Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.9 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Things like hotfixes or updates to preview builds actually only include what has changed and not full downloads of the entire engine, but due to build artifacts like pdbs which can change the entire file even for a tiny change, the patch size is unfortunately much larger than we would like.

    If you are comfortable building from GitHub, you can avoid downloading symbols/pdbs/etc... and only download the source (and occasional 3rd party DLL/etc...) changes, which are much smaller.

    Cheers,
    Michael Noland

    Comment


      Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
      Well, you don't need to download every build. People on a limited bandwidth can just wait for a final version instead of downloading every preview.
      But that's not really the point, man.

      Having data limits shouldn't stop people from participating in the Preview releases. It wouldn't be a problem for anyone if there was just a more efficient way to download.

      But I guess there is a way, as Michael's pointing out.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
        Thanks for the answer! Do you know if it's planned at all? Would be a very useful feature. Right now clustering is pretty worthless if it means the whole cluster will be the same mesh, looks kinda rubbish.
        I think it's something we'd like to do eventually, but there aren't any short-term plans to work on it.

        Cheers,
        Michael Noland

        Comment


          Could anyone tell me if this has been addressed: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...f-demorec.html

          Quite a large filesize for me to download at the moment. Quite a simple bug to reproduce if anyone has the time; just creating a first person blueprint project, running the game, typing demorec demoname, and waiting about a minute.

          Comment


            Originally posted by uunx View Post
            Could anyone tell me if this has been addressed: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...f-demorec.html

            Quite a large filesize for me to download at the moment. Quite a simple bug to reproduce if anyone has the time; just creating a first person blueprint project, running the game, typing demorec demoname, and waiting about a minute.
            Hi uunx,

            I see that we already have a tech assigned to that particular post. Please allow up to four days for us to be able to look into this. If after that time you have not heard anything, please feel free to post on the answerhub post requesting an update. Thank you!
            Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

            Comment


              hello
              is there any further improvement for dx 12 in the 2nd preview , does it still crach , plz tell us before i download it and thank you

              Comment


                Originally posted by Amiot View Post
                hello
                is there any further improvement for dx 12 in the 2nd preview , does it still crach , plz tell us before i download it and thank you
                I'm not sure which crash you are referring to, but the Preview 2 release notes include this fix: UE-18611 Need to integrate D3D12 RHI

                For reference: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...at-is-rhi.html
                Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

                Comment


                  Is Android OpenGL ES 3.1 + AEP still "Github source only"? Any idea when that will get merged into the launcher version?

                  Just curious, it's kind of annoying having the launcher version and github version installed side by side.

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                    Decal for mobile isn't showing on my android phone and in the mobile preview when target hardware is set to "Mobile/Tablet" and "Scalable 3D or 2D".
                    In 4.9 Preview 1 it worked but using spawned Decals didn't work and crashed UE4 when using mobile preview.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                      Well, you don't need to download every build. People on a limited bandwidth can just wait for a final version instead of downloading every preview.
                      In final versions the "patchs" usually are between 2-5Gb as well, sure you have privileged connection for that response

                      Comment


                        I figured out my issue, it seems I have to include Engine.h in any header where I use USoundCue from now on.
                        Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

                        Comment


                          UE 4.9 Preview 2 crashed while I'm running a game that I created. I think that Render to Texture 2D objects caused UE 4.9 Preview to crash. Now, I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed. How do I remove UE 4.9 Preview 2 and keep UE 4.8.3?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jeffmorris View Post
                            Now, I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed. How do I remove UE 4.9 Preview 2 and keep UE 4.8.3?
                            This happened to me too!
                            KITATUS
                            "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by jeffmorris View Post
                              UE 4.9 Preview 2 crashed while I'm running a game that I created. I think that Render to Texture 2D objects caused UE 4.9 Preview to crash. Now, I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed. How do I remove UE 4.9 Preview 2 and keep UE 4.8.3?
                              Install the 4.8.3 engine version you can have multiple version of the engine installed in the [Library] tab click on the yellow [+ Add Versions]
                              Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                              Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                              Fishy Blub Blub
                              get it on Google Play

                              Comment


                                I tried to run the UE Launcher but it crashed this morning. I looked through the "Programs and Features" app and there is Epic Launcher and no Unreal Engine versions. Would removing the Launcher cause me to lose the projects?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X