals to Render you must have Mobile HDR checked True. The Scalable 3D or 2D Hardware settings causes this setting to be turned off. You can go into your Project Settings under Rendering and turn Mobile HDR back on and your Decals should render correctly in Mobile Preview and on your Target Device.

Comment

There is an option to set the 3D Widget to screenspace, that doesnt work?
                        Yes - this option moves it to canvas - it won't be visible on VR. It need to be rendered in world.

Hopefully before 4.10 someone from Epic will comment my issues/request. One of the issue can be fixed in C++ in 3 minutes (hiding bones) but I really need this working in Binary Release.

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

hi. i used unreal 4.8.1 and create games android platform and run in all device successfully. but i update my unreal engine from 4.8.1 to 4.8.2 .after update i cant run games on some device android.and on 4.8.3 it is and not run and crash on start game on device. this problem fixed on unreal 4.9?

Comment

By this:

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                            PREVIEW!
                            • Dynamic Character Shadows can be used with otherwise static lighting and shadowing
                            you mean this:

Right? If so, is there a chance for it to make the modulated shadow color per actor? It would help a lot to "deactivate" the shadow smoothly for an object that is shadowed by a static shadow... Hope it does make any sense to you xD

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
                              For Mobile Decals to Render you must have Mobile HDR checked True. The Scalable 3D or 2D Hardware settings causes this setting to be turned off. You can go into your Project Settings under Rendering and turn Mobile HDR back on and your Decals should render correctly in Mobile Preview and on your Target Device.

Thanks. What about spawn decal to location? Will this work for 4.9?

Comment

The game packaged by UE4.9 P2 still crashes on devices with IOS9..

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-ios9-bug.html

Comment

Working...
                                X